Anonymous
Years ago

SAC teams named

SAC country 18's named on website. any surprises?

Topic #22345 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

No surprises. Great to see some lads make it in the boys side that have just missed in the past. May lack a bit in size but have some very good smart players with big hearts. Good luck to all. Good coaches as well. Will play as a team no doubt about that.

Reply #268109 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have to agree no real suprises, could have maybe taken an extra tall player. However I am sure the team will go well, good luck.

Reply #268117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the girls will do well, got some talent in that group

Reply #268137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls have had the same group of names for sometime but they have underperformed consistently raising some questions. With several members in the U17 national side and AIS, it will be a guide to Australia's chances in those World's as anything other than Gold in the Nationals means they have chosen the wrong horses.

Reply #268141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all the girls were presumed to get in. accept one girl a definate surprise. but i guess its where your from these days. mens team is looking good quiet alot of eastern players in both teams.

Reply #268212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls team very good. All players played at the Nationals last year apart from one who is in the Australian U/17 team. Good spread of size, talent & experience. SP & his assistants will be under the pump to come home with a medal.

When do Metro name their team?

Reply #268227 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Metro girls to name team after weekend of 27-28th feb. Mind you this could change one can never be certain.

Reply #268300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why so late? Surley the coaches would have an idea when you take in SASI training (Metro state training anyway) & their club games every week.

Country are already into their preperation with their final team, why are we so far behind?

Reply #268318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not behind, just have different timelines

Reply #268333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It did go on way past the time they had to notify BA last year which was puzzling but I'm sure there's method to their madness

Reply #268335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No you are wrong ,they told BA right on time last year and they will again this year

Reply #268365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metro keep a lager squad for longer for training purposes only, they know who they are going to take but they keep the other players training so they have more players to train with and against.

Reply #268402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they told BA on time but kept the girls in the dark past that cut off time.

Reply #268405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know who has been named in the metro 18 girls, and how did the sac girls go today with their trial games?

Reply #269403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sac played who?

Reply #269405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville and then southern tigers I think.

Reply #269409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Girls beat Woodville quite easily by around 30, after a slow start. They then had two hours to get up to Morphett Vale to play Southern, losing a close one 73-81 after being up most of the first half. Fatigue & heat finally catching up with the team who are down two girls due to injury. They have another game first thing tomorrow morning to finish out their weekend.

Reply #269419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What woodville team did they play?

Reply #269421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the girls played the aba teams, Talbot apparently has ankle problems and Corrigan sick.

Reply #269444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing Wodville 16/1 boys this morning. Tough weekend for the girls.

Reply #269452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville ABA went down to an 18's side?

Reply #269467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sure did.

Reply #269472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Woodville humiliate themselves and their players by playing such a game and why would SAC play against such a weak team? It's a lose-lose situation for both because a thirty point drubbing is not a game.

Reply #269486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#486 Why is it lose, lose. I didn't think there were premiership points, or Nationals placing’s up for grabs. As a spectator, Woodville had a couple of players missing (as did SAC through injury). Woodville are in their ABL pre-season & SAC their Nationals preparation. With the tougher game (Southern)commencing only a couple of hours after they finished playing Woodville, my understanding was that the SAC coach (SP) was trying to simulate a doubleheader that you would encounter at a nationals.

Being a parent of one of the SAC girls, I think both clubs (Woodville & Southern) were great in their support of our junior players. This was more like a win/win in my opinion.

Reply #269489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

489. You fine tune for Nats by competing against teams who stretch you and beating Woodville women by 30 without 2 of your main players hardly meets the criteria. Being flogged by SAC 18's does Woodville no good and even less good for SAC. Being stretched by southern improves both.

Reply #269509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as far as i know, invitations were sent out to all ABL clubs. Woodville were first to reply. im sure that SAC werent going to knock it back. remember it was a trial game. a good chance to see whether systems worked especially with a girl home from the tute coming home for the 1 and only time. Any hit out has to be better than 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 with a reserve scrimage.

Reply #269512 | Report this post

WDBC  
Years ago

The Haters are at it each opportunity that they can get. Your negative perspective on certain clubs and individuals is becoming very tedious.

Woodville women had a few senior players missing and some talented younger players as well. None of WDBC tall players played and the team consisted of guards who kept with the SAC team for 2 quarters. The SAC height and athleticism wore down the team of guards and small forwards.

SAC are extremely talented and athletic and have the added advantage of playing tall players in just about every position.

Anyhow no need to further justify WDBC women wanting to have a pre season game to people like anonymous 269486 it would just be nice to get a rest from the haters.

Reply #269522 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I seen the game and as WDBC stated, it wasn't the ABA side by any stretch of the imagination...Certainly pleny of the players in there, but there was a lack of height...No doubt...

They looked OK for the first half too. SA Country played cosistent and for the duration of the game..

I think it is good that Woodville were able to help out the SA Country coach and his team..

Well done..

Reply #269529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much energy wasted on the why's and the what for's. It was a trial game weekend and unlike the metro girls, the country girls don't get enough opportunities to play together before they head off to nationals. Not having a go at the metro girls at all, it is just the way it is when you have players coming from all over the state. It was a training exercise and thank you to woodville and southern for giving the girls the chance to play as a team instead of just the usual training.

Reply #269531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the girls team should do very well but the boys team will not with there best player not going

Reply #312895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754