Doctor E
Years ago

Is D-Mac worth a look?

Article at the Herald Sun

It seems Copeland and D-Mac are a chance to get dumped by the Tigers.

Now I wouldn't go anywhere near Copeland but I believe D-Mac, even at 41, still has something to offer.

They have both stated that they wish to keep playing and will look elsewhere if the Tigers don't want them.

Is McDonald worth going for? In our current cost cutting climate he might be one of the more value for money players around (just a guess).

Topic #2259 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

He still has it and at the right price he'd be a valuable addition. But if it was at the expense of a younger talent, I don't know if it would be worth it.

It's funny that the article mentions it, because it'd be interesting to hire D-Mac as a starter, give him 35 MPG and see what happens. If Maher likes Turkey for longer than 3 months, and Darnell doesn't want to come to Adelaide, you could do worse than D-Mac as your starting point guard. Because he's naturalised, you'd then be able to retain Farley and Rychart.

D-Mac averaged 8, 4 and 3 in 19 MPG this season. Has never been a stellar outside shot or FT shooter, but his FG percentage is still very decent. His 2004/05 game-by-game stats.

Reply #25487 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Id be concentrating on Hill first

Reply #25489 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Time to forget about old d-mac, the new generation D-Mac is turning it up in Mount Gambier.......

Reply #25490 | Report this post

have a look  
Years ago

D-mac is the man as an Australian guard what a player to have on any roster, he brings game and experience something that the sixers could go deeper with, start him and he would bring experience to a hopefully refreshed 36'er bench, its good to bring in guys like hill, lets get rid of the same old training players that the crowd roars for when they hit a shot, dammit they should be hitting shots they play in the NBL, so yeah guys like hill whom aren't scared to shot or be creative give some new guys a chance.

Reply #25497 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

would he move his family? You could do worse, but if we got him i and no brett i would rather hill start and d-mac come off the bench. If hill is not going well d-mac could pitch hit, but you cant go wrong with getting more time and experience into hill. Actually lets get our coaching situation fixed first.

Reply #25509 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Why not Copeland off the bench, would have to learn how to cheer FOR him, but still athletic guard that has the ability to get hot, and like his emotional aspect.

Personally don't think D-Mac's style would fit Adelaide, other will disgaree but that's my opinion

Reply #25548 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Bring back Ricky Simpson , Willie Simmons and then get D-Mac ... all great players ... but doesn't everyone on this forum complain that the young guys dont step up enough? Ng bashing , Hambour disappointment ... How are these guys to get better with D-Mac taking minutes off them too? Experience is good, and he is a great player, but how about we let the kids play too ? My ball .. gimme !!

Reply #25560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754