rooboy1982
Years ago

NBL Grand Final, Game 2

After being at game 1 cant see this game being anthing but close , I think a few things might change Saville and Camble to have better games I think the Hawks will control the tempo of the game just like Gold Coast did in game 2 against the Cats in the semi. It will just be weather the Cats can hit there big shots against the flow to keep them close and then use there depth and experiance to close out the game in the last quarter.

Cats need more help on the offence from Weigh and Cat cause i recon Redage and Lisch will have there hands full in this one, Big Red must have more of an inpact on the boards and on the score sheet.

But in the end I recon it will be a high scoring thriller I think the cats will go for a shoot out they will try and hit there big shots and try to rap up the series but i think there defence might suffer a bit on the raod im going for

Hawks 95 -90 to force the decider back in Perth

Topic #22490 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Reply #270124 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Go the Hawks

Reply #270131 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would like to see the game won by the Hawks to force a decider.

Cats staying at the Novatel? Send in the drummers like the South Americans did to the socceroos a couple of years back.

BTW, for those familiar with the 'Gong, the "table of knowledge" was just across the road

Reply #270137 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Table still there...

just not so much knowledge these days...

Reply #270154 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Hawks to get the W tonight Davidson & Saville will play better games tonight!

Reply #270159 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Would love the Hawks to get the win, their fans deserve it after years of financial turbulence and playing teams that rorted the salary cap.

Will need Trigger to have a blinder, he wasn't much chop in game 1.

Hopefully Perth and particuarly D-Lish don't get into an early rhythm offensively.

If the HAwks can slow them down: Hawks 75 - Perth 71

Reply #270163 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Would love the Hawks to get the win, their fans deserve it after years of financial turbulence and playing teams that rorted the salary cap.

Will need Trigger to have a blinder, he wasn't much chop in game 1.

Hopefully Perth and particuarly D-Lish don't get into an early rhythm offensively.

If the HAwks can slow them down: Hawks 75 - Perth 71

Reply #270164 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also would love for thre Hawks to win, however I think the Cats will notch up a 2-0 sweep and grand final win.

Reply #270165 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

No margin for error. Hawks have to play perfect game. TO's just killing them.
Saville and Campbell have to come up big.
They play with confidence at home so that will help, just need some luck.

Reply #270209 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

Bevo was clueless with his sub in the second half! Just because ur roster has the potential to play all 10 guys doesn't mean they should. The starters and cat shouldve played through the final quarter. Wonder If there was something in it for bevo to get to a game 3 hmmmm because he coached with no passion whatsover

Reply #270220 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

After this season ship the Big Red out of WA

That bloke has done nothing!!!

Reply #270227 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

He cant physically do anything from the bench, or without the ball in his hands. Perth have to many shoot first guys, and none of them see how they can get their stats up by passing it in to the post. Was a waste of Perth's money to sign a guy they have no clue how to utilize!

Reply #270228 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

How should they utilise him? He has zero post game, has had a case of the fumbles all year, and will not pass it himself once he gets the ball, even when double teamed.

Reply #270231 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

He has post game, he had some huge offensive nights for the 6ers. His job is to make moves, but he is usually fouled before even getting into his move. Big men dont kick it out. And the way Perth set him up down low, off a pick, it is without doubt ALWAYS very congested in there. One thing Ninnis utilized as head coach better than what Bevo has.

Reply #270240 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Great work to keep the season alive, Hawks.

Saw a quick clip on the news this morning - who was it who made that ugly unsportsmanlike foul on Saville - hip and shouldered a jump shooter - very poor effort!

Reply #270251 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

May have been Cat at the end of the game? I seem to remember he did a hard foul in the last 2 minutes.

Reply #270253 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Tripod, he needs to kick it out. If he is getting covered by his defender to the point where he either travels or throws up some shit, then what is the point of him not passing off?

Reply #270257 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Yeah it was Cat. They were done fair and square and antics like Youngs little tantrum showed they knew they were gone at 3/4 time.

The Hawks just might win this thing now.

Re the starters in the last qtr,Bevo obviously had seen enough of their useless production,didn't you?

Lisch & Redhage should of been in Vancouver as they are downhill skiers!

Reply #270258 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Different game back in Perth, but I do hope that the Hawks nab it.

Reply #270264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754