Harry Lum **
Corey "Homicide" Williams **
Dante Sykes **
Geremy Robinson **
John Rillie
Michael Florence
Mike McDaniel
TBA

Tony Danridge ("the dunk champ guy") is yet to arrive from the airport.

Reef roster doesn't look very strong. Pythons are loaded with imports, but even just Homicide and Rillie could cause trouble as a combo.

During introductions, would it kill people to at least applaud. I know the crowd is sparse, but doesn't help when people don't make the effort.

Bill Woods is talking about how while he went to the bathroom, Homicide adjusted his profile notes to label himself a "brilliant player", etc. Haha.

Topic #22673 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

Is it just me or is the commentating on one HD ALOT better than what foxtel ever did. Even though Steve has always tipped against the sixers pretty much everytime but they can seriously commentate better than BT and shane heal

Reply #272972 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought JVG was OK as a commentator. Had good knowledge of all the NBL players. I like how they're switching it around too and involving a variety of basketball personalities with the courtside interviews.

Reply #272976 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh hopefully we get this kind of commentating through the NBL season now that One HD is taking over. Steve has always had a good knowledge of NBL hopefully he comes back to commentate in the NBL

Reply #272978 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reef playing well as a team while the Pythons are a pretty disparate bunch. Homicide looks like a one man show, not involving the rest. Drives, ignores team mates, and gets to the line.

Reef have switched on the gamebreaker after hitting a couple of long shots.

Reply #272979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thing is a pathetic joke - just a money spinner. Not particularly entertaining either, watching retired guys and bad SEABL players going at it.

Reply #272982 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Todd Blanchfield has 24 points with 5-6 minutes left in the half.

Anon, some of the previous games were a bit better in terms of talent level. (Though, the Reef are playing well as a team.)

Homicide jacking threes, walking up the court, etc. Horrible leader for the team in this half.

Reply #272983 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Just turned the game on and surprise surprise it's so boring to watch. Nothing different in entertainment value compared to NBL. Oh and good to see I was right about having a staked import team doesn't mean a thing!

Reply #272984 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That racist wanting to start up a whites only league a few months ago to celebrate fundametals over flashy play would be LOVING this game.

Reply #272986 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm probably sounding a bit anti-Williams, but the Pythons are doing much better with Homicide on the bench.

56-41. Reef are up. 50 seconds to half time. Pythons have used their gamebreaker.

Reply #272987 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

This game is a car wreck as far as NBL publicity goes. Steve is ripping the Pythons on commentary.

Reply #272997 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

boring!

Reply #273000 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I don't blame Johnson for being visibly pissed off.

Reply #273001 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its a pity most people seemed to see this game (probably because they just got home from work). The Fleet v Rush game was a really hard fought, well played game. (Ignore the blowout final score - the Rush were right in the game until the Fleet turned the defensive screws and went back to Schenscher in the paint in the 4th).

Despite the Monarchs being too strong for the Cyclones, I thought that was a good game to watch too, with both teams competing hard.

Reply #273019 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Blanchfield just had one of those nights. Everything he put up looked like going in.
Kevin Johnson looks like a player. Nice stroke on him, good size, can be physical, reasonable on the defensive end. Seemed to be a bit of a negative presence on the court though. Bit of a whinger from what I saw.
Homicide was terrible tonight from a team standpoint. Sure, he scored 33, but he pretty well looked disinterested in anything team orientated. Refused to pass the ball unless it was bringing the ball up or when he had 4 players hanging off him and 3 of his teammates were wide open.
Team cohesion was horrible by the Pythons. Seemed to be bickering between themselves throughout the game. A few times I saw Bradtke trying to get them to run a play or give them direction and he was completely ignored. Sykes and Robinson were the worst at this. Bradtke pretty well gave up trying in the end.
Both of the Reef's imports looked like likely types. Curtis was used very sparingly (hardly sited in Q2 or 3) but seemed to have a good impact especially in the last. Borgen was pretty lively throughout the game. Not brilliant, but had his moments.
Harry Lum was a huge letdown for mine. Saw a few of his youtube videos and seemed to be exactly the sort of player we need. (Ability to penetrate and score himself, but also to find the loose man for the shot, fairly nice stroke, pretty good defence...). Everything he touched tonight he ruined. Definitely one to forget for him.

Reply #273021 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

all i have to say is BLANCHFIELD

Loved his dunks as much as his 3s

Reply #273049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754