George
Years ago

Be part of the solution rather than part of the problem

Womens final in 2 days time and 9 of the last 10 threads are related to womens basketball in Adelaide.

If this forum is nothing but crap talk about the on goings of basketball in a 'piss ant town' like Adelaide, then all you inbreds can stick it.

(Mod: Topic title updated.)

Topic #22458 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you used to run the canteen at morphet vale?

Reply #269826 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

surname Costanza?

Reply #269827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ah, the old 'whinge about the content of the forum but not actually create any of the content noted as lacking'. One of my favourites!

If you want to see discussion about the WNBL (I assume that's what you're referencing), then create a thread.

Reply #269828 | Report this post

most hated  
Years ago

(Mod: Julius Hodge, go away.)

Reply #269829 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Isnt this an Adelaide forum....I mean maybe they should make one for their teams and talk about us on them?

Reply #269832 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

George, which part are you? The problem or the solution? You've demonstrated being part of the problem by having a whinge instead of part of the solution by starting a thread of your choice and inviting comments. If you think that Adelaide is a pissant town, then you might like to think twice about coming onto an Adelaide based forum.

Reply #269834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius Hodge, go away??

Reply #269840 | Report this post

watched the final on abc last weekend and some of the girls seemed more worried about getting down to oxford st post game saturday night for the festivities ..... P

seriously though sydney did well to challenge canberra - but my money on bulleen

Reply #269844 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

"strap ons all round"... Dalton is the only coach who's tipped Canberra???? Sour grapes over Tom Maher's comments after Bulleen gave Sydney a shalacking.

On paper it looks close, but on form its Bulleen by 10-15 points.

Not sure Jackson has it in her to take the whole of Bulleen on for 4 quarters - we haven't seen it in her this entire season but would be fitting for her to pull it off in the final.

My 2c - Bulleen to win easy. If they Caps are smart they'll concede they can't defend Bulleen in the paint - Bulleen's weakness (if they have one) is at the guard. Milner isn't a great 3 point shooter, is small, and can't create anything offensively in the half-court set. Sag off Milner, really clog up the middle (ala Wollongong vs Homicide Williams) , and make it clear she needs to score 20 if Bulleen are to win.

Reply #269853 | Report this post

bulleen by 4 - jackson with 30+ & 15 can't have 2 off weeks in a row - bibby with 15 pts - but bulleen too many options.

coaching will break even

camabge with 10 & 10
o'hea with 14 & 6 & 4

bishop 10 & 10

milner will not have 2 off weeks as well

Reply #269854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skud, it's Adelaide-based with a big focus on Adelaide but I'm happy to have interstate fans on here (e.g., we have some good Perth and NZ fans amongst others) when they're not tools.

Anon, Julius Hodge often posts quite offensive junk on here, impersonating others, etc. Would be great if the Adelaide fans forgot all about him and he forgot about Adelaide.

Reply #269864 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Isaac - I'm going to need irrefutable proof that the aforementioned actually possesses a vague enough understanding of IT systems to able to power on and use a computer without assistance and/or has a vaguely comprehensible enough grasp of the English language to be able to communicate with users that have attained a year 3 education or above.

We've all seen the FB posts - I could hand a mildly retarded meth addicted chimp a typewriter and expect a more articulate result.

And now back to the WNBL.

Reply #269872 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Loco, see my sentence starting "Would be great if..."

Reply #269873 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Perth-based tools? Which ones are.....oh, never mind.

Reply #269877 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Isaac - I know, I shouldn't bite anyway.

Reply #269878 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

George, you aren't giving Milner enough credit! The only reason her 3pt percentage is low is because she's the one who has to chuck it up at the end of a bad posession when the shot clock is low. If you sag off her she'll have 20 points before you can blink.

Reply #269904 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Astor - chuck it up??? Have you seen how long it takes her to release the ball?

You'll recall I said Milner is the weak link in terms of offense. The Caps have the option of letting Cambage, Penaluna, O'Hea, or Zavecz do their thing in the paint and lose (Bulleen have relied on all of them to win 19 out of 20). Put the pressure back on Milner - she's the one flying under the radar this season.

Reply #269925 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

You've got me there; she is the weakest offensive weapon in their starting lineup, it'd make most sense to heap the pressure on her shoulders.

But Canberra are going to have to do something mighty to get Bulleen out of their structure and get the pressure on Milner... Bulleen are easily the best drilled team in the league and I'm not sure Canberra has got the skill-set to prevent the likes of O'Hea, Zavecs, Cambage and Penaluna from doing what they want in offence!

Reply #269930 | Report this post

mayhem  
Years ago

Well they haven't yet! Go Boooooommmers!!

Reply #269940 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Caps win in one of the best games of wnbl basketball I've ever seen (over 20+ years of watching)

The Caps deserved the win - their heart and determination in the 4th was far greater than Bulleen's - the Caps were able to dominate the boards (similar to last years Grand Final - Tolo doing a monster job on Cambage in the last quarter).

Both teams seemed to rely on a host of players across different spurts. Bishop & Tolo were awesome in the 4th, Jakcson in the 3rd, Hurst in the 1st.

For Bulleen O'Hea was just phenomonal over the entire game, Cambage had a sensational 1st, while Milner was solid throughtout.

Reply #269948 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Fantastic match. Being a Bulleen fan, very sad that they shut down offensively in the 4th quarter. That being said, Canberra just played flawless red-time basketball. One of the turning points IMO was when Tolo utterly rejected Cambage about 4 times in a row during a stretch of play. That was 4 times that Bulleen went down their end and failed to get a score, and that's where Canberra really rallied and took hold.

Oh, and O'Hea is an utter champion.

Reply #269951 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Forgot to mention - the quality of basketball played in today's final was phenominal. Compared to last years grand final (same 2 teams competing) - both the Caps and Boomers have improved 10 fold, an amazing feat and great news for the WNBL and Womens national Team.

Astor - that series of plays with Cambage in the block v Tolo in the 4th was the turning point. Cambage's inexperience caused her to spin to the base every one of those plays where Tolo was able to set herself, take the Cambage contact, and block her shot.

Cambage not working that out after the 1st attempt (and then going again 3 more times for the same result) was costly.

Bulleen gave away too many second chances, poor rebounding, and silly turnovers in the backcourt after securing rebounds.

Tom Maher will be absolutely fuming right now for the number of brain failures Bulleen had in the 4th.

Reply #269961 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That was the best, repeat.. BEST game of womens basketball I've seen.

Cambage.... got stuffed by Tolo about 4 times in the last quarter. The Caps really clamped down in the post.

I think Cambage is a great Australian based talent, but just too slow in mix it up in the WNBL. She'll find a roster spot over there due to her size, but she'll develop splinters. She's good enough to hold Jackson's jockstrap whenever she pleases.

O'Hea was the standout in the game.

If not O'Hea, I thought Natty should of gotten GF MVP. She kept the Caps in the hunt during the 1st half.

Reply #270025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754