BALLER#3
Years ago

High Stakes Rosters?

Has anyone heard anything lately about the rosters or any news at all?

Topic #22623 | Report this topic

smarty  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/83yr8

not sure if it will work but the web site is
http://www.highstakeshoops.com/

should give you the info needed

Reply #272340 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

this is going to FAIL... thanks to the retard who put this together... Triple M, GREAT CHOICE IN SPONSORSHIP!

Reply #272343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it will be a big success. There are some big name players who will be playing as I got inside info one one of the teams rosters. Crowds may be down due to it being during business hours, but it seems most big name players in this country will be playing.

Reply #272345 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I've got the week off that week.
Should be good.

Reply #272348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosters will be released tomorrow.

Reply #272350 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

it cant really faqil it on ONE HD so i'll be watched, i'll have to rec eachday cos i can only get there on the sunday, its a good idea an brongs something a lil different to bball, also warms up ONE HD for the next NBL season

Reply #272353 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I think it will be a (relative) success... One HD + school holidays = viewership.

It must be said though, the name is laughable. Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops. Are there any unused superlatives left?

Reply #272355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ricey , if it wasnt for the "retard" who put it together, then one HD wouldnt be involved with NBL.

Reply #272365 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Yer i think its too early to tell if its going to succeed or not.
I dont think crowds will be above 2 thousand in the regular games but on the weekend games they will grow.
Also a lot of fans would get sick of watching 4 games in a row.
Tickets are generally a good price so thats a plus and you get to choose where u sit for once.
Its on One which is the biggest Plus in my books, due to living out of Adelaide.

I think that if its going to succeed then they have done all the right things to make it succeed, should be very interesting!

Reply #272366 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

cant see any of the replies from the other thread either? and same with st clair thread

Reply #271873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Recovered some of the missing posts, but seem to have lost a few of the newer ones. Sorry! Database had corrupted.

Reply #272370 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And NBL points rankings and many others all been deleted.

Reply #272371 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yeah... so what I am hearing is because it is on TV then it succeeds... oh ok, so NBL must have been doing great for past few seasons then!

promo has been nearly nowhere other than invites to a group on facebook, not even started by the guy running it or the actual event! ticket prices are basically a joke compared to other multi day sports events, and what I mean is, less games for last 2 days yet same prices, and no packages for multi days which would have been a huge boost for the first few days!

if you are interstate and you are watching and see a stadium less than half full, would you think about making the trip to next year to see it? hell no! why, because the atmosphere will be lack luster and a complete bore!

i think it's great this is happening, especially in Adelaide, but the way it has been ran is beyond ridiculous... no marketing strategy (other than word of mouth, a piss poor website and facebook), no big media coverage, no rosters until week leading up...

Reply #272377 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They are lacking a bit of coverage outside of social media and I think they might be lucky to get 500 spectators at each game as a result. I don't want to detract from them being able to get it off the ground at all and on TV, but a largely empty stadium and no real crowd atmosphere could limit the appeal at games and on TV. Hopefully they can get some publicity amongst school kids somehow and get some ticket sales there?

Reply #272381 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Sunday will be the best turnout they get obviously... but think marketing this straight to families is a bad choice, how many 14 and under kids will be keen to sit and watch 4 straight games? and how many parents are going to want to sit there for that long too and also pay for all the food and drinks there during the time... they need commercials around the clock on Ten right now to get any buzz happening and at least get tickets sold, otherwise they will be left having to give them all out... and why did they not have flyers and posters around the city weeks ago?

Reply #272384 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I do not watch much TV, but when I do I have not seen 10 or One promote this at all, or have I just missed any news/promotion on it?

Reply #272394 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

The only thing i find annoying is that i really want to see this tournament but im at work! cant even watch it on tv except the last game. hopefully someone will record it and make all the games available for download.

im worried about what they are expecting for numbers too as work hours will result in less people. friday and sunday will be the best turnout. wish they did saturday too. that would have been smart. but i know about the footy issue and not wanting to compete against it but still

Reply #272575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754