Moses Guthrie
Years ago

High Stakes Hoops tickets

Exciting times with High Stakes Hoops starting tomorrow. Re tickets ..... can we purchase single-game tickets, even if just for the late game? Per previous threads, the timing is disastrous for those of us who have to work but I'd love to get along to a 6pm or perhaps even a 4pm game.

Topic #22661 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Moses, I am in the same boat and have also asked the question. I have had no reply from anyone so its pretty obvious that advertising for this event is poor to say the least. It annoys me that they have potential paying customers and yet they are not acknowledging it. I will rock up to the Dome tomorrow at 4pm and try to get a 1 game ticket. If its going to cost me a whole day pass, then I will take it for the privilege to see Willie Farley again and will not go again unless Fleet make finals.

Reply #272801 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

sorry, 've done it again. The last post was from me, forgot to login my user name.

(Mod: Fixed)

Reply #272803 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Glad I'm home tomorrow...a basketball feast on One HD...I think it is something like 12 hours straight! Surely this is a first for FTA TV?

Reply #272806 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Any online streaming as Ill be at work.

Reply #272809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

email hig stakes hoops about the tickets mate

Reply #272811 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Head on over to highstakehoops.com and have a look around. There is ticket info there.

Not sure if I will get down for a game. Will have to be later in the week for me.

Reply #272839 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

Moses I thought you might have made some sort of deal with the Elite Management. Put ur Centrelink forms in on time and get a free ticket. Something like that would have surly raised the profile here locally.

Reply #272851 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Has anyone got any horror stories about getting tickets for this event. There has to be plenty because I was advised at the on site ticket booth that many people who showed up for 1 game only, walked away when told they had to pay $30 regardless if its one game or all 4 for the day. I went along for the 4pm game. Started work 1 hour earlier this morning to get off 1 hour earlier and make the 4pm game. I had a good whinge about having to pay $30 for 1 game saying that the organisers are responsible for putting this event on during working hours which meant working people may have been able to catch 1 or 2 games but not the whole day's events. Anyway, I decided I wanted to see the game and parted with $30. I walked into the stadium at 3.50pm to see a game which should start at 4pm, only to find that there was only 2 minutes left of the 1st quarter. I immediately said to myself, stuff this, its bad enough paying $30 for 1 game but paying it for a portion of a game is not on. This is where I gave up and demanded my money back. The manager was called in as the staff in the ticket booth were not authorised to give me a refund. When the manager came out, he did not hesitate to give my my money back indicating that it had been very poorly organised and many people complained.

Although I got my money back, I am still pissed off because of the inconvenience for one (making trip to the Dome for nothing) and also as a fan who wanted to see a few games, I am being held to ransom to pay for a full day pass when I can only fit it one game (thanks to the stupid organisation).

Reply #273018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is the one major thing which needs to be fixed: there needs to be single game tickets as well as day tickets. oh, and the game need to fricken start on time not 20 mins early!

Reply #273041 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Careful Ranga. From small seeds, big trees are born.

Reply #273048 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At 5pm today - I'd be making it $10 to get in, if I was HSH and I'd be confirming that on here if i was JVG.
You'd get to see the last game and a half and One could say 'Here comes all the people that have been working today.'
Maybe 2000 or so.

Reply #273072 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

Moses - Four small trees all grew to be tall trees in your family :)

Reply #273116 | Report this post

Stashy  
Years ago

I am headed there tonight, I've accepted the dodgy "Day Pass" price for 2 games, but I'm interested too see if they are doing single game tickets after hearing some of the feedback they have gotten

Reply #273126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers adult ticket $33 one game. Sure there's a passion in following 'your' team but the quality of teams for HSH is much improved on anything the sixers have managed the last 5 years. If DJ is the clubs starting centre doesn't appear that's changing soon either.

Even for two games $30 is great value in comparison to other basketball comps or other sports.

EC i'm told you were the only person who complained and ended up refusing to pay for 1 or 2 games. If you're going to have a sook at least be truthful about it. I agree starting the hames earlier then scheduled isn't good but that's the price you pay to have the entire tournament live on FTA I guess.

At the end of the day if you don't like the concept or price don't go. I'm here today and was yesterday because I want the tournent to be a success and return to Adelaide in 2011. I made that choice, if you don't want to support it don't come, pretty simple I would have thought.

Reply #273129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sure there's a passion in following 'your' team but the quality of teams for HSH is much improved on anything the sixers have managed the last 5 years.
Not so sure.

Reply #273153 | Report this post

Chad  
Years ago

"Sixers adult ticket $33 one game. Sure there's a passion in following 'your' team but the quality of teams for HSH is much improved on anything the sixers have managed the last 5 years"

I saw one game yesterday. I thought I had entered a time warp and travelled to Athol Park circa mid 90's watching a couple of social teams?

Obviously there is some serious concerns with the ticketing arrangements. Let's just hope Adelaide gets another crack at hosting this event. It sure has a lot of potential, but you have to get bums on seats to make it a success. Being school holidays, make it $5.00 for kids and pack the place to the rafters!

Hopefully the organisers learn from it and come back bigger and better in 2011.

Reply #273157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754