Gravity Man
Years ago

Sixes new Coach-anyone have any updates??

Just wondering how the process of the Sixes new coach,soon the free agency is about to appear,and hope we have a new coach before the free agency list appears.Any news/updates??

Topic #22540 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

yep Jo Jo english has been apointed head coach with Jason Williams as his assistant,

seriously let it be played out behind closed doors we will all find out soon enough

Reply #270941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #270959 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

I heard a strong rumour that Phil has been approached to either be the new coach or work as an assistant to the new one.
Heard from a credible source too so i wouldn't rule it out completly.

Would certainly create some excitment again.

Reply #270961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good idea

Reply #270962 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Update might be something like - NBL teams announced 18/3. Free agency 1/4. Sixers coach announced 23/3.
(Sounds like it might be a final 4.)
Smyth - now there's a name ?

Reply #270964 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Are we allowed to say that name?

Reply #270972 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Phil Smyth.

Reply #270975 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Yeah, seemed to work OK for me. ;-)

Reply #270976 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Forum-wise, sure, but now you made baby Jebus cry.

Reply #270982 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I really hope we don't get Phil again. Everyone on here was calling for his head and now there's people saying it's a good idea! We fired him for a reason, it's like breaking up with the missus, dating someone else for 2 years and then going back to the ex...it just never works out! ;)

Reply #270992 | Report this post

Ben Fitzsimons  
Years ago

Just sent this release out.

The Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers have concluded their interviews for the vacant coaching role.

The 36ers board will meet tonight to discuss the applicants as well as the recommendations of the interviewing panel.

The club is keen to appoint a coach prior to free agency period commencing.

The 36ers have been overwhelmed by the caliber of local and overseas candidates that have applied for the position and look forward to making an official announcement shortly.

Reply #270993 | Report this post

Ben Fitzsimons  
Years ago

Just sent this release out.

The Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers have concluded their interviews for the vacant coaching role.

The 36ers board will meet tonight to discuss the applicants as well as the recommendations of the interviewing panel.

The club is keen to appoint a coach prior to free agency period commencing.

The 36ers have been overwhelmed by the caliber of local and overseas candidates that have applied for the position and look forward to making an official announcement shortly.

Reply #270994 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Aw man, Ben beat me to my "Check out Twitter" :p

Exciting news - can't wait.

Reply #270995 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Baby Jesus is tearing up....

Reply #270997 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

C'mon Fitz, you can tell us, we wont say anything

Reply #270998 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's Shane Heal, isn't it?

Reply #270999 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Shane Heal...Where's a razorblade!!!

Reply #271002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ian stacker, bet my left one on it

Reply #271004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just hope they don't go for the same old! same old!
Stacker
Joyce
nothing new, nothing exciting

Reply #271006 | Report this post

enonymous  
Years ago

You cant bet your left one on it as anonymous, we can't track you down when you are wrong

Reply #271009 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

There probably not in a real good spot to get too adventurous now are they?

Some unknown it wont be...they cant please everyone...

Reply #271011 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm two thirds of the way through painting my "Welcome Stcker to Adelaide!" bed sheet banner for his airport arrival - don't disappoint me now.

Reply #271015 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Surely its not Stacker with that 'triangle offence' ha ha hilarious, seriously if they are choosing btw stacker and joyce, looked at there head to head record, joyce destroys him.

Reply #271018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think the Sixers have anything to lose by trying an unknown coach.....they cant go any lower than they did this year!!

Reply #271028 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Joyce cant destroy him because he hasnt got a team.
Even if Joyce a slightly better option it is too much of a risk with his meldown at Hawks and getting the push from Blaze .
But more it is his persona that would make SOS nervous especially with any possible supporter backlash.
Up until now no real opinion on Stacker good or bad but feedback I received and from posters his knowledge of USA Basketball at all levels and of Aust. players both here and in USA college gives me confidence can put a good team together within financial limits.

Reply #271029 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Stacker coached Rose in Townsville. I'm sold.

Reply #271036 | Report this post

Sixer Balls  
Years ago

Are there any coaches available who don't have longstanding attitude problems? We'll need the club psychologist on the bench match days if we keep looking at this same old undisciplined recycled lot.

Reply #271091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marty Clark

Reply #271104 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The head to head between Stacker and Joyce isnt really relevant given only one of them is likely to be coaching in the NBL next year!

Reply #271115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754