aa
Years ago

morphett vale canteen

we have heard some bad things about the canteen, eg:
the food is not that good and no coffee. we cant say to much as we have not been down there yet, but we heard that the lady who used to be in there is not doing it any more what a bummer she was good and really nice.hope they get there act together soon.

Topic #22456 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I have heard some bad things about you, e.g. your brain would make a grain of sand look large and ungainly, and you're as useful as a catflap in an elephant house (thanks Blackadder). I can't say too much though as I've not even met you yet. Hope you get your act together soon.

Could you actually visit the canteen yourself, lodge your concerns with them directly, or leave the complaints to the people who have actually tried the food and noticed the lack of coffee?

Reply #269783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Legally questionable.)

Reply #269786 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

So someone hasn't visited the canteen to see what it's like but they know the lady who used to "do" it was good?

Reply #269789 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Hmmmm????

Nice post old canteen lady

Reply #269802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To FM, please get your facts right before you make any comments.

Reply #269814 | Report this post

tipo  
Years ago

worst thread ever?

Reply #269817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

tipo, close to it.

FM, I think it's more likely to be friends of outgoing individual. Either way, there are better ways to handle this as I suggested further up.

Reply #269819 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

aa-- Just wondering how your mum is going and what she is doing with her spare time now?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and they were still setting up the canteen, but I missed the old lady

Reply #269820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

of bigger concerned I have heard a rumour that North Adelaide in their wisdom have decided not to run their canteen on a ABA nights as it is too stressful, everyone will have to bring their own supplies

Reply #269822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about we actually thank these canteen volunteers for their work as most of them dont get paid, or very little, with the money going to the club instead. How about if the canteens were closed? I'm sure then some people would have something legitimate to shit on about. And before some keyboard warrior suggests it, I don't work in a canteen nor am I related or friends with anyone who does, just don't see the point of people complaining about not getting cafe quality food from a basketball stadium, unless it's starplex, your outta luck.

Reply #269823 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

" Hey there Boo Boo, what's that in your picinic basket?"
"Just my 1/2 time sandwich and slushy Yogi"

Reply #269833 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

Canteen is fine, I purchased a 600ml Coke from MVale two weeks ago and it tasted just the same as it used to, if not better

Reply #269846 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good to hear, Clem. A rating out of five for the transaction and product received?

Reply #269866 | Report this post

barny  
Years ago

5 buck beam and coke cans at morphett vales new bar, bring on ABA season i will be the drunk one

Reply #269874 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Why was my "disgusting" comment deleted? Surely a thread as moronic as this deserves moronic replies.

Reply #269876 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just stay out of it.

Reply #269888 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Sorry, mate. Just let me which active threads I'm not allowed to participate in.

Reply #269892 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

While we're on the topic, what's the deal with changing the brands of the red frogs in the Mt Gambier canteen.
They're all soft and tasteless, surely we can get a major thread up about that miscarriage of justice!

Reply #269900 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posting incorrect info only likely to waylay an already struggling thread is my beef.

Reply #269902 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cant even get a red frog at Wayville - green frogs on the menu and no red straps/twisters either - poor, very poor

Reply #269928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shes a crazy lady she ran on the court telling us all to get out the f%^#ing stadium. scum

Reply #269946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last time I played at MV (in Feb) there was no canteen. On a 35 degree day you could get about 4 bottles of very hot water at the door when you went in. Good to hear that the canteen is back.

Really who eats from a canteen apart from water and of course the sugar hit of lollies?

Reply #270020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754