BOGEYMAN
Years ago

Andrew Bogut: An All-NBA selection this year?

He's having a very nice season and with the obvious lack of quality centers, I think he has a pretty good shot to make one of the three teams.

Obviously Dwight Howard will make it and then Bogut's chances could come down to whether or not the voters decide to vote Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudemire as forwards or centers.

Anyway, on to Bogut's numbers:

57 games
32.5 mpg
16.2 ppg
10.4 rpg - 9th
1.9 apg
2.47 bpg - 2nd
52.7 FG% (54.9 TS%)
66.0 FT%
30 double doubles - 9th

Topic #22501 | Report this topic

humpa  
Years ago

lol no.

Reply #270296 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Who you got instead humpa? 'No D' Lee? Andrea freakin Bargnani? Seriously, just piss off mate. Your trolling of all things Bogut may have been tolerated when he was still struggling a bit, but this year it's just sad.

But back on track, yeah I reckon 2nd team isn't out of the question, especially if the Bucks can end up at the 5th or 6th seed. He's improved a ridiculous amount this year, especially on D, and has become the main man on a good team.

Reply #270306 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

bogut has been very good this year and keeps improving, so he would have to be real close. He will definetly make it if he plays like he did today, for the rest of the year.

Reply #270313 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I agree 24 & he had 25 pts & 17 rebounds today in a 2 pt win over Boston. U cant not take that seriously. He should have been an all star!!

Reply #270325 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Third team....

As mentioned, all depends on what position they slot Timmy and Amare Stoudemire into.

Reply #270329 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

He deserves second team.

But he'll be lucky to get third.

Howard is the only other centre in the league who plays on that level as consistently. Bynum has flashes of greatness but hasn't matured yet; Duncan can still put numbers but he doesn't dominate games anymore. Shaq is still servicable but is years past his prime.

Reply #270330 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Bogut has carried his team to wins all year including today. Their "2nd best player" michael redd is less useful than a bobblehead atm, and he should be sacked/traded. With regards to all NBA team, i would say 3rd would be his spot unfortunately. Just wish he'd hit the 20 and 10 mark this year, but i think thats just a matter of time.

Reply #270332 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"less useful than a bobblehead atm"

Yes, season ending injuries tend to do that to you.

/facepalm

But your point (however terribly made) is valid; Bogut thrives on a team where you don't have chuckers just starving him of the ball. Jennings has that tendency but whether it's coaching or just his own will, he knows that if he's shooting badly he needs to give it up.

Reply #270337 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

He would have been an All Star certainty if the reserves were being voted on today (with Milwaukee in 5th spot in the East as opposed to languishing in the bottom half back when the teams were picked)

Reply #270339 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good call Oden08, Bogut would have had a better shot if the Bucks had been playing better in January. The big fella definitely deserves consideration for an all NBA team if he and the Bucks sustain their good form into the playoffs though.

Excellent rebounding and shot blocking, a nice arsenal of post moves and drives, improved free throw shooting, I think he has taken the most charges of any big man in the NBA this year too (something like that). The Bucks are now a good defensive team too, and Bogut is a major factor in that.

I know I'm concerned if the Celtics have to play them in the first round - I'd rather Toronto, Miami or Charlotte than them!

Reply #270346 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Only 2 players average at least 15pts, 10rebs and 2bl...
Bogut and Dwight Howard

He deserves to be one of the top 3 centres in the league!

Reply #270347 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Don't forget that since Skiles enforced the new "Pass to the Post 1st" method of plays and Bogut now gets almost 15-20 shots per game, the Bucks have been on a 10-2 run since the all-star weekend.

Essentially Dallas and Milwaukee are the two hottest teams at the moment. Boguts stats have been on par or better than Howards too.

LAST NIGHT:

25,17 & 4 for Bogut v. Celtics
22,15 & 2 for Howard v. Clippers

There's already been enough stories on the NBA.com site about how people are seeing that not choosing Bogut for the all-star games was a bad move.

Reply #270348 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut IMO is definitely in the top 2-3 centres in the NBA right now. His non-selection to the all-star game, as wrong as it is, was a direct result of where the Bucks stood at the time in the Eastern Conference.

Lots of online chatter in the states about how well Bogut is playing...I put it all down to the coach. Bogut is now the focal point for the first time in his career in the NBA and he is delivering in spades.

Reply #270351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut's numbers are, in some respects, not dissimilar to those of Howard's (Howard-lite), but a key difference comes at the FT line. Should Bogut look to get to the line more often, or is that just not his game?

Reply #270362 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Bogut's been an average FT shooter, career 60% but the last month he's shooting @ 75%.
He seems to have really turned the corner and is looking for his shot more (thanks to Skiles). His assist have gone down but its now in his head to take people in the post. The fist 3 years he looked really awkward but now he's got the best baby hook in the NBA and can get it off on most centre's. Where he was known as a flopper he is staying on his feet and getting blocks and importantly staying out of foul trouble.
Skiles has a lot to do with Boguts rise. i can't wait until Bogut starts shotting the open 12ft shot, he will become the Tim Duncan of the East.
Get on the Bogut Bandwagon!

Reply #270371 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I hope he can master the Tim Duncan bank shot. Won't be able to stop him then...

Reply #270376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Omar, more about number of FTA rather than percentage, IMO.

During the Bucks-Celtics broadcast, the (hometown?) commentators were talking him up big-time. They had one line (part of a joke) about Bogut being so good with his left-hand that many couldn't pick his handedness.

Reply #270379 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Isaac, part of the reason I think Bogut doesn't get to the line much is that he is selective of his shots. Howard IMO is a classic "power dunker", he'll dive through 2-3 defenders for a layup or dunk; and usually gets fouled in the process.

Most of Boguts shots are short range hookshots, most of which tend to angle around or away from the defender.

Bogut has that "first step" when going to the basket that seems to catch most defenders off guard. Howard (while quick) seems to be read by defenders easily when backing down or going for the drive.

While the FT% may be lower than expected and FPG may be down, I think its because Bogut plays smarter basketball. Doesn't make him better than Howard, but can explain the lack of hack attempts on Bogues.

Reply #270384 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Agreed...Bogut's game isn't barging through defenders like Howard tends to. Smarter defenders know this about Howard and it's not uncommon for him to pick up offensive fouls. Not only that, Bogut will tend to play a little further away from the basket and a lot of bigger defenders won't stray that far. If they do, Bogut has the quicker first step (as seen last night against Perkins and Wallace).

Reply #270393 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Bogut is a smart defender, especially team defense, like they way he got out to Pierce's game tying J and didn't foul. Howard blocks it into the stands where Bogut will block and gain possession.
He really has taken enormous strides this season. The last couple of seasons from January onwards he would always play much better but unfortunately the last two he also got injured.
Fingers crossed for the big fella' he stays healthy and Jennings can get back the confidence he had in his first 25 games.
There have been plenty who called Bogut a bust and you can say his first years he underperformed being a number one pick... but big guys take longer to develop. But he ain't no Bust.
Get on board the Bogut Bandwagon!

Reply #270422 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Howard is so overrated. The only reason why people love him so much is because he is ripped and he can dunk. I haven't seen much skill..

Reply #270484 | Report this post

nay99  
Years ago

For a cool article on Andrew Bogut check out Low Post News' International players week.
http://www.lowpostnews.com/bucks/the-man-from-the-land-down-under11182010/

Reply #296665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754