Isaac
Years ago

Ballinger signs in Israel for off-season

The Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers have learnt that 3 time club MVP and team captain, Adam Ballinger has today left to play for 3 months in Israel.

Ballinger will be playing for club Ironi Naharya. This club is the same as 36er team mate John Gilchrist spent two seasons with.

Topic #22339 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope he comes back.

Reply #268025 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

"the club has learnt ... " nice.

Reply #268027 | Report this post

Dangermouse  
Years ago

wow that doesn't exude confidence

Reply #268028 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

Goodluck to him! Genuine nice guy, great basketball player, hopefully fits in well with his team over there.

Reply #268032 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, hasn't been worded very well has it? Surely something like "The Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers can report that 3 time club MVP.... " would have been more appropriate?

Reply #268037 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I know it's a bit difficult for players to make speeches about plans and improvements next season when they may not have contracts finalised but, for what it's worth, Ballinger spoke at the MVP dinner as though he would be around next season (and I can't imagine the club not trying to keep him here!).

Reply #268039 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

if the club is signifying they want to keep him then they have worded the release really poorly. If they are signifying they are pissed off they have done well.

Reply #268049 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I more worried about him getting blown the shit up!! Its the off season, the club really has no say over what he does and we dont know the details of it so Im not worried. Goodluck to him, maybe he can learn some new tricks and just completely Dominate for us next season

Reply #268059 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Ballinger's not the one who needs to learn new tricks, it's our offense that needs to make him the primary focus, either by getting him the ball early in the position or running plays designed to get the ball to him down low, where he can work a 1 on 1.

Reply #268061 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

"I'll be back." He told TV news at the airport. "Not sure who'll be here , when I get back."

"Groves flew to the USA, this morning, most likely on a one way ticket." They also mentioned.

Reply #268069 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Ironi Naharya may have had very good reasons for keeping this signing quiet, such as they are replacing a current import mid season, or their current power forward is playing injured..

I heard Sat night that some of the players had already had their end of season interview/reviews with SOS, and it did not make sense to me then given that meant they had done that before the last game, but given these events it makes more sense now.

Reply #268074 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

It makes no sence other than money for him to do what his doing. I think everyone in his circumstances would do excactly the same and take your chances when they come. I think he'll be back to lead us again next season if the 6'ers have been able to offer him the rewards on his return, we all know of what our lifestyle has as long as no-one else is cashing in on his services I think we can build on bottom place! The only way is up!

Reply #268079 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

best of luck to Ballsy, my only hope is that he doesnt get injured over there (wasnt his back a problem only a few games before the end of season)anyway all the best im sure he'll do well an cant wait to see him shoot the lights out again next season for the 6ers

Reply #268080 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Yes, another one not available for High Stakes Hoops. The dream lives on - still could get a call-up.

Reply #268086 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

That was quick work from Ballinger. He went from not having heard anything for the off season on Saturday night at 10.30pm to leaving the country this morning.

Reply #268092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dare say the reason this was announced the day after the season finished was due to his 36ers commitments.

Reply #268106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754