Doube Clutch
Years ago

Double Clutch's What's Hot/What's Not

Hot:

• Julie, always the gorgeous Summerton
  • The Difference becoming angry
  • Brad Davis...the dude still has a lot of game and plays an exciting style of ball, check out an Eastern game now
  • Check out Bungey while you're at it...dude has game and can trash talk, good to see
  • The slipnuts on Late Night with Conan
  • Oscar's tip-dunk
  • "One night in Paris" DVD...the commentry is hilarious
  • The Difference's middle finger...I think the Eastern supporters got a look at it
  • Bungey trash-talking The difference...I thought I heard "freak" said in there somewhere
  • Paul Bauer...he still can play...weird seeing him without Jason Williams out there

Not:
  • The Australian flag being the wrong way around at Sturt...so I'm told
  • The national athem, do we really need it at ABL level? Can't we just assume the 200 people in the house are patriotic and leave the song alone?
  • Players grabbing opposing player's family jewels
  • Nailing in floorboards during the national anthem
  • Club 33 looking shut down...anyone been lately to know what's going on?
  • Fred Durst "home videos"
  • Turning 28.

Find of the week:Some noise at a Sturt game...by the Eastern supporters of course. The "Gower's a wanker" chant was good.

Flop of the week:Darren Ng's shooting...3 of 17 shooting...hopefully he had a shower as last night he STUNK!

Celebrity sightings:

TR  
Years ago

Double Clutch... like hell you watched the One Night in Paris for the commentry. Good flick but....

Reply #25219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah what was with the Eastern supporters on Sat night? Some of the stuff they were saying went way beyond just supporting their team - keep your vocals clean or don't say anything at all...

Reply #25363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people complaining about eastern fans now

yet when woodvilel fans complained about their redneck behaviour at the grand final they were howled down

Reply #25714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gower has some serious issues with his attitude and needs to seek some help. He deserved everything the Eastern fans threw at him.

Clean up your act Gower, currently you are bad for the sport.

Reply #25735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can you say gower is bad for the support?

Basketball is all about getting fired up - we're all taught from knee high to play agressively, take it strong to the basket and above all show some attitude! That's all he is doing out there!

What is bad for the support is people sitting on the sidelines yelling abuse at people they don't even know...sure go ahead and support your team - positive encouragement - heck even constructive criticism! But sitting there and yelling out that someones a "wanker" (among other things) is just embarassing not only for your club but the people who are doing the name-calling themselves.

I was there at the eastern - sturt game last week and watching those people yell out and visciously attach gower on a personal level was somewhere between comical and damn right ashaming (on behalf of all in the crowd) to watch.

Reply #26306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

* attack

Reply #26307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754