Isaac
Years ago

Grand Final: Cats vs Hawks - your tips?

Who's going to win the series?

Topic #22448 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

the big question is....perth, having not played for a while,can the gongers sneak in and pinch game one in perth??

the gongers gaurds are going to be under the pump from wo to go,if they can limit their t/o's they have a slight chance.
if not,it will be a long night/series for them.

saville is the key to this series,if he can average 20/10 they are in it.

Reply #269698 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The romantics will be going for the Hawks. A team who were on the brink, did a Lazarus and came back from the dead, cheap roster, boys from a hard working steel town down on their luck. Rich sugar daddy offering bonus payments if they win the flag. Story straight from Disney.

Look to the west to see a team ready to become the most successful team in NBL history and relegate the Sixers to 2nd best in a year where the Sixers wasted their opportunities and finished with the wooden spoon. That would be the icing on the cake for the Sixers. Salt in the wounds type of stuff.

This is a bit like a Centrals-Sturt ABL Grand Final. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. If your heart wasn't going Centrals (and you weren't a Sturt fan) you'ld be the sort of person who pulls the wings off of flies and calls them "walks".

While I, and possibly 90% of people, would like to see the Hawks win, I think the "evil pussycats" from the west will get the flag and nudge the Sixers to become the most successful franchise in the NBL.

Fly high you Hawkies!!

Reply #269700 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Perth lost to Cairns by 3 (in Cairns) after an 11 day break, without Marto, but have had 3 solid wins at home after 8 day breaks (Adelaide by 30, Melbourne by 3 and NZ by 20).

I'm not reading too much in to the long break. 6 days vs 11 days - not really going to have a great effect. 3 days vs 11 day? Possibly, but I think it's just a reason/excuse people will give if the Hawks upset the Cats in Game 1.

Reply #269702 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Heart wants the Hawks to win, but the head says the Wildcats get it done in straight sets.

Reply #269707 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wildcats in 2 games

Reply #269713 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Wildcats in Three, the crowd will get them over the line, they have too much depth and Talent!

Reply #269726 | Report this post

rooboy1982  
Years ago

As a Cats fan lving in perth i hope that we win 2-1, is it wrong that if we win game 1 that i will be deep down hopping that the hawks take out game 2 to force the decider and risk losing game three in perth, there would be nothing better than seeing the Cats bring home the gold in front of 4800 screaming Cats fans. I just hate seeing a team celebrating a grand final win in front of an empty stadium it just dosnt look right.

Lets go Cats

oh hey dose anyone know were you can download a teams song in this case the wildcats, will be watching game 2 and would love to crank it we win anyone know any links ?

Reply #269738 | Report this post

Marlo Stansfield  
Years ago

What time is Game one on telly S.A time?

I can't work it out winding my watch back 50 years and all....

Reply #269739 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

my heart is goin for the Hawks but my head if goin for the Cats, im pretty sure most people are the same

Reply #269740 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Sav needs to turn up away. Sometimes he looks disinterested. Gordie vs Bevo. Both had great years but i think Bevo has more stock. Shame Ty Mckee went down - that would make it very even.

Reply #269744 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

HAWKS!

They are the cinderella/Hoosier/Bradbury team of the NBL and if they win will look forward to a Movie being made.
My pick is Gary Sweet to play Gordie.

Reply #269781 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Perth to win 2-1 with all home games won and Lisch to be MVP of final series.

Reply #269835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754