billo
Years ago

Boston v Miami: Game 2

Thought I'd start a thread to keep any comments on this game in the one place as I plan on watching it tonight without knowing the result.

I think it might have already tipped off?

How will Boston go without KG? Will Wade step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck? Does Boston care enough about winning it all anymore and are they just going through the motions these days? How many threes will Sheed brick?

Topic #22816 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Go anyone-but-KG's-team!

Reply #274926 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

interesting game so far

Reply #274927 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Loving this, Ray Allen is on fire!!

Reply #274939 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm whether Jermaine O'Neal is alive, or is he being paraded around the court ala Weekend at Bernie's?

He's a $24M waste of space so far.

Reply #274940 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

TNT can GTFO! They've stopped showing the Celtics game, flicked over briefly to the Suns Blazers game, ad break, showed Kobe in warm ups for 5 seconds and announced ex amount of minutes until the Lakers game, then ad break again! I just wanna see the end of the Celtics game!

Reply #274947 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Don't joke about people being alive or dead. Seems a toucy subject at the moment. A recipe for flame wars.

Reply #274949 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

touchy^

Reply #274950 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Boston killed Miami 106-77.

Reply #274953 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Miami were horrible. If they continue playing like that, it'll be a Boston sweep. Kudos to Glen Davis for stepping up in the playoffs once again. I think he was blocked four times in the first half, but his refusal to quit saw him gradually wear down Miami's resolve. Now if Doc would just redesign some plays to get Davis open on pick and pops, instead him playing under the rim, I'd be a happy man.

Ray Allen went supernova for the first time in awhile, which was nice to see, but Spoelstra would be doing his nut at the way Ray was able to shoot uncontested threes from the one spot basically 4 times in one quarter!

Nice to see Boston taking care of business so far, but I have to say, I still haven't seen anything to suggest they're physically or mentally ready to take it to the Cavs.

Pierce is still a step slow, allowing Q-Rich to stay in front of him and stop him from creating off the drive. That never happened until this season. Pierce used to torch Q-Rich on a regular basis.

Ray was good tonight, but will he keep taking shots with a Cavs player in his face? Last two years he has shown a reluctance to be the gunner he used to be. Sometimes I think he needs to jack up some more shots to see if he can get in a rhythm. I don't think he can afford to defer to a diminished Pierce/ KG anymore.

After Davis performance tonight, I hope Doc tells KG he's coming off the bench. I want to see if an angry KG can still do anything! ;-)

Reply #274983 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Disappointing effort from Miami today - they basically rolled over and died IMO - especially with no KG for Celtics.

Celtics behind Allen looked great, but I don't think they can beat Orlando or Cleveland.

Reply #274995 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Great to see the C's get the win and watching ray just catch on fire was fantastic. The heat were a no show and if i was Wade i would kick his teams butts, he can't score every basket.

One thing i don't get is that Nate trade was just trash, i have never liked him but Doc just does not play him even when he could have given rondo an extended brake. Meanwhile Walker did ok for himself at NY, even though their system is different Doc never game him a chance to show himself.

I still hold out some kinda hope the Celtics can get it together but my head still tells me 2nd round fodder.

Reply #275017 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good point about Nate v Walker, JP. So many people were talking Nate up when we traded for him. I just crossed my fingers and hoped he could give us a spark off the bench. But after getting a decent run from Rivers, I think he deservedly dropped out of the regular rotation.

So might be that we ended up giving up too much for Nate, but in the end, I don't think it'll make that much difference. I can't see Walker ever being a long term starter in the league. At best, he'll be a good 7th or 8th man off the bench for some team.

Hope the Celtics can do something good with the #19 pick in the draft. I reckon they might be able to find a Leon Powe type around there, which would really help them out now that KG is struggling. As well as Davis played today, you just don't want him trying to score around the basket.

Reply #275024 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Have to admit that Tony has been pretty good as of late with not too many bone head plays. While Walker may never be a starter i would still have liked to see him given a chance off the bench, my gripe is that Doc never gives these guys much of a chance. Also liked sheldon for what he has done with his time, not fantastic but solid on boards and scrap baskets.

And where do you start with Wallace...just hope he kicks his own butt and comes good, now looks like a bad signing and i cant see anyone who would take him in a trade.

Reply #275028 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its been good to see Tony Allen finally healthy and showing that he can be relied upon. I tried not to bag him for a long time because of the injuries and the fact that he did have that good stretch while Pierce was out way back in 2006-07, but watching Pierce run his body into the ground last season and seeing Tony completely fail to take up any slack finally convinced me we had to find someone else. Lucky for him, he stuck around and is finally showing us what he can do again. I'd say he is more likely to be resigned next year than Daniels or Nate now!

Walker certainly seemed like he could have been a good option to rest Pierce last season, but it never happened. To be fair to Doc, I can recall him giving Walker a crack on a number of occasions early last season, but despite some jaw-dropping athleticism that helped him get to the basket, he didn't seem able to hit the outside shot and kept getting lost on defence. Maybe he would have learned, if he had been given extended time on the court, but perhaps he didn't get a shot, because of what Boston's assistants were seeing in practice.

I keep wanting to like Shelden, because he gives good effort and at times you can see why he was taken so high. But I think there's a reason why his ability is limited in the NBA and its his physique. He just doesn't have good enough hands and is both too short and not explosive enough with his jump to be a Boozer or a Landry. Prior to his latest knee injury, Powe was much more effective.

Wallace... yeah, he's been a massive disappointment. Still shows flashes, but he screwed the Celtics taking that three year deal. He has no mobility anymore - its like watching an aircraft carrier try to turn around when someone dishes off and Wallace has to adjust position. As a result, good teams break down the Celtics defensive rotations at will. Would rather see Shelden in there than Wallace. At least he and Baby are capable of moving on defence, even if they aren't always as savvy as Wallace, and can't score in the post the way he can.

Reply #275064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754