EC
Years ago

A message for Ben Fitzsimons

Ben, I know you read this forum and you yourself have placed messages on a number of occasions, so I am hoping your will read this and take on board what needs to be done.

The last few months in particular has seen a huge number of posts critical of the team's performance and coaching quality. This forum represents a selection of people that are passionate about the game and about the club. It is with much desire that more success comes out of the club by way of winning games and making the experience of attending games more enjoyable. We would like to be very proud of the club as has been the case in the past but this season has seen our pride tested. As some people have said and I myself witnessed last night upstairs after the game, Scott Ninnis is to coach the team for another season.

I am not asking you to make any comments on planning for next season and respect the fact that you do not need to respond on this forum, but all I ask is that you observe the comments made by the fans. Let the fans do some of the driving towards a better and more successful club next season.

Topic #22331 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

bah humbug :)

Please dont let the fans have any control over these decisions, lol... god knows where we would end up :)

Im pretty sure that all of the people involved in SOS and the club in general, are also fans, and they actually know what is going on in the club and what costs and financial implications result from each decision.

Long live a forum for us fans to comment... but ill leave it to the people in the know, to make the best decisions.

ONCE AGAIN... THANK YOU SOS

Reply #267961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People in the know? lol Cortez Groves.

Reply #267964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes i tend to agree with "me"...

Thanks to the SOS for saving the sixers for the fans.

Also, The SOS knows what is best and they will have scouts and be looking to improve the team with the resources available to them now that the season is over!

Reply #267966 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

i agree the fans voice needs to be heard in someway an hoops sa does a great job of that, but this seas the 6ers got to recruiting a lil later than most teams so bear that in mind.

its always easy to be critical when we are losing an the past few seasons have been painful. As fans we really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes an what resources the club has (money/ contracts). at the start of this season we had a good team but due to injurys (burston only really playing 1/2 a season, then gilchrist) an a lil lackluster season form groves, it turned out to be pretty painful.

we all want to see the 6ers days of old, but really we were spoilt by having a ABSOLUTE superstar in Brett Maher who always saved the day for us an always hit the massive shot when we needed it, lets hope 2010-11 season we can get back on track, cos really no matter what team we have at the start of the season i will always think we can win the championship lol

Reply #267973 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Why post a message personal to Ben here? Why not email him at the club? EC, did you refer Ben to your thread about throwing a game? Might help Ben get some context on which fans' comments he should be observing, and those he might avoid.

Reply #267976 | Report this post

Years ago

get tyler smith from tennessee

Reply #267979 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Message for Simon FitzBenjamin,

"Don't let the tail wag the dog"

Reply #267981 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

The doctor - beautiful work and I have to agree. EC, after your thread on how we should throw the last games, you have absolutely no credibility, and shouldn't presume to tell anyone how you think a club should be run. God knows if we listened to some of the suggestions in here, our club would be doomed!

Also, we have to remember that when we were putting some of those glorious teams of old on the floor, when we had a champion team of champions, we were just maybe slightly over the salary cap, or at least heavily bending the rules.

Reply #267983 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Gazza NOOOOOOOOO it's not true :-O

lol

Reply #267987 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Have to agree with thedoctor on this one.

In the past, (under old administration, and I believe that this administration is much better) I've fired off a few emails directly to the club, and each time, the previous owner (or someone using his email account) has responded. In cases, I've also had backwards and forwards responses and quite open dialogue which surprised me. The club really didn't have to respond, plus provide me with the information they provided.

Calling out the GM on a public forum isn't the best way to raise your concerns.

Ben is a smart cookie and I have every faith that whilst this season was a disappointment on a number of levels, he will be working towards building a contender.

Reply #267998 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Calling out the GM on a public forum isn't the best way to raise your concerns."

Totally Disagree, Ben has used this Forum to inform us about decisions and movements the club is making. He's opened a dialogue with the fans here. Which I think has been fantastic.
But by doing this hes opened up the Forum as a means to communicate with himself and the others. EC's post allows others, not just himself to put forward their opinions, hopefully in the same polite tactful method.

As for ppl saying fans shouldnt have a say over any decisions. I believe 12 months ago the SOS were all nothing more than fans, so it seems fans have complete control of the club.

Reply #268007 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

We certainly have not had the best season; however the crowds seem to have improved from last season, and I have actually enjoyed myself more this year than in the past few years, probably due to the atmosphere.

I am sure with an improvement on court the crowds and atmosphere will only get better.

Reply #268009 | Report this post

smeh  
Years ago

Let the fans drive it, wow coming from someone that wants to throw games, how about we give these guys some time to do what they do. Yes skud SOS are fans but also very successful business people on their own right and you dont do that by chance.

Reply #268011 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skud, he said it wasn't the best way and it probably isn't.

Reply #268014 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

The problem with emailing is when you don't get a response. At least on the forum you are going to get some form of indication whether you are out of your mind or not.

Reply #268031 | Report this post

Ben Fitzsimons  
Years ago

Hi All
I am more than happy to answer questions on Hoops.
Please realise though that time may dictate what and how often i can communicate to you this way though.
Obviously there are some questions it would be inappropriate to answer in a public forum.
As you all know I do read some posts on here as I do believe that, on occasion, there are some good ideas that come out of the discussions.
I also know that there are some very passionate people that love the 36ers that would do what we did if they had the same opportunity.
Perhaps Isaac we could set up a list of questions that i can reply to somehow on mass?
Thanks to all of you who supported the club when it needed its fans. Like you I am frustrated with the results and i assure you we will do all that we can to fix that next season.

Ben

Reply #268038 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

As I said Spinner, I got a response from every email I sent, and in one, after the Gong game where Copeland got ejected for his brain fart I didn't hold back after travelling 400 km to watch the game. I had a response from the owner at the time where he addressed each of my concerns, along with providing information which he didn't really need to provide.

I see this administration as being a better, more transparent group than the old.

End of the day, you've got more change of getting a response if your email is constructing and outlines your concerns and offers some suggestion then calling out someone on the forum. Try it, you may be surprised.

There is no point sending an email title "Sixers suck dead dogs dongers" and then spewing a whole heap of gibberish crap expecting to get a response.

Reply #268040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler Smith FTW!!

Reply #268045 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Geez Ben, you couldn't of waited 15 mins before you posted that....

Reply #268046 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers for taking the time Ben. Appreciate it.

TR, what is wrong with that email title???
; )

Reply #268056 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nothing DB, especially if you like dead dogs and um.. something else.

Reply #268066 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

No , the season wasn't the best , but we did have one.
Even though I'm dissappointed with the result, I'm confident it will be better next year because we will be able to plan for a season we know we are going to have.
Hard decisions will have to be made, but that's life in pro sport.
Again , thanks to SOS for making it happen.

Reply #268073 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Gazza
The one who has no idea is you as I DID NOT write about throwing a game. I never said they should throw a game and that was not my heading either, so get your facts straight.

The reason I started this post so all could see was that what I have said has been reflected in everything that has been written on this forum lately and everyone could see and support the fact that I was trying to get a message across to the general manager. It did not ask for any responses, and it especially did not ask for any ill founded criticism from you or anyone else who criticize for the sake of criticizing. So go get your facts straight next time before making comments.

Skud, thank you.
Isaac, I didn't ask for any discussions on this forum.

Reply #268090 | Report this post

smeh  
Years ago

EC then whats your point, if you only wanted a message to the GM then email him, why do it on a public forum if you don't want a discussion.

Reply #268094 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

cough cough..... smeh 1 cough EC 0 cough cough

damn furr balls.......

Reply #268096 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

EC, it may SEEM like Gazza criticized your post, but if you analyze every single word carefully and individually, we can swing it in a way where it seems he actually DIDN'T. PLEASE READ EVERY WORD AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE POSTING!

See there, it may SEEM like I just made a sarcastic mockery of the way you defend your embarrassing posts, but if you analyze every word veeerrry carefully...

Reply #268101 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Thanks Ben Fitz for taking time to give feedback.
Simple off court the SOS Sixers did a great job and a lot of good ideas and excitement around .
But on the court was a disaster with wrong imports and team structure . Other clubs gave unknowns a opportunity and they flourished we picked Groves and Cooper . The decision to give Scotty another season had to be made but a experienced assistant should have been added.
It didnt work we were totally out played and out coached and if needed proof all those unlusable games we lost is outstanding evidence.
Without wrecking club financially ruling out The Goorg we have to get best possible coach.

Reply #268105 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

What do people think about having Kevin Brooks included as an assistant coach? he has some experience with Wollongong. Im not saying he is the best man for the job or anything but if we do some coaching overhauls he should at least be considered as an assistant for us.

Reply #268143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, I don't think I claimed that you did.

Reply #268160 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I apologise if I misread your comment. I assumed your comment about Ben saying it wasn't the best way to communicate via this forum suggested that I asked for a debate on this forum.

Reply #268197 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Debate or provide comment on a forum? That's ridiculous!

Reply #268214 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - MAYBE ? Some of the basic stuff. -

E.G. AFL fans would know that their coach is signed for 2 years. While no one on hoops sa the forum knew that our coach was signed for 2 years, - apparently?
Although there appears to be cold water being poured on that, at the moment.

There was a lotta discussion on here re the performance of Ninnis and whether we'd get a ball park from Goorjian, advertise and the like.
But IF the coach is signed for 2 years, that puts a different view on things.
Would I be correct?

The second most discussed - was the performance of Cortez Groves and it appears that he must have completed his contract now ? From a TV news report?
(It seems some NBL contracts run 'til June - but ours , or at least some of ours - like Ballinger only run for when games are being played?)

Reply #268221 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

X - nice one.

EC - I apologise, I misread your comment saying we should do the honorable thing and let Wollongong win to mean that you thought we should throw the game. Obviously, I was wrong in that regard, they are two completely different things.

I do ask though, as X points out, that you read my post more carefully. No where in my message did I actually say you had said to throw the game, merely that you had a thread about throwing the game, and you had lost credibility in that thread.....

Reply #268225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754