LC
Years ago

Mills sees playoff action!

I have been out all day and identified our own Patty Mills saw playoff action today!

Mills scored 6 points in 7 minutes on court, shooting 2/4 from the field and hitting his only three-point attempt, after entering the game with 1:44 left in the third quarter. Whilst the Blazers were trailing badly, it is good to see Mills get some playing time in the playoffs.

Topic #22819 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

He also made a great 3 point play on a fast break.

Reply #274997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go mills.

Reply #275002 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I noticed this on the box scores.
Awesome stuff.

I hope he plays for the Aussie team when they visit Australia Vs Argentina.

Reply #275004 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good stuff! Nice to hear that it wasn't in garbage time and that he made a couple of standout plays as well. Always good to remind other teams of what you can do in the playoffs. I reckon Mills might be the first Aussie to see court time in the playoffs since Bogut in his rookie season as well.

Reply #275013 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yep just saw the box score, good to see some minutes.

Reply #275016 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Don't kid yourself Beantown, it was the junkiest playoff minutes ever. He came on when POR were down 25 both times.

That said, he looked good most of the time. He made a silly TO when trying to split a double team from a pick and an out of control layup in traffic.

I think the coaching staff (and more importantly, scouts) will see his mistakes for what they are, trying maybe too hard to make an impression with his limited minutes. He will get his shot eventually one would think.

Reply #275027 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, just watched it on League Pass and he didn't make those baskets until the 4th. Oh well, at least he saw some action.

Reply #275029 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He's got front row seats watching Nash play, getting paid a fortune & getting some court time as well. Legendary Patty!

Reply #275040 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Just found this and thought some may find it interesting..

During Portland's final regular season game (against the Golden State Warriors), Mills also saw playing time, scoring an NBA career-high 11 points in 13 minutes. He also managed two assists, one rebound and two turnovers during that fast-paced game. More importantly though, playing that tenth game of the regular season guaranteed Mills' contract for next season -- given the behaviour of McMillan during the season it was unexpected by most Blazers observers that Patty would see time in his tenth game.

http://linky.com.au/8495p

Reply #275069 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks DB5, I didn't know about that clause in Patty's contract. Good that he has the certainty of being on an NBA payroll for at least one more year.

Reply #275094 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No worries BT, I was not aware of it either. Great news for Patty, and his performance the other day does not hurt either.

Still could see him being used in trade scenarios when all the Blazer guards are back and fit.

Reply #275097 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mills saw another 2 minutes for 2 assists (no shots and no turnovers) in a Portland loss today.

Reply #275308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754