Screaming Eagle
Years ago

Possible imports for next season.

Thought id start a thread on possible imports for the upcoming season, maybe give the SOS a few options from fans perspectives. I feel we need a PG and a SG/SF.
My suggestions.

Sean Lampley SF: Is only 30 years old and I thought a very good player for the Tigers a few years back. Can score inside and out and the type of personality Sixers fans would like. He has played NBA for Golden State in 04, and said last season he would like to go back to the Tigers who then signed Hodge instead.

David Noel SG/SF: heard this name mentioned as a possible import a few seasons ago. He is 26 and is a human dunking machine. He played NBA for Milwaukee and is currently playing in France. Reminds me a lot of Trimmingham, but at 6'6 is has more outside game. Scouting reports say he is not great at creating his own shot, I saw him play in college a few years back and he seemed he could still score easily. Would definitely become a crowd favourite in the Dome.

Luke Jackson SG/SF: Heard this name mentioned same time as David Noel’s. He is currently 28 and playing in Italy on a 1 year deal. Can shoot the lights out, and in college left Oregon as the only player in school history to place in the top ten in nine different statistical categories. Played for a number of NBA teams and has a career NBA high of 30 pts.

Nik Caner Medley SF: College teammate of Gilchrist at Maryland. Nik is 6’8 and 26 years old with an all around game and long arms. Was picked up by Detriot as a free agent in 2006 but suffered a stress fracture in his foot. Nik was one of only five Maryland players (Walt Williams, Johnny Rhodes, Laron Profit and Terence Morris) to score over 1500 points, grab 500+ rebounds, record more than 200 assists, 100 steals, 100 3s and 50 blocks during his career at Maryland. Currently playing in Madrid.

Feel free to mention others, these are just a couple I can think of. My preference is Lampley, thinking he will be the cheapest and easiest to get.

Topic #22557 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe some of the high stakes hoops imports

Reply #271304 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

From what I have heard and seen Noel is just a dunker who can play lock D. I think we need someone with more elements to their game. I always liked Jayson Wells, but have no idea what he is doing now and we are covered at the 4.

I would like them to get someone from college or just out, a new face who teams have little scouting on.

Reply #271305 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Bobby Jones, Coby Karl, James White if we can get them.

Reply #271306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricky Jones, Sunday Adebayo, Clarence Tyson, Acie Earl, Tiny Pinder, Calvin Talford, Jim Havrilla, CJ Black, Jerome Beasley, Ontario Lett, Paris McCurdy, Todd Mundt, Donald Whiteside, Clayton Ritter, Ken McClary, Reginald Poole or Ernest Nzigamasabo.

Reply #271309 | Report this post

Handsome Lee  
Years ago

Julius Hodge

Reply #271310 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

dwayne wade, kris bosh and lebron james are all out of contract at the end of this season.... just sayn

Reply #271311 | Report this post

Screaming Eagle  
Years ago

what are peoples thoughts on Lampley?

Reply #271322 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

mike chappell?

Reply #271323 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Anyone but Hodge. We want winners please.

Hi Julius !

Reply #271326 | Report this post

Billy!!  
Years ago

Kris Bosh huh????

Reply #271337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelsey Weems

Reply #271344 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Bonzi Wells?

Reply #271371 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Antoine Walker?

Reply #271458 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

Willie Farley

Reply #271731 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Anybody but Kirk Baker(what a deadbeat he is) and dont forget Judas. May this year try a white import or perhaps someone NOT from the USA

Reply #271739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rimas Kurtinaitis it is.

Reply #271745 | Report this post

Zak  
Years ago

How bout Jerome Randle from california pac-10 player of the year

Reply #272455 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Did I understand Clarke's thought on imports correctly in that he wants to build a team of Australian players and then see where the holes are to fill with imports? Sounds logical rather than just getting any 2 imports and then trying to get the right mix around them.

Reply #272467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754