ITK
Years ago

BSA and Div 3 Grand Finals - Care factor 0

Div 3 Men's Grand Final played last night at Pasadena.
No ackowledgement by BSA to the teams.
No medals, representation, nothing.
Social teams even get a pizza and wine glass.
Thought it was very poor!
How many other age groups did this happen to?

Topic #22441 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both North and South pools for div 3 men were the same, one pool in the north didnt play finals. Was an interesting experiment by BSA but i am not sure that it was successful. In the north pools they played 5 rounds, one pool having 4 teams and one having 6. the top pool consisted of 6 teams which played in a round robin format and no finals. the bottom pool played 3 regular rounds against each team with semis of 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3 and both winners playing in the GF and two loser playing consolation game. This allowed them to relegate bottom two teams from top pool and introduce the top two teams from the bottom pool to the top.

This method was an interesting one but the point of no finals is still a downer on the season.

Reply #269596 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

BSA is only interested in ur money and that's it.

Reply #269598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We seemed to play the same few teams all the time.

By now I'd like to know how we compared to the teams in other pools.

I also thought it very poor that BSA didn't acknowledge the grand finalists at all!

Reply #269616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does the winter season start?

Reply #269619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't play Div 3 but with the current structure it would have made up my mind to give the game away - no finals and playing the same teams most of the time if you don't move up or down. BORING!!!

Reply #269628 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah we were in group B with 4 teams, basically just kept playing the same teams.

Was a poor system as North almost made the grand final without winning a game before that (e.g. 1 vs 4 game).

Yes, no acknowledgement that it was a final at all from BASA. Some guys in our team didn't even know we played a Semi the week before.

Reply #269639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For winter, it would be good to have two pools of 9 teams:

Pool 1: Top 5 teams of North pools and top 4 teams of South pools

Pool 2: Bottom 5 teams of North pools and bottom 4 teams of South pools

We'd travel more, but the extra teams and better competition would be worth it.

Reply #269647 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

what do BSA actually charge? Like what does it actually cost to play a six month season of basketball - rego, game fees etc?

Reply #269649 | Report this post

Years ago

good point re what social teams get and what district teams get - must be some aknowledgement to support some sort of structure.

needs to be sorted

Reply #269668 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754