Isaac
Years ago

Blaze off-season reviews

Found this article, Blaze clear air with honest assessment, about the Gold Coast Blaze off-season player-coach reviews.

One particular line was a bit juicier than the rest:

Could be a very interesting time, especially considering the rumours which have a number of the big names exiting -- some voluntarily, others being pushed.
Anyone heard the rumours or care to speculate?

Even accounting for local bias, are there any big names outside of Harvey, Gibson, Cameron and maybe the imports? I figure Pero might move on or lose out to Vukona and Petrie. And a few have wondered if Harvey is perfectly happy with the opportunities he's getting. I imagine that Bradshaw may not be a required player for 2010/11?

Topic #22437 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Harvey back to Perth?

Reply #269535 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

beveridge wouldnt touch harvey with a ten foot pole !!

Reply #269538 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

This article only highlights the flawed coaching of Joey Wright.

"Wright will outline what he liked and didn't like about each player's performance this season. He will also tell the player whether he is required for next season.

However the `honest' discussion will flow both ways."

As a coach wouldnt you be having weekly meetings with your players outlining areas that require development. They fact its at the end of the year is crazy.

It would be like anyone going to the employment review and your boss brings up things you did on jan 8th (start of the year)etc. This article identifies how crap joey is as a coach.

Reply #269539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He improved on joyce big time so must say great things about brendan!!

Reply #269548 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Every sports team has an end of season review. That doesn't mean that they don't address issues during the season.

Reply #269551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to speculate on what we've heard here but won't for fear of getting slammed.

Reply #269567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The scorecards are already up though but yet to see who gets offered a deal and who doesn't:
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/03/01/193651_gold-coast-blaze.html

Reply #269568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But how could Harvey not be happy with the opportunities he's getting when he's now come out with this hip injury?
The opportunities he got would have been based on what his body could cope with and still managed to perform ok with that, they're not going to play him 40 minutes when he's had an injury all season?
I don't see him going anywhere but I have to disagree that he said he has another few more seasons in him I'd give it one or two.

Reply #269580 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

There's quite a few Blaze players that should interest the Sixers if any of them are thinking of leaving. If there was ANY chance of snatching Goulding, Petrie, Gibson or Ubaka that'd be great!

Can't see it happening though. Harvey's probably the most likely possibility, if the Blaze think Goulding is ready to start at SG. I'd look at Harvey on a one year deal for the Sixers if he became available. Would be a good experienced guy to help Balls and Burston get the Sixers back on track next season.

Alternatively, if Harvey were to head back to Perth as suggested, the Sixers could target Weigh! No? Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

Reply #269645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth doesn't want Harvey. We'll keep Weigh thanks

Reply #269659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754