clarky
Years ago

Taipans sign Loughton for 3 years

No official confirmation yet but according to the twitter of Matt Stevens, Alex Loughton has signed a 3 year deal with the Cairns Taipans.

via @Matty_Stevens: Loughton has signed a 3 year contract with the Taipans! Spent 2009/10 in Spain with Ourense Baloncesto

Interesting news, but I'm still waiting for confirmation from some kind of news source.

Topic #22809 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

its official, there was a media release posted on ozhoops

Reply #274672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on the nbl website now aswell

Reply #274673 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Clarky do you live in Cairns?

Reply #274677 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

No orbit, I live in Adelaide. Why do you ask?

Reply #274680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nice signing. Had forgotten all about this guy but he averaged 15 PPG only a couple of seasons ago.

Reply #274685 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

congratulations to fearny and co......wow, i didnt see that one coming!

all of a sudden they are one 15-18 point s/g away from a deep playoff spot.

how are they off for salary cap points??

more likely,how are they off for money left in the bank!!

all up, the best signing of the season thus far.

Reply #274690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

terrible signing on loughtons part... they need to prove they can sustain a business model for one year let alone 3

Reply #274720 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Clarky i thought u might have been former Taipan Andrew Clarke as u were up to date with the Cairns news so quick. I was talking to him yesterday so i was just checking.

Reply #274807 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Anon, Who cares if they can't go past the next year! Alex will be snapped by another club, no big deal.

Reply #274811 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

In other news, the Breakers have lost CJ Bruton... Apparently he's heading to Puerto Rico.

Not too sure on the source.

http://linky.com.au/sviqj

Reply #274823 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We know what happened last time CJ went for an overseas contract though.

Maybe he will sign up in Tassie?

Reply #274830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the Peurto Rico season during our off-season, as that's where Redhage is currently.

Also if CJ was leaving breakers, I'm sure there would be a statement by now. With CJ though, who knows... Kings anyone??

Reply #274838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj is signed with the breakers. Puerto Rico league is in our off season and yes redhage is there and also if you remember former hawks import angelo reyes, he played in nbl half and puerto rican other.

Reply #274848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754