pwned
Years ago

Ben Allen to Crocs confirmed

The Townsville McDonald's Crocodiles have announced the signing of 6’11" centre, Ben Allen for the 2010/11 season.

The Crocodiles were able to win the signature of the 23-year-old Victorian after several NBL clubs expressed interest in the long term potential of the big man.

Allen has just successfully finished a collegiate career with St Mary’s College in California where his team reached the illustrious NCAA Sweet 16 Basketball Tournament for the first time in school history. Allen played in all 34 games for the St Mary’s Gaels in 2009/2010, averaging 10.7 points per game, 7.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists.

http://linky.com.au/3cf7y

Topic #22817 | Report this topic

rob  
Years ago

how much would he get per year?

Reply #274963 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Carfino mentioned160-180k during HSH. Bit much if true...

Reply #274965 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seriously doubt it. Didn't do brilliantly during HSH.

Reply #274966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't know a rebound if it hit him in the face. Runs three point line to three point line and shoots it. Wears an apron and carries a feather duster.

Will fit perfectly into the NBL.

Good luck to him.

Reply #274967 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Another Axel Dench in terms of skills. If his attitude is good and he keeps in shape he can have a very good career, but if his attitude is like Axel's he will most likely drop away.

Reply #274974 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I heard he died....

.....his hair.

Reply #274977 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Is OzHoops handing out bulk-buy Haterade discount coupons to anonymous users this week? Did I miss a memo?

And peeps were telling me school is back in session and everything - go figure.

TC2 - Bet some gasol takes offence :p

Reply #274978 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Perhaps the Mods of this Forum should actually moderate the consistant rubbish posters and delete their posts.

Reply #274979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What...then what would get posted?

Reply #274981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it how there is supposedly some sort of difference in quality between a post from an anonymous person or some anonymous person calling themselves "Shano" or "Loco" etc. There's morons on every forum and more often than not they're usually regulars.

Reply #274987 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

well said anon

Reply #274988 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So does this mean no Schenscher in Crocland? Or will they go for the twin towers?

Reply #274991 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Will be nteresting to see who the CRocs sign next...if Allen managed to secure some serious $$$, then I doubt they could go after Schenscher as well...

Reply #274994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would assume schenscher will start centre, and allen will come off the bench

Reply #275030 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ushiro, are you talking about anyone in particular? Are you volunteering to moderate? There is a pretty wide pool of moderators with the ability to "Sin Bin" posts for review, but the majority don't login or use it.

Reply #275036 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Further to that in case you think I was being snarky, I'd love a solution to it all. It'd be great if all the spammers just disappeared (forced registration wouldn't do it - the spammers register more often than actual contributors!) and every anonymous poster picked an alias so we could get to know their persona, and the snipers found something else to do.

Reply #275046 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Hi Isaac, it is the blatant junk posts that clog up the threads, either completely off topic or spam, that make it fustrating to read threads. Add to that some of the recent "Topics" which are in poor taste. I am already a Moderator on two Martial Arts websites. They are both strictly moderated to keep the Forums both on topic and spam free so I know how difficult it is for a Forum Owner. It only takes a few reminders and post deletions for everyone to keep on topic. If there are already a group of Moderators, then perhaps they need to be reminded what their roles are. I believe I have not been a member of this Forum for long enough to take on a Moderator role at this time. However, that may change in the future.

Reply #275048 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

maybe TRIPLE towers - Hinder, Allen AND Schensher?

Reply #275055 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ushiro, the main thing is that the original squad of moderators (Hoop Addict, Double Clutch, Libertine, etc) have mostly moved on and don't frequent Hoops like they used to. Anyone like yourself is welcome to get involved to any degree they can though.

Many of the regulars (though they might not realise if they don't login much) will have basic moderator access to put a post in the Sin Bin so that the full-access moderators can review it.

Main moderator now besides me is probably Bizzy, I'd say.

The other issue is unregistered posting which is something done by this forum but not by many others. For a long time, I have maintained it to allow insiders to post rumours and hope that the real ones override any that are off-track. Obviously, that leaves a lot of trust to the general populace and unfortunately people can't control themselves. Have been thinking about ditching un-registered posting recently though.

Reply #275120 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ah I always wondered why it said Mod Squad when I log in. Makes sense now.

Reply #275126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you see the Sin Bin link, down near "Report this post" in light grey? Use that on spam or questionable posts and one of the main moderators can delete or release it from there.

Reply #275132 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cool, no probs.

Reply #275136 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I am a ghost now, that's for sure.

Interestingly, how much do you think it would suck to be 6'11? You couldn't squeeze out one more inch and become part of the 'seven footer' club.

Reply #275153 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

It so funny to read this thread and see the absolute rubbish being posted by those who think they know something about a player, or that they have some sort of inside knowledge. You are pathetic losers. Get a fucking life.

Reply #276056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Know Wonder why you lost the Election John Howard. P.S. I didnt know you liked Basketball.

Reply #276058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! So true

Reply #276164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754