Omar Little
Years ago

Fear the Deer: Bucks recent games

Bucks beat Indiana. 98 - 94

The Bucks, who won their sixth straight game and 12 of their last 13 - including home wins over Cleveland (without LeBron James), Boston and Utah Jazz this past week.

Bogut with yet another solid game 17, 12, 4 ass, 3 blks and Jerry Sackhouse top scores with 20.

Topic #22529 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Can you please post these in the NBA thread please...saves new threads popping up all the time.

Reply #270732 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Awesome streak. 11-2 run for the Bucks atm, if they can win the final 4 games of the homestand, they'll be a chance at 4th if the standard of play continues for them.

Bogut maintaining his standard, which is great. Would be nice to see them get 4th at this rate and take on the Hawks in the Quarters. Get the home court advantage.

Reply #270782 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Doubtful Big Marty - the Bucks are 5 games behind Boston and 6 behind Atlanta. With only 17 games left in the regular season, they'd have to drop only about 4 games, and hope Boston and Atlanta both hit a slump.

At this stage I'd be more concerned about staying ahead of Charlotte who are also on a 6 game winning streak and only 2 games behind the Bucks; Miami on a 3 win streak and only 3 wins behind.

Reply #270793 | Report this post

tripod  
Years ago

Bucks are playing ok, but havent beaten anyone major IMO, and the Cavs without LBJ are definitely not a major threat! They will make up the numbers but good effort considering all their money is sitting on the bench with another knee recon.

Should pass the Bobcats, Gerald Wallace is out with an injury now, during a tough week and a bit for them. Having said that, they did get the Magic today!

Reply #270805 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Uh, Tripod...they beat the Celtics and the Jazz.

And if you're talking about "making up the numbers" you may aswell include the rest of the Eastern conference below them in that, because Milwaukee is better than all those teams.

Reply #270809 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

What is "the NBA thread"?

Reply #270811 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

btw, sort-of on-topic, I've traditionally been a Bogut-hater but I'm starting to come around. Especially after I saw him dunk on Glen Davis the other day, and then I found that video of him high-fiving imaginary players. Brilliant!

Reply #270812 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No one in the East wants to face the Cats in the first round. The only teams they struggle against in the East is Boston, and to a lesser degree, Atlanta. I'd love to see the Cats take on the Cavs in the first round...

Crash is only out for a week, and they just signed Larry Hughes to add some offence off the bench.

I'm very very happy with a triple big-headed monster of Ratliff/Chandler/Nazr at centre. Ratliff has been great since coming over and Chandler and Nazr are coming back from injury.

Ty Thomas has been awesome. Bulls fans must be jacked seeing how well he is going.

Bring on the playoffs......

Reply #270817 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hereschenes...this thread: http://linky.com.au/dokm2

Reply #270821 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Ta LC. Sometimes I do wish the forum used "latest action" as the default sort mode... like nearly every other forum. :) But then I guess it wouldn't be Hoops.

Reply #270830 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I agree with TR...I can see the Bobcats upsetting any of the top 4 East teams except maybe Atlanta. As for my beloved Raptors...3 weeks ago they had 5th seed all but locked up and were just 3 and half games behind Boston. Now they are likely going to miss the playoffs. I hate Hedo Turkoglu

Reply #270831 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hedo... that is a contract worthy of hate and only gets worse... I'm pretty sure Colangelo is wishing for a 'undo' button around now.

There were reports that the Portland crowd booed him everytime he touched the ball. They should of been cheering.. Bosh's comment after the game are concerning for Raps fans.

Not all is lost yet, they are still holding to the 8th seed with a game over Chicago. Seeds 5 - 8 are still pretty open, and drop the ball and you'll be out of the race pretty quickly. It would take a miracle for the Knicks, Pistons or 76ers to make any ground with 17(ish) games left.

Raps have 9 at home and 8 away. They have a pretty tough schedule. 8 of those games are against .500+ teams and four back-to-backs. First week or so of April to BRUTAL..... 5 games in 9 days including 2 back-to-backs...

The Cats have 8 away and 9 homes, but the beauty is a 5 game home stand, and it's a pretty generous home stand. Sota, Washington, Raps, 76ers and Bucks. I'd expect the Cats to go 5-0 at home. Cats have 6 back-to-backs.

I'd expect the Bucks to hold the 5th seed. 9 home and 8 away. 5 back-to-backs, but April is ugly. 6 games in 10 days, with the last 3 against Atlanta and Boston.

Miami has it easy, but one slight injury to D-Whistle and they are gone. 9 home and 8 away. 2 back-to-backs (WTF!!!) and an easier April than most (Mr Stern.......looking at you) Their 7 games in April are all against .500- teams. They only play .500+ teams on 5 occasions.

Chicago, 9 home and 8 away. 6 back-to-backs. 12 games against .500+ plus teams, and they play Jersey twice.

I think the standings won't change all that much if teams win the games they are meant to win, and can jag an extra W or 2 on the road.

Reply #270838 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Phew, you've done some research there TR. Guess you've been watching closely as a Bobcats fan?

Judging by those schedules and Chicago's injury probs, I would think the Raps might hang on. Bucks and Cats are on a roll and should finish 5 and 6 unless the wheels really fall off my Celtics... okay, the wheels are off... tail shaft through the floor perhaps?

Because I want the Bogut and the Bucks to do well and because I think the Celtics should fear them, I am actually hoping the Cats finish 5th and the Bucks 6th. I reckon Boston will end up ceding the 3 seed to the Hawks because of their head to head record.

Boston seems to have the wood on the Cats while the Bucks seem to like playing the Hawks. Of course, if the Celtics get by the Cats then they're going to get mowed down by Lebron James and the D League Allstars. Okay I'm exaggerating, but that team would be horrible without Lebron.

Reply #270846 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah Bean, it doesn't matter how well the Cats are playing, and how bad the C's are playing, every time they go to Boston the Cats walk away with their tails between the legs.

The only team I don't want the Cats to face in the 1st round is Boston.

Reply #270856 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

TR, not really suprised that Thomas is doing well, although he would be handy with Noah out, he was always going to play better for a coach like Brown compared to Dl Negro who I think he had no respect for (why would you though?).

Murray has been good, and needed with Hinrich suspended and Rose down, cannot believe how crap Law looks, what a fall!

Chicago will still be there, Noah is back soon, just need to get off this losing streak.

Reply #270870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754