Aw - we just lost in overtime.

Reply #273787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good game though

Reply #273788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should make Sunday free entry now. Only way they'll get a crowd.

Reply #273789 | Report this post

PKL  
Years ago

It was a great game. Davidson was awesome. The 36ers should definitely call him.........

Reply #273792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surprised they lost with that team. GF crowd could potentially have been really big if it featured those guys. hopefully they still get a decent crowd

Reply #273793 | Report this post

Kevin Malone  
Years ago

Yes, the organisers would have died a little when the Fleet lost.

Reply #273794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to www.adelaidenow.com.au for the review.

Boti at his best.

Reply #273795 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah good game, still on the last play in regulation i would like Brett to have the ball despite Willie being hot, that said he almost made the shot.

I was down on the whole thing at the start of the week after seeing the first game but i must say i have warmed to it. I think it could work if they learn from their mistakes in pricing, lack of promotion and game times. Maybe have a longer period playing 2 games a night so you can start later for people at work.

Reply #273796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joshuapending - every word right on the money

Reply #273797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That last semi was a quality game i nearly enjoyed more then a nba game. Kevin Ratch! WOW! this guy can play, i think the tigers will be after him as he plays in the big V. Unfortuate for the locals who wont be able to see the fleet. Chris Goulding also is pushing the borders of being in the Boomers world champs squad, Probably a bit young yet though, a couple more years of maturing and he should get more minutes at the blaze this year.

Reply #273798 | Report this post

Dodge Taylor  
Years ago

Yes ... unfortunately the Coasters didn't follow the script about the Fleet making the final (kidding of course). It really was a great game tho!

To all the Adelaide basketball fans, don't forget that Brad Davidson (who played fantastic against the Fleet) and Darren Ng play for the Coasters! :-)

Yes, Kevin Ratzch is legit!

And finally ... yes, we have learnt a lot from this event.

Reply #273800 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

What now? 1 game to go? When & what time?

Reply #273803 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its sunday, don't know the time. Sure their www will have all the details

Reply #273804 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I think tipoff is at 4:45pm, but not 100% sure on that...

Reply #273806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe that is correct

Reply #273807 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

People have to realize that it is oneHD that chooses the times for the games so it is hard to pick the best times because they will not be aired.

Agreed that ticket prizes need to be looked at.

Also, dont forget there is a dunk competition at half time of the grand final on sunday which includes Tony Dandridge, which will be worth looking at in itself.

Reply #273812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that man is a SICK dunker. won the NCAA dunk contest

Reply #273813 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Only just watched the end of tonights game. Damn thats frustrating! The Fleet guys clearly took too much out of themselves in the first three games and couldn't muster the same intensity tonight. Almost had the Coasters a couple of times, but credit to them, they kept fighting back. Lampley really hurt the Fleet early in the 4th before Riley did a good job of quieting him down, but then Davison and Helms made some big shots and Davidson popped up to finish off the Fleet in overtime.

First I've seen of Ratzsch tonight and he had a big impact, nailing some key tip ins, really hurting the Fleet on the glass and showing he could make his jumpers too. Only thing I don't recall seeing from him was the ability to put the ball on the floor and drive. But probably will draw some interest from some NBL clubs. Not sure he's the right choice for the Sixers though, because I reckon we need a SF who can create off the dribble and slash to the basket.

Reply #273814 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

A lot of people are going abp bit crazy over HSH players but it's hard not to with performances like that from Latzch and Davo. Latzch could be the perfect SF compliment for Balls and DJ given the combo will only average 15 rebounds between them tops. But Beanie does make a good point.

Reply #273815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Marty Clarke did leave after the first game so he couldnt have been too interested in players in that one?

I think he must have had his eye on Allen, Hill and Dillon?

Reply #273830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap, he was still there after the second semi you liar

Reply #273836 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Obviously I meant Ratzch up there ^^^ :S

Reply #273837 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

After just four games I managed to identify with and care more about Fleet more than I have the Sixers over the last four years. I wish this Fleet team was the Sixers.

Reply #273846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 273836, I apologise if I got it wrong but I was sitting with him, Dean and Richard during the first game, then once that had finished he got up and said see you later to them all and then never came back; sorry if my assumption was incorrect. However, just because he was their after the second semi doesnt mean he was watching the game, which was more to my point?

Perhaps he was having discussions/meetings with Allen and Dillon?

Reply #273851 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Junga - I couldn't agree more. It was so great to support a team this week that hustled their butts off and frequently played poised basketball despite barely playing together before the tournament. Lets hope Marty Clarke can make those two things staples for the Sixers in years to come.

Reply #273876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754