Schenscher 11
Oscar 6
Jackson 9

Woodberry 7
Dodman 4

Topic #22697 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks Bizzy. No TV at the office, so relying on whatever people post here or on Twitter.

Reply #273347 | Report this post

Nard Dog  
Years ago

Navy and black jerseys doesn't make for easy viewing.

Reply #273348 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night's game was dark blue and purple. Must've been difficult for the players.

Score update?

Reply #273353 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Fleet up 54 - 29

Oscar with a 4pointer that qtr. Giving him 12 with 4 boards and 2 blocks, playing solid D.

Schensch with 17 & 6.

Woodberry with 11.

Reply #273356 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Nice i cant wait to watch this when i get home. Stupid work, stopping me from attending.

Reply #273358 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

sorry i forgot to ask. Has Goulding had much of an impact in the first half?? he has been on fire the last two games

Reply #273359 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Goulding hasn't been required really. 2-9 from the field in 21 mins. Just hit a 3 as I type.

Reply #273361 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Fleet up 78 - 39. Cyclones with only 10 that qtr.

Schensch with 24 & 14
Jackson 17

Woodberry 13 & 9

Reply #273364 | Report this post

Shackle  
Years ago

If the big red doesn't end up anywhere but in a 36er uniform next season, I will be bitter as sour drops! He is a must, especially if balls is leaving! Come on SOS make us believers!

Reply #273365 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You have to remember Big Red is playing against 3/4 mwn and no real 5's.

Reply #273367 | Report this post

Shackle  
Years ago

Yeah obviously but I'm going more off his overal play this tournament than just this one game! With everday his stocks are rising. Some team is going to grab him use him and be hard to stop... Why not the 6ers I say!

Reply #273371 | Report this post

Sign farley  
Years ago

Farley with all the tricks today. It eould be great to get goulding also

Reply #273373 | Report this post

Joey Knuckles  
Years ago

WAIT!! WHAT??
Jordan Dodman is playing??

Reply #273378 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Total mismatch in this game. Schenscher did what he wanted. Oscar had a good game. Goulding took a back seat, wasn't needed.

Farley on cruise control, scoring at will and showboating with a nice assist to himself for a fast break layup.

Jackson wasn't really tested in this game, but played under control, set up his team mates and racked up quite a few assists. Also made some good baskets from inside and out. A nice fast break dunk late in the game as well.

Luettgerodt needed to show us a bit more range and tried to do so today. Unfortunately he was well out of his comfort zone and it showed. Bit of a shame really, because he works his butt off on both ends, is a decent athlete, can take it to the basket and makes his free throws.

For the Cyclones, Woodberry was once again okay. He's not overmatched, but he doesn't stand out as NBL import material either. Deba George shot well late in the game, but that was about it for the Cyclones.

Reply #273382 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sign Farley, Goulding is under contract to the Blaze, so unfortunately the Sixers won't be getting him anytime soon.

Shackle, would love to see Schenscher back for the Sixers, but Boti is saying almost nil chance and we have just signed one of the NBL's most promising young centres in Daniel Johnson. I'd love a pairing of Luke and DJ, but I suspect we might be going a different direction under Marty Clarke.

If Schenscher doesn't play for the Sixers, I hope he goes to Europe and has some success there. I really don't feel like being on the wrong end of 20-10 games from him for the next ten years!

Reply #273384 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh it would be a huge grab for goulding but it would have been stupid for blaze to let him go, they would have tried hard to make sure he was secured (regardless i still yelled out to goulding to come to the sixers, he responded with a bit of a laugh and a jordan style mouth open poking tongue out). i am still a strong believe in farley being a good pick up especially with clarke as coach, it will be as good as it gets imho.

Anyone got the final score for me?

Reply #273390 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Beantown the Goulding signing isn't official yet which would worry me if I was a blaze fan

Reply #273398 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

You are a 21 year old gun, playing basketball on the Gold Coast(living the dream) and playing for a great guy and coach in Joey Wright, would you even consider an offer to play in adelaide?

Reply #273402 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

A, money does different things to different people, plus the people he would be working with are pretty much mates. him and brett and farley were all getting along like they had been mates for years. just because life in one club is great doesnt mean in another he cant be just as happy. but i do see your point.

also Big Sexy according the blaze website it is official, he is down for a three year deal

Reply #273404 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

""THE Gold Coast Blaze have secured a huge coup with rising star Chris Goulding agreeing to a three-year deal with the club.

Although the deal is subject to the completion of final paperwork, the charismatic and marketable shooting guard has agreed to terms in what is a win for the club in more ways than one.

Under the NBL's salary cap points system, each player is rated from one to 10 with the club unable to exceed 80 points.

Basketball Australia has released the player points rankings for the 2010-11 NBL season, under which Goulding will be bumped up from a one-point rating to a six.

However, because he was re-signed by the Blaze before the new rankings take effect tomorrow, Goulding will still only count as a one-point player for the term of his three-year contract.""

from
http://linky.com.au/wsyve

Also anyone got the final score of fleet vs cyclones??

Reply #273406 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I have read that article if you read the section that reads "Although the deal is subject to the completion of final paperwork" a lot can happen when waiting on final paperwork. I am not saying that he is not a done deal, I just have seen anything saying it is official except for this article

Reply #273411 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

the last line should read I just haven't seen anything saying it is official except for this article

Reply #273413 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh thats a fair point. sounds like it is currently only a hand shake deal. would be funny if he shocked everyone and became a sixer.

also i found the final score from Boti 107 - 69

Reply #273415 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Bit of a joke that he's only a 1-pointer. Wonder if the same applies for Weigh at Perth.

Reply #273416 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

But saying that he is not on the free agents list.

Reply #273419 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks for the clarification on Goulding's status Big Sexy and SRT. If he has not yet been signed though, why wasn't he on the NBL's free agents list? Someone at NBL headquarters needs to do their job properly. Either you have a contract or you're a free agent FFS!

Someone has to do something about this ridiculous points cap as well. Its purpose is to ensure some league parity right? Well, if a guy as good as Goulding gets to remain at 1 point for the next three years, just because he signs a contract before the latest points cap takes effect, how is that ensuring parity? That right there is a joke! They need new rules if the points cap is going to make sense.

Also, I thought the points cap was 70, not 80. Has it changed?

Reply #273423 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Final paperwork is probably just with the NBL. He'd be locked up, IMO.

X, same happened with Jawai and other players. It's the advantage of being the team that gives the first chance to young prospects. Don't forget that in the early days of the points cap, Adelaide benefited from similar rules that kept Maher as a five point player.

Reply #273425 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Scorers, from Boti's article:

Fleet 107 (Schenscher 24, Farley, Jackson 19, Luettgerodt 18, Forman 12, Goulding 10) d Cyclones 69 (George 14, Woodberry 13, Reed 10).

Reply #273438 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cole told them he wanted 100 shots

Reply #273530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754