Jack Toft
Years ago

Good Club Names

The social club I used to be involved in is looking at merging with another club. Both have large cats as their mascot. One is called Panthers, the other Pumas. As a former club president I have offered to help the clubs with a possible merge by facilitating discussions.

The Pumas are a much smaller club and are driving the merge so a lot of Panthers people are wanting to keep the Panther name, whereas some are opting for a neutral name. Tigers and Lions are already taken in the competition. Sabres and Bearcats not, but don't want to be seen to copy.

So, I ask all you poindexters out there the following questions:
1. Should we keep the larger club name and absorb the smaller club into the larger one? If so, how do we acknowledge the other club? eg should we remain the "Panorama Pathers", or become the "Pasadena-Panorama Panthers"
2. Why are their so many cat names with basketball clubs? What would be a good mascot name for a basketball club if we dropped the cats? eg the "Panorama Wolves"

Thoughts?

Topic #22337 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Combine them to become the Panamas. And wear hats on court. My consulting invoice is in the post.

Reply #267997 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Both are black cats...therefore there is your answer:

The "Black Cats"

Reply #268001 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL Isaac, thanks 'cuz

Black Cats is nice

Reply #268003 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Pasadena/Panorama Pussies??????

Reply #268004 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

Isaac and by calling them the Panamas you've got an excuse to get David Lee Roth involved and that can only be a good thing.
http://linky.com.au/okikb

Reply #268012 | Report this post

clem scott  
Years ago

What about Panorama Pattern Pavers

Do you like that one Moses

Reply #268081 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thanks guys, I only used those 'burbs as examples, they aren't the actual suburbs....

Reply #268083 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Panorama Pattern Pavers for me. For once, I agree with Clementine.

Reply #268087 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Superb Olaf!

Reply #268088 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Pasorama Pumthers ;)

Reply #268103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754