LC
Years ago

2010 Boomers Camp invitees

Was going through my morning basketball fix online when I came across this article about Anatoly Bose.

"Nicholls State University junior guard/forward Anatoly Bose will have an opportunity to showcase himself on an international stage this summer as the Sydney, Australia native received an invitation to participate in a five-day camp with the Australian Men's National Basketball Team in June."

Link: http://linky.com.au/pdx0p

There is nothing on the BA website yet to announce the Boomers camp invitations...

So whilst we wait for the official list to be released, who else should be invited to camp, injuries permiting?

Topic #22758 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Also this from the same article:

"Bose will head home to Australia for a five-day introductory camp beginning June 20th. According to Brown, the June 20th camp is designed to help identify younger up-and-coming players. Should Bose impress the coaching staff in June, he will have a chance to work with some of the Boomers' more experienced international players at a second camp in July before Brown and his staff make the final selections for the 2010 FIBA World Championships beginning August 28 in Istanbul, Turkey."

Reply #274021 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I think if we are to keep building the nbl up we need to recognize players more
at the national level and send invites to such players as goulding weigh Martin etc youn players coming through.

Reply #274053 | Report this post

Yeti  
Years ago

Jacob,

I do agree with your sentiments, however in Anatoly's instance I think he is well deserving of this invite. The fact he isn't playing in the NBL shouldn't preclude him IMO, as he is a tantalizing mix of size and talent.

I could easily see him play the 2 spot internationally, similar to Barlow, Newley and Ingles as he is easily of similar athleticism to these guys and is still developing. There have been less deserving invites again IMO

Reply #274196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754