Gc bob
Years ago

NBL rumour: Burston to Tigers

Deal done. Also garlepp to gold coast as his partner is playing ball up here too

Topic #22769 | Report this topic

BMF  
Years ago

Would be a good move, I liked his game this season...Pity it started slowly for the 6ers...altho if he had started and they had done well, Ninnis would still be there and that would be bad...

Reply #274165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the old switcheroo

Reply #274170 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Yeah, basically traded Burston for Johnson. Not sure how I feel about it. Burston is no doubt the better player but Johnson can probably/hopefully stay on the floor longer that Burston without injuring himself.

Johnson is obviously has a brighter future than Burston, not that picking players with bright futures really counts for all that much in the NBL considering how often players switch teams or play overseas these days.

Reply #274179 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I liked Burston - only played limited minutes for us - injuries and the like. Under utilised by our guards, also.

Reply #274184 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw gotta feeling he was third in our MVP voting, I think.

Reply #274185 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Really liked Burston so hopefully he has a great season with Melbourne (just not at the expense of Adelaide winning games).

I think Garlepp to GC is a done deal.

Reply #274186 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

The problem with Burston is that he's had one good injury free season in the last 4 or 5 years, he's such a risk it's not funny. I prefer DJ's potential.

Reply #274188 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Doesnt matter how good a player is, he contributes nothing when he is out injured. Burston was a very good player when fully fit, just didnt play enough. It also makes it hard for team balance when players are in and out of the team. Ballenger seemed to be able to play through his back problem so is worth the risk. A young fully fit Johnson has to be better overall value than a perhaps better player like Burston who only plays half a season. Something to consider when looking at older inports as well.

Reply #274195 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Burston was a great contributor.

I just hope Cooper doesn't return to the 36ers. I couldn't bear another season of his useless crap.

Reply #274198 | Report this post

Take luck  
Years ago

amen to that champ 33! surely DJ would be the back up though, and we would be going for a more experienced center.

Reply #274200 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I hear Ballinger is going to sign for the Tigers too ... and Mark Riccutio is retiring

Reply #274201 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Sixers were in talks with Schenscher last week, I wonder how that all went..

Reply #274205 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Schensh wants too much $$$$

Reply #274215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not a rumour--- burston confirmed to tigers on nbl website

Reply #274221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the deal with Garlepp last season? Did he have an actual contract with Adelaide or did he just train with them?

Reply #274235 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I've got mixed opinions about Burston. Sure there was much frustration at the length of time his injury kept him from playing. When he finally did start to play, I was initially excited about what he was bringing in his game. Then when you consider that the latter part of last season was worse than the earlier part, then you have to start questioning if he was indeed what the team needed and just how valuable a player he was. I still prefer him over Schenscher but not devastated that he is going elsewhere.

Reply #274238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tough for a big guy once the only point guard on the roster goes down.

Reply #274242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sorry to see Burston go. Way too many injuries and it messes with the team having him in and out of the lineup all season. He can play though but the Tigers will want to have a decent back up for when the injuries start up again.

Reply #274245 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Burston will be a force to contend with. Ninnis didnt know how to use centre's properly...it was his biggest mistake in my opinion.

Reply #274246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither Trigger or burston can gaurd anyone off the dribble...d wins championships

Reply #274253 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

No doubt he can play, but lost a little touch being out with injuries for so long, which did mess with the line up/plays, also.
(Our back up Centre's minutes were limited and erratic)

Reply #274254 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Dont give Coops to much of a hard time, he's been good for Adelaide. Smyth grabbed him from Cairns & made him a great role player. The right coach will get the best out of Cooper - not a star but can play his role.

Reply #274261 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Orbit

Cooper had his team 5-10 years ago. He's now old, washed up and useless.

Time to piss him off and bring in fresh blood starting with this Johnson addition.

Reply #274280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754