Ron T
Years ago

What's the latest on the Dome?

Are there any developements regarding the future of the stadium?
Is Ken Cole still interested?
It has all gone quiet.

Topic #22551 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Ken Cole just posted on the forum recently about it. Seems to be interested still but you wouldn't expect any serious action or changes for around six months.

Reply #271208 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ignore that. Sounds like Cole's now lost interest.

Reply #271250 | Report this post

was he actually in a position to be interested or just reliving past glories in the media? from what i heard he asked past players to pony up some cash and also thought that BASA still owned the stadium as well as the 36ers.

Reply #271252 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Trams are running from Entertainment Centre to the city from today.
(I'd guess makes it a bit harder for events like concerts at the dome - which would be needed to be profitable.)

Reply #271467 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Dome is actually worth more subdivided and sold as industrial blocks and from what I have heard, could happen.

The land is around 150 m x 185 m (2.8 Ha) and could be divided into around 40 odd 600 m2 residential blocks for around $210K each (@$350/m2), or 10 large lots @ $1M each (2,000 m2 @ $500/m2), or create a series of smaller industrial blocks (eg six) which house 6 units per block @ $500k per unit for an industrial estate.

The larger blocks would be ideal for a medium enterprise and the smaller ones ideal for a tradesman, car detailer etc

I reckon you could get the Dome for say $3M, demolish it, clean up & bulk earthworks for about $3-4M, then sell off.

Residential: $8.4M less around $8M in costs - wouldn't work
Large Blocks: $10M less around $7 in costs - $3M profit
Small Block: $18M less around $16M in costs - $2M profit

Depends if anyone wants to lend me money interest free. Some guy with a black leather jacket and writing on the back said he would with "reasonable interest rates", but wouldn't clarify what those terms would be.

Reply #271471 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Great theory Jack, but the problem is the Dome Land is in the middle of that reserve, i.e. a one metre or so perimeter around the building. The reserve owned by the council, and I doubt that they would be happy to chop it up and subdivide it, with the current controversy around St Clair happening in the same area.

Reply #271476 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gazza,
the Dome is not in the middle of the reserve. The reserve is just the western area where cars park.

A quantity surveyor has been used to do the sums at a cost to a prospective buyer of over $30K.

Reply #271554 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The adminsitrator has left the building - handing ownership back to Eddy Groves and sixers have leases with Eddy. All is good. Not sure if this in today's paper?

Reply #271885 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Jack - Not saying your wrong, but I've been told different - the ownership of the dome is the dome building only, and a small perimeter of land (i.e. a few metres) surrounding it.

Not sure who your source is, but I trust mine as having the correct info (they are paying a fair bit to rent it!)

Reply #271893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754