BbAll fan
Years ago

Joyce to coach 36rs

Heard hill on a phone to bf Joyce will be announced Thursday

Topic #22547 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously any rumour has to be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed, but for those wondering about this one, please note that the post traces to Sydney. Hill may or may not have been in Sydney today. The author of the post may have been in Adelaide earlier. The author may be using a wireless card that operated through Sydney. Who knows. On this one, I'd believe it when you hear it for real or at least from a more trusted source. The one name I have heard in the last couple of days is not Joyce, FWIW.

Reply #271070 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Lets hope not, this would be an absolute tragedy for 36ers supporters.

Reply #271071 | Report this post

AIS  
Years ago

Marty Clark perhaps ...

Reply #271072 | Report this post

BbAll fan  
Years ago

Hey isacc what's your problem with me you seem to hate it when I put threads on this site that are true ,I'm happy to email you first so you can put the thread on .so you can have the glory brother

Reply #271073 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

B flat. Everybody has one UR 1

Reply #271074 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

hoochie mumma.

BbAll fan
I assume "bf" was short for "Ben Fitz" not "boyfriend".

Reply #271075 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Baby Jesus will be wailing........

Reply #271076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i for one await the announcement within the next couple of days and whoever SOS select will be with great expectations

Reply #271077 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

It better not be Joyce as that would be a disgraceful decision.

Reply #271079 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

FWIW - Ive heard Marty Clarke is the man.....

IF however Brendan gets the job I can definately see him as being a good choice - provided the nepotism issues are in the past. If you can ignore his favouritism of Daniel - his on court results have been very good and his teams have always played with passion and a hard edge.

Reply #271080 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If I wasn't so sceptical of this rumour I'd be pissed.

Reply #271082 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Marty Clarke will settle baby Jesus......

Reply #271083 | Report this post

Melba  
Years ago

Son of Joyce to be starting PG for the sixers next season. Another wooden spoon awaits

Reply #271087 | Report this post

Sixer Balls  
Years ago

Settle everyone, long way to go. I also heard someone on a phone to someone else earlier, coincidental isn't it.

Reply #271088 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

BbAll Fan - put up, or shut up. Tell us where and when you saw Hilly, and what exactly you heard him say.

Anyone can go out there with "I saw Brian Goorjian at the post office yesterday, taking a delivery of 36ers tops."

Reply #271089 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I'm keen to hear who it is..

Clarke would sit better with me, but Joyce...well, i'll still be supporting the team...

Reply #271092 | Report this post

BbAll fan  
Years ago

Maybe he said no Joyce stacker instead at board meeting now will know soon

Reply #271095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious, Marty Clarke???? WHy would he give up his very handsome Federal Govt income, house and percs he gets to coach in the NBL when he could coach in the US at D1 School.

He would be awesome though!!

Reply #271098 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

What makes you think he is on a shitload at the AIS?

Reply #271101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard that Marty will be offer the job and that he is keen to come here, also Downer or Radford will be his assistant.

Reply #271102 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

anyone but joyce, i know he has solid results but at any cost?

i think anonymous posts should be banned, if you have info stand by it and at leastt put a user name, that's my two cents worth anyways.

go sixers.

Reply #271103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shano do you think that by using a made up user name makes a post more believable..... Ok just call me know-it-all and you will know i'm right when I post something

Reply #271105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker is a done deal people

Reply #271111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think so anon 271111.... Marty Clarke has been given the job

Reply #271112 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Be interested, if it is Clarke, to see what style he plays. His U19 team last year played a very methodical, disciplined half court game.

Reply #271114 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Clarke is a great coach and I would expect him to instil a disciplined and well structured offense - something the 6ers have lacked this past season.

I find it hard to believe that Joyce would be chosen as coach.

Reply #271116 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm with X - I'd be more pissed if I put any stock in the troll jobs.

FWIW I'm not sure I'd want season tickets to a Joyce coached team - would have to think about that one. I just can't stand the low-bro, social footy coach, bogan bullsh*t.

Reply #271118 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

So were all guessing now?

Excellent...

Reply #271119 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Why would the sixers go for an unproven coach? They tried that last year with Ninnis and it failed. I agree marty clarke is a good coach, but i dont think he can cut the mustered with men! He is a junior coach. I suggest its btw stacker and joyce, but i have no idea at all to be honest and will wait and see.

Reply #271120 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Maybe Hill is from NZ and he "choice"

Reply #271121 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

said*

Reply #271122 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"They picked who? Stacker? Noice!"

Reply #271125 | Report this post

out of action  
Years ago

hi been out of the loop for a while
is Marty Clark in the running
has he applied for the job
if so this would be great for SA basketball

Reply #271129 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Marty Clarke would be good, would bring the same to the table as Bevo would have IMO.

Still would like Scotty around in some capacity though, he still has something to offer the 36ers.

Reply #271131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been told that Clarke turned the job down.

He won't be coaching the 36ers.

Reply #271132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Clarke was first approached by the panel to choose a new coach he said no because of family reasons- kids ect. but his wife came over to look around at schools and other things and they decided that they could be happy living in little old Adelaide.

He has good conection with the college scene in the USA and has a very good work ethic so hopefully he can get a good team together. Also heard that the assistant coach of Perth (not sure if it is Downer or Radford) will be his assistant.

Reply #271136 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I have been told there are WMDs in Iraq.

Reply #271137 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I am trying to have a open mind about Joyce but still find it hard to believe SOS would go this way .
However if Clarke has knocked back the job then it is down to Stacker or Joyce where I think Stacker would be a better choice for SOS to get Sixers back on track.
What about the NZ and Canadian Coaches mentioned by Boti today are they not in running.
If announcement is early next week as Boti wrote then would not suprise if decision has been made or very close as like to have a couple of days to prepare for announcement.

Reply #271139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decision was made at a board meeting last night

Reply #271140 | Report this post

What dome  
Years ago

I've heard that Goorjian is out of the running because he's been head hunted for the role of head coach of the Latvian synchronised swimming team.

Reply #271141 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Loco, sensational!

I will now call you Hans Blix.

Reply #271142 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

SOS say not to SOJ.

Joyce was fired from his last two teams, surely the alarm bells have rung loud and clear.

Reply #271143 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

DB: I always pictured Hemmerling as Kim-Jong.

Reply #271146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"BbAll fan", you don't have much in the way of topic-posting history and I don't recall specific topics you may have made that should've stayed. It's possible that some might've been deleted by other moderators if they were very outlandish.

If you're as confident of this rumour as you suggest (e.g., no question mark at end of topic, no prefix of "Rumour:") then maybe post with a valid email address in the appropriate field or use your real name or a regular alias that might have a bit more credibility.

I'm not here to steal your glory. I just think that rumours need to be put forward as such or backed up.

Reply #271150 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

What? Thats not what this forum is about, hence the anon post's, changing of forum names...

Yes I'm kidding Isaac.

Reply #271153 | Report this post

taylorwalker  
Years ago

36ers lineup for next season:

head coach, brendan joyce
2nd in charge. shane heal

soj starting pg

Reply #271170 | Report this post

outside the arc  
Years ago

Brendan isn't a bad coach, his son won't be there, so he'll be able to show that. Unfortunately at his last two clubs his son seemed to cloud his judgement.

Reply #271182 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I heard Pat Riley wants to coach the sixers

Reply #271185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know who it is, but do know for a fact it's not Brendan Joyce

Reply #271193 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

geez, i dont care who coaches us as long as we win, it can be a blind camel for all i care just get the W's

Reply #271197 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

All my friends had told me - if I was with her too long - then I'd go blind.
I could coach some fairly basic stuff -
but, not as good as Marty Clarke.

Reply #271198 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

A guy who looked suspiciously similar to Ben Fitz on the tram this morning said he usually drives but forgot to fill up his car, he said his name was Jack and he just had a son. There you go people: Phil Jackson.

Discussion over.

Reply #271205 | Report this post

guesswho  
Years ago

joyc..Joyce......joyce?We talking about Joyce?? not phil or Goorj but JOYCE???(IN IVERSON'S VOICE) HAHAHAHA! i luv how u guys have gotten accustomed to the wooden spoon!? fuckin idiot south australians! AL GREEN ALL THE WAY BABY!!;) WINK, WINK..R.I.P BRETT'S CHANCES!!

Reply #271212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey guesswho, how many playoff games have you played in champ?

Reply #271214 | Report this post

Pineapple Head  
Years ago

Go suck a c0ck Hodge....

Reply #271216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, that's Hodge.

Reply #271222 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Funny shit...Guessing the announcement should be out soon?

Reply #271223 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Hillarious that he has nothing better to do with his time, than come give people shit on here.

guesswho, you playing next year? Hope so, be great to sell the dome out!

Reply #271224 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How's that NBA career going Hodge? Nets have only won 7 games and they still won't sign you!

Reply #271226 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

How many championship's did Hodge win in Australia?

Ohh you no what...Sweet fark all...

See champions find a way to win, not come close..there what I call....wannabe's...

love his parachute running in the gym..

Reply #271228 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was a song I heard , one time - " Daniel " by Elton John.
Skip could play if the Joyces come here.

It's funny how I was thinking about Hodge and Sydney, yesterday.

Reply #271229 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Seriously, they have schools in the U.S, right? I realise there are subtle difference in grammar, but they speak English as well last I heard.

I guess in the American school system they combined 3rd year English with 'Jumpshot 101' - looks like someone skipped that year.

I'm willing to bet he actually thinks he's helping basketball in Australia by 'drawing attention' etc. All I see is a small, skinny guy running his mouth that gets conveniently dragged off by bigger guys when someone asks him to back it up.

Anyway, back to the topic... c'moooon Stacker.

Reply #271230 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw -still it's good he's playing on Al Green's team.

Reply #271231 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I can't listen to this radio interview at the moment, but I was intrigued to note some of its purported contents:

Among the topics Julius Hodge discussed: .... why he's beloved in Australia;

Self-deluded/sycophant much?

Reply #271237 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Does Kool-Aid count as poison?

And hereschenes, be mindful of your target audience. Might I suggest monosyllabic retorts in future?

Reply #271238 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

An idea: the coach of the winning team in the High Stakes Hoops thingy becomes the new Sixers coach.

Reply #271239 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I think Hodge has spent the last few years building up and immunity to Kool-Aid, Loco.

Another idea - loser of the state election gets to coach the Sixers as a consolation prize?

Reply #271241 | Report this post

Mel  
Years ago

real shame that Julius has no "i'm being a cockhead" flag. just doesn't occur to him at all. classless on court, classless off court. all the more for kiki vandeweghe to read when he googles the name "julius hodge"...

Reply #271243 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd say Kiki stopped Googling that name a while ago.

Mike Rann, head coach of the Sixers. You're a sick man :p

Reply #271244 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Anyway...back on topic...

Whats going to be the overall feel from the community if Joyce or Stacker get the job? Not just the basketball heads, but people in the community who just like to watch a game or 3 and don't know or care about the other shit going on...

Reply #271246 | Report this post

SAJ  
Years ago

It has come down to Joyce or Stacker.

Stacker is asking for less money as he just wants to get back in the league at a bargain basement salary. Joyce wants the job and is asking for a fair and reasonable salary based on his record and success at getting his teams in the top 4 (time at the Hawks).

The 36ers payroll will be modest next year so they won't be out signing any big names. If you want the right man to get the most out of a list with modest ability than Joyce is your man.

Joyce's record versus Stacker is 20 wins / 7 losses. I know who I would be taking.

Reply #271248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BMF, I don't think it will make a huge splash as there's no great media story there. No returning son of the club or anything like that as with Smyth and (to a lesser extent) Ninnis.

Reply #271254 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

You could make a bit of news out of the new coach signing..

1. The Signing.
2. His track record V's those who he went up against. Generalized background on the guy.
3. His vision on what he wants, who he will be targeting.. Style of game he will be trying to play...

Now most of that could be cut into one story and be done with it, but the idea from my point of view is to get the game in the paper every day..build interest as best you can.

Reply #271257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That gets a story from the regular sources, but you need a bigger angle to get broader press. Of the four candidates, I think Clarke and Herbert could get that.

Whatever happens, none of the four are really horrific options.

Reply #271267 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I don't think the general public would care if Joyce got it. I'd say some of the seasoned fans would be opposed.

It's not Joyce's record I'm worried about - it's his disruptive nature that's seem him leave the last two clubs he upset for some reason or other. Doesn't strike me as a team player, franchise wise.

But then, that's an external view.

Reply #271270 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Surely Hodge will sign with Kings and we can unite in dislike for Goorijan, Hodge and the Kings in general-that would be a game not to miss. Hope whoever the coach is we get cracking on resigning balls, herbert, burston and ng before they become free agents and that the coach has good contacts for imports- i cant wait for next season, think we will be a big improver and with the kings back it will be an interesting season.

Reply #271280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't like these bargain/cheap signing rumours.

If you can't afford to sign players to the full salary cap, then you shouldn't be owning the club.

Yes, Wollongong have proven you can be successful on a budget, but i don't like the idea of some clubs always being successful because they can afford the salary cap while others cannot.

Reply #271282 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

My memory may have failed me but is the Hodge the former sixers import who had previously been shot?

Reply #271283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm telling you its not Stacker or Joyce that will be the sixers new coach its Clarke and it isn't at a bargain basement price.

Reply #271286 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I hope it's clarke, and I will say he will come in the low $100K mark, prob $110K to 140K...For 2 years, with an option to go for another...

actually I think any coach will be on that at the 36ers..

Reply #271288 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

If its clark I would be worries, the under 20 tram should have got a medak last championships, the guy can't coach adults, I suggest ballinger would walk as well

Reply #271291 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

the under 20 tram should have got a medak?

Reply #271294 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

LOL @ Hodge....What a punk. I cant stop laughing that a professional athlete would post that kind of stuff on a forum.

Hey Julius.....has your range hit 5 feet yet ? BAAAHAHAHA

Reply #271295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is still working on 3 feet

Reply #271296 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I'm sorry Elite did you say professional? Not really a Joyce fan just from an attitude perspective but you can't deny he does get a lot out of his teams. I like the idea of Clarke but i would not really be too upset with any of the three mentioned.

Reply #271298 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Professional in employment, not in conduct.

Reply #271300 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Can't Wait.

" It's late and I'm trying to think straight.
That's how it is, when things disintegrate.
And I don't know how much longer I can wait."
(Can't Wait by Bob Dylan)

Reply #271303 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hodge... don't you have better things to do? like sneak back to SA then pick up some of the ugliest chicks I have ever seen at Red Square, then hide behind police once your spotted?

Reply #271330 | Report this post

SAJ  
Years ago

It won't be Clarke as management want a proven performer and winner who has coached at NBL level. They took a punt on an untried coach in Ninnis and it didn't work out.
Hell, if Gordie MacLeod can get the Hawks to the Grand Final i'm sure Joyce can get the same result with a bit of tweaking to the 36ers roster.
Joyce gave Ballinger his chance in Wollongong when no one else was interested in him and allowed him to flourish into the player he is today. Ballinger would have nothing but good things to say about Joyce.

Reply #271336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Joyce had absolutely nothing to do with giving Ballinger "his chance". I remember Ballinger dropping 1 or 2 40 point games with the Victoria Giants, I believe under Mark Wright. Even back then I remember saying this guy could be a star on a good team.

Reply #271341 | Report this post

annom  
Years ago

No one wanted ballinger, joyce hired him and developed his game, you can go directly to balls and he would tell you so. If 36ers want anychance of keeping balls u would hire coach. I too suggest 36 ers can't take another chance on an unproven coach, like clark. They shoud select joyce

Reply #271343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Annom, people find it hard to take you seriously when every single post is pumping up Joyce and little else.

Reply #271447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey Ricey Ricey your full of it...LMAO!!!

Reply #271487 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

anon... would you be the person who just sent me a message on facebook all upset over my post? lol

Reply #271504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, yes and we have sorted it out now!! LOL..:)

Reply #271507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL yes and we have sorted it out now.:)

Reply #271509 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I can see why someone shot you Hodge. You think you're all that but you're just one uneducated pro basketball wanna be. Wow you were the best player of a team in the nbl but how do u suppose your going to make it anywhere without a jumpshot. Stick to the standup comedy and continue to bring fans to the Dome, because it seems to be the only thing you're good at.

Reply #271998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754