http://linky.com.au/tvsxa

anyone find any vision of this?

Topic #22798 | Report this topic

KB3  
Years ago

Reply #274461 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

It was just Kevin Garnett being a douche. Pierce was hurt and limped over toward the Miami bench, Garnett was attending to him after the play when Quentin Richardson walked over.

It looked like Quentin was just making sure Pierce was OK as he was involved in the foul on Pierce. But Garnett elbowed Richardson out of the way, then threw another elbow that connected and got Garnett (rightfully) thrown out after the video review.

This of course sparked a whole big melee that really shouldn't have happened. It could have been very costly for Boston as Miami were only down 6, if enough free throws and posession were given, Miami could've been right back in it.

At least no one got up off the Boston bench and made it even worse.

Reply #274466 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

haslem made it worse by coming over and getting in garnetts face... if no one else had got involved it probably would have been left at words

Reply #274468 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Playoffs Basketball..

KG being a douche as normal, the Master of the Cheap Shot. Always picks on the smaller players

The refs missed JO putting Big Baby on his a$$..

Reply #274469 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

pierce and q-rich have a history of altercations, so i very much doubt he was checking he was ok. he was probably telling pierce to stop being a girl

Reply #274472 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Well Pierce should stop being a girl then.

Smacked of the "injury" last year - go down like a sack of #### at a critical juncture to take away opposition's momentum. They showed Pierce after the incident (when he was fine of course) and i couldn't help but wonder if he was wishing he hadn't gone all Robben/C. Ronaldo given its end result.

Reply #274473 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I completely forgot about the history of these two. Both got ejected a few seasons ago when Q was with the Knicks. I think it would be safe to say Q was giving PP a mouthful.

Reply #274475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't wait to see LeBron, Shaq & the Cavs pound the hell out of the Celtics in the 2nd Round. Garnett and Pierce will be squealing like stuck pigs.

Reply #274494 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Pierce has really ruined his reputation the last couple of seasons in my eyes, this injury "thing" he does, seen it at least twice or 3 times now, is really lame.

Reply #274495 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

From ESPN.

"I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds and [Garnett] started to talk to me, so I talked back. I don't have any business talking to him, he was on the ground crying. I don't know what was going on, two actresses over there, that's what they are.

"I just get surprised by people's actions when I know them better than that. They're not those characters they portray., they're not who they say they are, Garnett and Pierce, they're good basketball players and that's about it.

"I said to Jermaine, he's OK because I knew nobody touched him," explained Richardson. "Is he taking another break like he does so many times? Sometimes he falls like he's about to be out for the season and then he gets right up, that's all I said.

"I don't like them, and they know it."

Pretty much sums up what most of us suspected.
My mouth waters at the prospect of this series.

Thank god for LP Broadband.

Reply #274510 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

The Celts now need to dismantle this squad as they'll never win it again. They are still creaming over winning it 2 seasons ago.

Reply #274517 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Was watching it and Pierce said he got like a stinger which has happened 2 or 3 times to him this year. While i think it was a little dramatic if this was the case he just went down hurt.

The real issues was KG, while i'm going for the C's i don't think they can win it all and the move to get Nate looks horrible if Doc is not going to play him.

Reply #274519 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

KG is the king of the cheap shot. Rick Rickert felt the wrath of his cheapness at Minnesota when KG punched him after Rickert scored on him again and again in practice to the delight of his team mates.
The end result was Rickert getting released so that the Twolves superstar was kept happy. Pierce loves to play dead, Dwade has also pulled similar antics, playing weak and sick and then goes on a scoring rampage lol.

Reply #274528 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

NBA has suspended KG for game 2. Right decision IMO, even if Q-Rich was talking smack.

Not a very smart veteran decision by KG - could cost them dearly.

Reply #274534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I profess to get confused by NBA's basketball rules v real basketball rules but why did two tech fouls by KG only warrant one foul shot and possession??

Reply #274565 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Mystro, didn't realise the guy that KG punched at practice all those years ago was Rickert! I suspect you're getting a fairly biased Rickert view though. The idea of Rickert scoring repeatedly on KG is ludicrous unless KG was taking it easy because it was practice and he didn't want to get hurt! I like the way Rickert gets after it, but I'm guessing most players end up pretty sore after going against him?

Bit harsh on Pierce though. Yesterday's injury looked innocuous, but Haslem crunched his shoulder again, the same one he hurt against the Spurs about three weeks ago. I have no doubt that would have hurt quite a lot!

Its such a load of crap that people are having a go at Pierce for being soft. After almost being stabbed to death just before his second season, he was playing great basketball just a short time later.

He has also played with a lot of injuries over the years, barely taking any games off even when Boston sucked and had no shot of making the playoffs.

When he hurt his knee during the finals in 2008, he said afterwards that he was really worried when it happened because something popped. Fortunately, it must have popped back into place and he was able to return. But put yourself in his shoes. You've spent most of your career struggling on average teams, you finally make it to the finals and you're afraid you've blown your knee out, probably costing you a title! Wouldn't you be fearing the worst?

As far as the fracas goes, as soon as I saw Q-Rich go up to KG I knew there would be trouble. Whoever posted that stuff from ESPN is wrong. Q-Rich didn't go up to Pierce to see if he was okay. He went up to talk trash to Pierce, because as someone said, those two have a history.

Of course a good team mate will defend his own guy, but KG always takes it that one step further and pushes guys over the edge. On this occasion it bit him on the ass because pretty soon he was basically surrounded by Heat players and in trying to break free he swung his elbow. Not sure if he was definitely trying to crack Q-Rich or not, but he did and thats a suspension, end of story. He knew it too -he said as much afterwards in the post game interviews.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. KG's lost his mobility and hops and without them, Boston doesn't have enough defence, rebounding, or a consistent enough post option to challenge for the title.

Unless KG has a miracle off season and is able to finally get his body right again, Boston are stuck in no mans land for two more seasons. Its not possible to retool Boston's payroll before then unless KG retires, Pierce opts out and resigns for half price and Ray is let go.

Oh yeah, anonymous #274494, I wouldn't get too excited about the Cavs pounding the Celtics in the second round. It will be a hollow victory with KG unable to quarterback his team properly. It'd be like Boston beating the Cavs if Lebron had gimpy knees. Its hardly Jordan beating Drexler or Malone/ Stockton in their primes!

Reply #274571 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It was offset because Davis also had a tech for Boston and Q-Rich and Haslem got techs for Miami. 3-2 techs = 1. Hence one FT and Boston lost possession.

Possibly the rule should be that all of the FT's are shot by each team, because that means the team who shoots their FT's better gets a deserved advantage, but its boring watching a FT fest, so I wasn't too fussed really.

Reply #274573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I tell you what is boring and that is how long it takes the ref's to make the T calls. The game stopped for 5 minutes!

Reply #274609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pierce is an actress and as soft as butter, fact & yeah the Cavs will crush the Celtics. Odds on the Celtics not getting swept?

Reply #274629 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lol at Beantown,
How could you think that Pierce got injured on that?
The contact was minimal!! He just dived out of bounds because he wanted to get the call before he fell out of bounds..then he laid down for a bit because he probably wanted people to think he was dead so then he could make some miracolous comback.

And how in the world could you defend KG in the Rickert incident. This is how it adds up to me..Rickert scored on KG a few times and KG got angry that someone was showing him up. Then he punched Rickert and told the Timberwolves staff to get rid of him. Of course the T-Wolves are going to listen to their franchise player so it was goobye Rick!

KG is a dirty player, who IMO shouldn't make the HOF. Man i would love that..

Reply #274646 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

from the Washington Post so not a biased version from Rickert.

Reply #274686 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

From the Washington Post regarding Rickert/Garnett incident.

NBA most valuable player Kevin Garnett punched a former University of Minnesota player during a pickup game last week at Target Center, cutting the man's face and chipping his tooth.

Garnett punched Rick Rickert, a second-round draft pick of the Timberwolves last season, according to several sources with knowledge of the event. Seven stitches were required to close the cut on Rickert's chin, said Susan Rickert, the player's mother, during a phone interview yesterday.

Rickert, 21, scored several times with the 6-foot-11 Garnett guarding him. Several other players began to "tease" Garnett about being outplayed, according to a source. When Rickert scored again, Garnett struck him without warning.

Garnett punched teammate Wally Szczerbiak in the head following an argument, in 2000.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/#ixzz0laDSaBmF

Reply #274687 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

MACDUB, you are clueless if you don't think Pierce was hurt on that play. It wasn't an injury, but when you slam the top of your shoulder into a guy like Haslem, its gonna hurt. Add that to the fact that he only hurt the same shoulder a few weeks back, I'm not surprised he went down.

I wasn't defending KG for hitting Rickert either. Just saying that it usually takes two to tango and having seen Rickert play, he is definitely the kind of guy who would get under opponents skin. So I suspect there is more to the story than was printed by the Washington Post. (BTW, I like the way Rickert gets after it. Wish the Sixers had a guy like him.)

Reply #274715 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers TR.

lol at the look on Pierce's face after they were ejected. Looked like he was crapping himself..

Reply #274731 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754