Isaac
Years ago

Top selling NBA jerseys, Kobe 1, LBJ 2

At the risk of exciting every jersey-spammer on the planet, I thought a few people might be interested to know which NBA player jerseys are the best sellers. Any of you with Mod Squad forum access, if you see spam in this thread, throw it in the Sin Bin ASAP.

Bryant's No. 24 jersey again is the top-seller in the NBA, the league announced Wednesday. His jersey also was No. 1 in 2008-09.

The Lakers were the top team in NBA merchandise sales, as has been the case in seven of the past eight seasons.

Second to Bryant in individual jersey sales is LeBron James from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett was No. 3, up one spot from last season. Chicago Bulls second-year player Derrick Rose was No. 4, and the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard was No. 5.

1. Bryant - LAL
2. James - CLE
3. Garnett - BOS
4. Rose - CHI
5. Howard - ORL
6. Wade - MIA
7. Paul - NOH
8. Pierce - BOS
9. Durant - OKL
10. Anthony - DEN
11. Robinson - BOS
12. Lee - NYK
13. Roy - POR
14. Gasol - LAL

Any you are surprised to see as high as they are or any surprise omissions?

I thought Nash or Amare might've been up there.

Topic #22859 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I'm assuming Robinson for Boston is Nate Robinson. That one surprises me.
I also expected to see a few rookie singlets up there. I see a lot of people jump on the rookie bandwagon when it comes to singlet purchases.

Reply #275695 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wondered if Robinson might be a bit of an icon for nuggety-bulldog-brawler types? But then, surely Earl Boykins will have eternal favour as key representative of NBA little dudes?

Reply #275702 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Earl Boykins should have his jersey attached to the header of Hoops SA!

Reply #275713 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Probably no Nash because he's not from the US.

Reply #275723 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

...although I guess that argument fails given Gasol is on there. I wondered about Nowitzki too.

Reply #275724 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Where's Yao?

Reply #275728 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I'd say the vast majority of Nate's singlets were knicks singlets from earlier in the season. New Yorkers love to buy knicks singlets but without any superstars Nate and David Lee (12th in sales and easily the most boring player on the list) were the best of a bad bunch. If Lebron goes to New York he'll definitely top that list next year.

Reply #275754 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

thedoctor makes a good point, you would expect to see some YAO and YI love.

Reply #275758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where is the love for D-Will?? that dude never gets love from fans

also i expect Durantula jerseys to be way higher next year

maybe no Amare as there have been talks of him leaving the Suns all season and he will prob def get signed by another team in the free agent 'summer of LeBron' this off season

Reply #275768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a way to find out how many Rudy Gay singlets have been sold? No offence to the guy at all as he's got game, but I bet his jersey sales are fairly low.

Reply #287116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754