j bags
Years ago

Crouching Tigers, Hidden Finals

Look!!!! over there!!! a tiger! wounded, in the bushes! It looks hurt, but not seriously! I looks as if it is bruised. Upon further inspection, i see it's ego is shattered!!!!!!!! Poor Kitty!

The continuation of the Mavs V Tigers post has lead me to ponder;
why are is there so much bitching going on between supporters of the Southern Tigers?

We are all in this together! There is going to be obvious changes made around the club in the off season, but the back-bone of the team will still remain.
I also have heard (on very good Authority) that Pokie will be returning next year!
Lets keep the bitching to a minimum eh fellas!

Still looking for the ring frodo Bag-gins??

Topic #223 | Report this topic

Josemite Sam  
Years ago

You bet J Bags, so much in such a little time has been achieved by your Club.

People are fearing the roar of the Tiger...again.

Other stuff coming soon!

Reply #1570 | Report this post

solid gold  
Years ago

who's pokie

Reply #1571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume Paul Pochintesta.

Reply #1572 | Report this post

Josemite Sam  
Years ago

Hey, further to the last post....have you noticed that the two biggest posts in recent weeks have centered around the Southern Tigers...you guys are the news in basketball...keep it going...all good stuff.

Reply #1573 | Report this post

solid gold  
Years ago

if i had used my brain i would have worked that out thanks isaac

Reply #1574 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

That is true young sammy!! We are large, and we will continue to hit the steal untill we are Bloody Huge!! Hahahaha! hoho!

I also attribute it to the fact that none of the supporters have anything to fill in their time, and this forum is a creative outlet for them to become a faceless anomily in the big wide world that is ABA basketball!
Hmm.... I'm not sure if I fit in to that catagory.

Would you like a bag, J? You look confused!

Reply #1575 | Report this post

Josemite Sam  
Years ago

J Bag,
I'll pass on the J bag but only because the rootiness, tootiness, gunfighter in the South shouldn't mix business with pleasure.

Reply #1578 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

Southern Tigers only came into being because it was too hard for two Clubs to do the work to become successful so they took the easy option amalgamate and vice president returned from a two year stint at Forestville with a bag load of good ideas how to run a Club properly

Reply #1582 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Sammy, I like the cut of your jib!
You sound like the kind of bloke I'd like to have on my team!

Bingo bags?

Reply #1583 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Zimmerman, where you beaten up by your sister a child? You seem to have a lot of anger issues!
Have you talked to someone about your problem?

I guess it may seem like the easy option to take. An amalgimation. easy. option.
3 very key points.
Easy = no. Any amalgimation is not easy. Especially when there are peoples jobs involved.

Option = They had no other options

Amalgimation = Makes everything better, bigger, stronger!

Business by bags 101

Reply #1586 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

Zimmerman,

"Only because", sounds like the wimperings of a spolit child.

Good work to the VP that recognised the potential. It is all about the future of this game of ours

I see through your allegence and agree, Forestville is a quality Club.

A good source tells me that it only took 12 months not 2 years to see the WTG and it was the Pres not the VP.

Reply #1587 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

As a non-tiger member a applaud the merger. As well as the performance of the Men's team this year. And I just hope that they can continue to grow stronger. A strong club in the south is great for basketball in SA.

Reply #1590 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Zimmerwoman... I'm not so sure that the two clubs amalgamation can be summarised in a 5 line post on an anonymous forum...

Kudos to you? I think not.

Reply #1591 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

Zimmerman,

I would take a walk around the 9 member Clubs of the BASA, and Eatern Mavericks and identify the next easy options...you seem to have a great understanding of understating...

Reply #1592 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Yosemite Sam, who are your easy options, not that it is going to happen anytime soon. My opinion is that 8 clubs is the ideal number for the size of our state. Woodvile/West is my frst option and then North/Centrals are my 2nd option to leave 8 clubs.

Reply #1593 | Report this post

Evolution  
Years ago

Hey Spammerman

Things change - clubs merge others simply dissapear. Some clubs spend a fortune on their mens program and still finish 6th others merge and pick up exactly zero Suns players but finish 5th. The world is a crazy place.

I am a big fan of the merger and cant wait to see what can be achieved next year.

Also while I'm here I think youll find not one current "member" club can trace its roots back very far. We have all changed and owe our roots to various Church based clubs etc

The lord has spoken - all hear our prayer. Peace

Reply #1594 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

J bags,

the game of bingo has it's high points, like legs 11...thankyou, and two fat ladies, 88,

but I would rather stick it to Zimmerman for his outrageous post on this ocassion.

As a neutral...with some fine beliefs (if i do say so myself) on the way forward,

I appreciate the informed views of this forum...both informed and not so...

It is all about healthy discussion of the issue...that is Basketball in this State.

Reply #1595 | Report this post

heartheroar  
Years ago

Evolution,

The reality is that two quality Suns players had the chance of merger and went to Norwood to play finals.

HELLO

Does that ring a Bell, if it doesn't than perhaps you should try to Foster the reply.

Both pre merger clubs have some good up and coming juniors....the Behrndts, Rovinas, McCallistars...and those I have forgotten.

The South will no longer be neglected.

Go J bags and Sammy, go away Z man

Reply #1596 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Didnt bell move to norwood in 02??????

Foster and Brad Collins are 2 players that did leave the season of the merger and continued to play ABA.

Nothing against the merger tho!

Reply #1597 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

The Answer,

That is the go!

As I have said before on this forum..it is all about critcal mass...juniors support seniors.

West and Woodville should merge...have a look at their Junior numbers...it is about numbers these days. (You may be surprised to see who is on top in that)

Centrals has the postion and North has the runs on the board but in a a very basic stadium...in an area that doesnt say LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION...(with no promise to rebuild, extend?)

We are still (2) too may Clubs for Adelaide...my views only

Reply #1598 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

Jesus didn't mean to upset everbody just my opion and no i don't have any allegiance with Forestville however live within about a 10 minute walk so have seen five or six ABL games at Wayville

Reply #1599 | Report this post

heartheroar  
Years ago

No Bell, left Suns went to Noarlunga, came back to Suns and then went to Norwood.

Reply #1600 | Report this post

Evolution  
Years ago

Yes I am well aware of the comings and goings in the Mens Senior program. What a pity for those silly enough to leave and head over to the Norwood down in flames - might want to rethink that decision.

However part of the evolutionary process is natural selection and those who are true/new Tigers will stay the course and evolve towards the top of the food chain, those who are not will go else where in search of riches, court time and god knows what.

That is the way of the world the strong get stronger, occasionally shed unwanted genetic mutations and re-eMerge the ultimate Predator.

I hear the roar because I am a Tiger

Reply #1601 | Report this post

Yosemite Sam  
Years ago

Z-Man,
good to hear you are walking and getting about.
Keep it real!

Reply #1602 | Report this post

heartheroar  
Years ago

Evolution,

to quote the J bag earlier on this forum, I like the cut of your jib you could be on my team too.

I could be a Southern Tigers Supporter or I could be the moderator just with another handle.

Either way Southern Tigers rocked my sox this year!

Come on 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #1603 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Evolution: didn't Norwood finish a game or so out of the finals?

I know you're all really excited but haven't I reminded everyone about "woofing" before?

Reply #1604 | Report this post

Evolution  
Years ago

Hi Isaac

Sorry but unless I missed one of my science classes Tigers dont woof they ROAR. Watch out if they do as there may have been some other mergers going on.

Obv there is a lot of Pro Tigers chatter and I am well aware of Norwoods close call with the finals this year - actually I was nearly crushed by the fight that spilled onto the Southern bench in that particular game ;-)

GL to Sturt this week Isaac - uh oh am I allowed to say that ... I did play for them for a while you know...

Reply #1609 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, very clever, but you understand my point? Less woofing please. Maybe you guys can start a quiet little Southern Tigers Poems thread? ;) There's a fair bit of creative passion out there..

Reply #1610 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

The new Souther Tigers will go down the same path as Noarlunga and Southern. Unfortunately, a lack of organisation and general administration will not see them relive the glory days. Why oh why did they ever get rid of Paul Meske? That neally is the worst move by a basketball club... ever!

Reply #1612 | Report this post

heartheroar  
Years ago

Observer,

Get a life and a dictionary.

If your passion is basketball...get a "life coach" to harness your passion.

There is nothing general about administration...look it up...(the meaning of the word)

M is gone, a great coach and bloke...and as far as admin (the future) welcomed back, as the invitation has been expendeded (several times) since almagamation.

M moves on, and greatly appreciated, If he comes back to power to the Southern Tigersso beit

...go to www.southerntigers.co.au - the hottest website in SA.

Reply #1616 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

I think you will find that www.southerntigers.co.au is an exact replica of forestvilleeagles.com.au

Reply #1620 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

No need for that kind of language anywhere never mind a forum like this. I think you are the one doing the sooking but who would be suprised by that

Reply #1624 | Report this post

Logan  
Years ago

People relax.

Well done to the team, they are an awesome bunch of blokes who obviously play hard to wn, not only for thei club but for each other.

No one (not even Hoops) is bagging them, we're all just being realistic. The results of this group have been good this year but as always everyone wants to see more. Add in another big man and an upgrade at PG and this group could be going to a Grand Final. Oh wait I wouldn't be talking about say Ben Trebilcock and Brenton Campbell would I? Two ex-Tiger boys that a previous coach was more then happy to let go.

Anyway, no-one has a problem with the guys on the floor, it's the idiots on the sidelines that have cuased everyone anger and frustration. The performance of the club at ABA Men's level ON COURT has been exciting and fantastic in 2004 the performance on the club at ABA Men's level OFF COURT (and I Mean the CLUB say CLUB COMMITTEE) has been distgusting and embarassing for all true basketball fans.

Reply #1626 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Obviously in my absence there has been a slight lowering of standard on this thread!
Stop now before a do a charlie (hopefully the one off high 5! She is hot!!!)

To the Southern Haters. Keep hating! THere is alot of passion involved here! As you can obviouly see!

Congrats to the Administrators! without them we wouldn't have a club!

Website design! Who really cares who does what! they both look pretty cool!

Tigers supporters let it continue! We rock! We have the passion and all the people who think other wise will have to deal with it!

Bags you are truely inspirational!

Reply #1628 | Report this post

Zimmerman  
Years ago

Never said anything about hate heartheroar used the bad language and also how great the tigers website was. Your men had a great season made the finals and went out in the first round so after a taste of finals you cannot wait for 2005 although that seems a long way off, now if you can only take all your love and passion and turn your women's team around because at the moment they don't cut it with the top teams that would be something

Reply #1632 | Report this post

Logan  
Years ago

Unfortunately fans like those in here only care about the Tigers men because 1) its a mens team and 2) they have mates in the team. It's great to claim to be a true Tiger's supporter but how many of you go to the girls games?

How many of you are members of the club?

How many of you have offered to help out the club with your time, such as coaching a junior team?

How many of you have gotten some sponsorship money for the club?

Answer those questions even just a couple in the affirmative before calling yourself a true Tiger supporter. If you can't then you are no more then the mate of a player I know some of you really are.

Reply #1634 | Report this post

BEP  
Years ago

Logan, what is your problem with the current PG for Southern. The club is in his blood and he has been the backbone of the team for the whole year.

Reply #1641 | Report this post

spike  
Years ago

Logan Yes to all the questions above and yes i do consider myself a true supporter because i can go to watch an ABA game to support my team and leave still supporting my club WIN or LOSE unlike yourself.
A TRUE supporter is someone who is involved in watching their team play and be more concerned about what is happening on the court and not around them. If this was such an issue to you on Saturday night you should have moved to a more appropiate spot. If most of the Maverick fans were sober, well then, i would hate to come across them intoxicated because they were FERAL.

Reply #1643 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Heartheroar, (or whatever your called),

Its good to see blind passion and blatent stupidity still lives on in some!

Keep on truckin'!

Reply #1647 | Report this post

Logan  
Years ago

I am not a true supporter of the Tigers nor have I ever claimed to be. I went to the game to support the Tigers because a mate of mine IS a supporter of the club and wanted to go. I went to support them because he was and left quite happy that the Mavs won. Unfortunately for the Tigers what happens off the court does reflect back on the club and I like many others Im sure didn't feel right supporting a club which clearly condoned such off court behaviour.

Reply #1651 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

OK, lets just say, hypothetically, people were able to make their own decisions????
How about we not put all the southern supporters into 1 basket! Who cares if a couple of old mates got boozed and started yelling! I didn't hear many obcenities (?) throughout the game now that I start to piece the night together.

The rowdyness at the eastern I feel should be souly blamed on the bar at eastern! $2.50 for a pale ale.
$4 for a Woody and cola!!! Where in Australia can you get drinks at those crazy, crazy prices! I ask you "who could refuse to buy from there!?" Also mixed with the fact that you could drink them court side!!!!!! Come on people this is a wonderful event!!!!!

Hogan if I pay my $5 to get into the stadium to support my 10 mates so be it!
If I get there for the 2nd half of the girls game it is a bonus.
Stop whinning!

J bags are you working out? ;-)

Reply #1655 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Geez, give a bunch of hillbillies a modem and a computer and look at the tripe they can produce... :D

Reply #1778 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Hey Ma' I found this on the road!!
We eating gormet tonight!
Possum! Mmmmm

Nice tooth bags, what do you call it?

Reply #1797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Logan! All good points. The boys do have talent and the young guns are very exciting, but players will continue to leave (and excel at other clubs) if the coach and admin staff don't get their act together. Loyalty needs to go both ways (players to the club, the club to the players).

I will cry if MORE players are told it would be better for their chances at NBL level if they move clubs.

Reply #12959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754