GS
Years ago

Sports Tonight: The Sydney Kings are back

Channel 10/Sports tonight revealed today KINGS are back? Who is this Lazarus chap who seems to be leading the ownership consortium?

Topic #22407 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

' You have to have $3 or 4 million each year to keep a team going. ' - He mentioned (on Tensports - in terms of how long he could do it for.)

Reply #269003 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

I couldn't find any other information on this, anyone know what the deal is?

Reply #269012 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Good to see, but I hope they have the 30 to 40 Million to keep the team going...

I'm sure they do as that is part of the entry requirements...

Will be good to see the crowds, compared to the rest of the leagues..

Reply #269013 | Report this post

Fred hollows  
Years ago

Hope they do come bak! always went for them, untill they left now im a sixers man!

Who cares about money they'll find sponsors!!

Reply #269016 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

larry Sengstock said that he didn't realise just how big the market is and how much people missed it when it wasn't there. If they can get it going successfully there, it will also help the other teams.

Reply #269017 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I think they would have still been around if they had been regulated as the other teams are now...

I know Tim whoever went broke, but if it wasn't for all the overheads, extra payments they would have been affordable...

Glad to see and I hope Brisbane have an announcement soon too...

Reply #269024 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I guess it's better to have a team with fair weather fans than no team and no fans at all.

Reply #269029 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

how long till they rort the salary cap.......AGAIN

Reply #269042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a matter of time

Reply #269044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or mismanage the money on the inside then end up broke.
They will have to get a big broom and sweep out all the previous folk in bball there who will want back in and get in new blood with their heads screwed on right.

Reply #269049 | Report this post

Oberon 99  
Years ago

Lazarus looks to be former owner with (the late) Mike Wrublewski...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ex-sydney-kings-chairman-mike-wrublewski-dies/story-e6frexni-1225767340015

Reply #269050 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Any news on where they'll play home games?

Reply #269055 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

With a bit of luck a venue that will look great with 3 or 4K in there, but capacity of 10K...

that will be awesome...I hope it works for them and they stick to only 1 team in Sydney...

Reply #269056 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

SEC is apparently where the team will play out of once again.

Good news for basketball in Oz. Here's hoping a Brisbane team and a 2nd Melbourne team are back in by the followings eason as well.

Reply #269057 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Nice to see the Kings back,cant understand why they didnt get better crowds though.
Sure Gorj's teams might not have been the best to watch then ,but the SEC location seems ideal for people looking for something to do after dinner or visiting the nearby attractions.

Reply #269068 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

if this is correct, that would almost guarantee a brisbane team back to the comp. Suddenly, the nbl has been transformed back to its hay day. I dont hold my breathe as media like to blow things right out of proportion

Reply #269076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney this year, Brisbane will be the year after. 8 team comp, Sydney will come at the expense of another team, easy enough to guess as who.

Reply #269087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane taking 3 years to come back is just vomit.
A change of the people in charge of the project in failing to secure interest and finance that other teams like Syd can, is the only way to get it done.

Too many excuses from the same people for too long- it is not good enough if they are unable to excite interested parties enough to believe in its viability.

Reply #269093 | Report this post

Love em  
Years ago

It would be good if Sydney kings are back. You always need a team you love TO HATE!

Reply #269177 | Report this post

delmoss11  
Years ago

Not quite back by a long way I reckon......

Check our CEO comments @ www.nbl.com.au

Reply #269223 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

delmoss, I think those comments were rushed through as a reaction to the HSH press releases and are also softening public reaction ahead of probable removal of the Taipans.

Reply #269249 | Report this post

katelyn  
Years ago

i like the syd kings there the best team

Reply #291921 | Report this post

I am huge fan of Sydney Kings.....i am sure they do great in the next NFL

Reply #300092 | Report this post

chicka  
Years ago

Why is there so much media attention on this green fight he is fighting an old man 43 year old man.I have been in boxing 33 years an green has fought has been and has been pulling blokes out of retirement since coming back remember paul briggs that fight was a joke he new briggs had problems and still fought him.he won his first world tittle which he paid for and then retired instead of fight a young american in his prime he is a joke.he has got world tittle which means nothing in the sport of boxing and wont bring anyone down here in the top ten in his weight he has not fought a top ten fighter since coming back do a bit of research have a look on the boxing wep if you dont think im telling the truth green is a joke of the sport the world thinks we are a joke they class as as the little germany i now i just come back from the usa talking to fighters and trainers over there come on you bloke lets get back in the real world not bullshit thats you's have got on boxing we will never have a real top fighter if we keep on with the shit we carry on with blokes fighting old men and has been and we think it ok and say nothing yous bag mundine but he has beat daniel geal who won a real world title and green should have lost his last fight but got a decision because he was in Western australia australia little mini germany

Reply #318489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754