Cary
Years ago

I won Virtual Fantasy comp but received no prize.

HI my name is Cary,

I won the 2009/2010 NBL fantasy competition hosted by Virtual Sports. My team name was "The Slappers". After 6 weeks and a few emails pestering them,
virtual sports denies there was ever a prize for winning it. I distinctly remember a prize offered, but no mention exists on the website anymore.

I'm looking for people played in the competition this year to verify that I'm not going mad, I won't mention what I think the prize is, as if I find people who can get it spot on it further proves the existence of the prize.

I would be very grateful if anyone who remembers the prize could post, and perhaps leave some contact details like an email /mob so I have some witnesses, as I will be complaining to NBL headquarters.

Thanks,
Cary

Topic #22637 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be lodging my complaint with the ACCC, not NBL headquarters.

Reply #272486 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cary, have you checked The Wayback Machine at archive.org to see if they offer a cache of the page?

A few of these comps can be really lazy with their prizes. I remember that my dad won the Razorbacks tipping comp a few years back and had to wait months and months to receive the prize.

The Google cache is only recent (March 22), but mentions no prizes. Wayback has a few cached pages from before 2009 but the few I checked mentioned no prize.

Wayback has nothing for the NBL site since 2007.

From their terms:

13. There are no prizes associated with this promotion.

However, from this page:
The Coach who scores the most points in the VirtualSPORTS NBL Dream Team for Season 2009-10 at the end of season, will win a Nintendo Wii (valued at a maximum of $399).

* In the event of a tied score, the prize will be awarded to the person who registered first in time. Be sure to register and select your team as early as possible!
A Wii, it is.

I've grabbed a sshot of the page in case they notice this and edit it. You can contact me via the link under the Hoops menu at the top of the page if you need to get it from me.

Reply #272489 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

The dirty BA5TARD5!

Reply #272499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This has now been brought to the attention of the NBL who are looking into it.

Reply #272524 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac, surely you could give "the prize".

Reply #272533 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I got a complaint last time someone was awarded that prize. Bit PC for most I imagine, but they had a fair point so I complied.

Reply #272534 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Stooges!

Yes I was talking about that. At least the rabbit then..lol.

Reply #272540 | Report this post

Cary  
Years ago

Hi,

Thanks Isaac the screenshot should go a long way to getting my prize, I couldn't find the page for the life of me I thought I was going crazy. Sending an email to virtual as we speak hopefully I get a better response.

First they denied there was a prize, then insinuated that I must have been mistaken with a different competition. Um no....

I wonder whether they will be the official fantasy comp for the NBL next year?

Thanks again,
Cary

Reply #272594 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

Wow, thats pretty dodgy of them.
Well done Isaac, you sorted that out very quickly.

For the record i played there, and yeah i remember seeing a wii as the main prize too.

Reply #272595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754