Big Sexy
Years ago

NBL making change from Fox to One HD?

In a small blurb in Boti's regular Thursday article he mentions that NBL could possibly be on One HD next year with some games getting playing on Ten. It mentions a 5 year deal and that fox have last rights but have not stayed silent

Topic #22594 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I meant to say have stayed silent
here is a link to the article

http://linky.com.au/1ebwc

Reply #271895 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Wow, I hope this ends up happening. If its true, what a giant step forward for the league!

Between NBL on One and NBA League Pass, I doubt I'll bother with Foxtel anymore.

Great news.

Reply #271902 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting...fingers crossed for One HD - just love it!

Reply #271903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will only be better if they're showing more live games. If this deal doesn't include live games I hope it stays on fox.

Reply #271914 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

If this turns out to be true I'll be pressing the Mrs to upgrade to a digital TV

Reply #271917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is a done deal

Reply #271923 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

young gun - tell the missus that you also want to upgrade to a colour tv while your at it.

get rid of that black and white portable asap !!

Reply #271926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't have fox, so would love nbl to be shown on one hd. But...it has to be live and it has to match the quantity of fox...does anyone know the particulars of the deal?

Reply #271940 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

i live in whyalla so this news does not excite me, there goes any nbl coverage for regional areas, though i realise its great for the league and metro areas.

Reply #271951 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From a more recent Boti article:

The new TV deal for the NBL may also include provision for some matches, most likely finals, to also be shown on Channel 10.

Shano, wonder if they'd consider offering free online telecasts for those in regional areas? PS, bravo for recognising what could be best for basketball even if it doesn't suit you most. Too many people in your situation would've written "this sucks i cant get one hd!!! epic fail!!!1"

Reply #271953 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Shano all you have to do is check when digital Tv will be setup in Whyalla, it has to be in the next 2 years, unless they extended analogue signals AGAIN!

Reply #271957 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Skud, I don't think it works like that. OneHD is not broadcast outside of the metropolitan area (well not much beyond the greater area anyway). The local commercial broadcaster in the Upper Spencer Gulf is Southern Cross. The benefit will come from games shown nationally on Ten because then it is likely to be picked up by Southern Cross. Games shown on OneHD won't be. However I'm happy to be wrong.

Reply #271974 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

yea we have got digital tv but ive been told by everyone that we wont get one hd- all the more reason to get a transfer at the end of the year so I can get my season tix back and watch one hd!

Reply #271979 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

The word in country regions is that OneHD will be active in the second half of this year...

I have travelled thru Whyalla and stayed with a mate who has had OneHD going, but with the correct weather and so on...

Reply #271982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whyalla? Move to some place civilised like Elizabeth or even Port Agutta.

Reply #272001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL is officially back on FTA signing a 5 year deal with One HD and some finals games to be shown on Ten.

Reply #272002 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Link or it hasn't happened yet.

Reply #272011 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here is the article confirming the announcement will be made tomorrow: http://linky.com.au/phnyf

BASKETBALL Australia could announce as early as tomorrow a new free-to-air television deal with Network-10, ending a long association with pay-TV provider FoxSports.

Ten is believed to have offered a five-year deal on its One-HD high definition channel which FoxSports, which had last rights in its contract with BA, did not seek to match.

The move back to free-to-air television has been intertwined with the Foot Locker Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops series winning coverage with One-HD for every match of its tournament at Brett Maher Court from April 6-11.

Reply #272036 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Awesome, thanks LC =D

Reply #272074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch 10 News tonight! BTW Government is going to fill in all digital black spots before the analog switch off. It will be live and it will be back better than ever!

Reply #272078 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm excited!

PS: 7:30pm tonight is one of today's NBA games on OneHD...

Reply #272097 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBL website story: http://linky.com.au/7073v

ONE and TEN the new home of Australian basketball
Following a thrilling 2009/10 National Basketball League season that marked a renaissance for the NBL and just days after announcing the rebirth of the Sydney Kings, Basketball Australia have unveiled a new broadcast deal with Network Ten and its digital sports channel ONE.

In a move that is set to offer a wide array of commercial opportunities for the NBL, BA has signed a five-year deal to show games live on both ONE and TEN nationally through to the end of the 2014/15 NBL season.

Reply #272142 | Report this post

Moto  
Years ago

This is a huge step backwards, not forwards. At least with FOX you got to see all games, free to air dictates what you will watch and when. ONE will be showing a maximum of 2 games per weekend, this is pathetic and at this point 10 isn't showing any at all. Good move, as per usual poverty TV screws up great sports coverage.

Reply #292235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really FOX showed all games did they?

Moto you idiot.

Reply #292237 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also, according to the schedule for Rounds 1-6, they're showing 15 games in around five weeks.

Reply #292238 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Moto you clown. Fox only showed ONE game a week last year, (2 if the NZ had a home game as well). They also didnt show any games until about round 3.

This is the best coverage we have had in years and with the coverage to increase to 5 games a week over the next few years, we could be seeing nearly all the games on TV.

Reply #292241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754