We love Welby
Years ago

Thats Not Your Club

I found it a little funny last weekend.
No basketball on, except the forestville centrals game. And I look over to the score bench, and I saw the Western Magic president wearing a forestville top.

Um... you are the president of a club, and your kids play for another club????
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
That must say a bit for the club that you are president at!

Maybe she heard about the rumours of the association thingy, and realised that the club that she is president at may not be around much longer....

Thoughts....?

Topic #22880 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Are you sure her kids play for Forestville?

Reply #275940 | Report this post

juno93  
Years ago

I don't think that's right actually?

Reply #275942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no she has 2 kids playing for Forestville....

Reply #275943 | Report this post

CJ  
Years ago

Do you realise that parents actually do their volunteer duties at some clubs?
Many stats and score bench people from clubs do bench and stats duties at other clubs to help out, and in so doing wear the tops supplied by the home club for those occasions.

Reply #275968 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I know of a parent and coach at one district club who is on the score table every home game for another club

This is not an unusual thing to see

Reply #275970 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Being the President of an associate club and having one's children play at another on the face of it seems to portray a lack of faith at that club, but I am sure there is more to the story.

Reply #275972 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

what if the child/ren wanted to play at a different club due to personal preference, friends playing there etc etc??

Never judge a book by its cover... =)

Reply #275973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats and scoretable staff are not "employed" by that club, but rather sit on a state panel. Most of those people however tend to only do games at one particular club for the sake of continuity and understanding the "nuances" of the club, stadium etc. Good to see that presidents of a club are volunteering to help at other clubs.

If it concerns you so much We Love Welby, why dont you offer to volunteer on a stats desk or score table? Almost any scoretable chair person or Head Statistician will welcome the extra help!

Reply #275975 | Report this post

Maude  
Years ago

perhaps her kids are aspiring to play aba? Or division 1? They can't do either at western magic...

Reply #275993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she was falling down drunk and abusive, that's a story. Giving her time on the score bench, Wow! Only story in this is of a dedicated mum and basketball fan isn't it?

Reply #276068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perfect example of some of the true idioticy that exists in our little basketball community. My god get a life

Reply #276070 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hang on, this is Adelaide remember.

Reply #276074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget what was originally said about wearing tops and the score bench - the point is she is a president of one club and her children play for another.

Reply #276133 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

I dont think its fair to judge anyone on where their kids play, I am involved in a club but my kids will be playing for another and that is just to do with location... Tracey Yorke is a prime example coaches at north and daughter plays at West. there could be a number of factors, junior coaching and program, location, not wanting perceived bias (which may very well be the case here)

I think we should all be happy when those involved in Basketball in SA encourage their kids to play as well no matter where!

Reply #276136 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good on her for not being so petty that she'd require her kids to play at her club. As others have already said, maybe they want to play with friends or have ABL aspirations or live closer to another club.

Reply #276141 | Report this post

Wake up all  
Years ago

Come on people, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all talk about the Death Star and Sturt.
This is the most obvious move by the Nest for world domination.
The question being asked should be
"Why is the Forestville Mum the President of Magic?"
The Eagle dominates territory by laying eggs in other nests, this is just nature.

Oh well, it was worth a shot

Reply #276153 | Report this post

point being what ?
if members of magic are unhappy weith president associating with another club they will decide if any conflict of interest exists - not happy well express your opinion by voting at appropriate time
or are you suggesting moves afoot to create a mega club
think find thats underway already way out west do like wake up all anology eagles creating nests and with magic they hatch but do need warriors to guard the nests especially out west in case bear and cats raid the nest. no doubt lions are looming in the shadows ready to pounce

Reply #276162 | Report this post

blah blah  
Years ago

was trouble at woodville with this crowd now it's moved to wayville

Reply #276305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it bothered you so much Welby why not bail her up and ask her the question? Starting a topic, hoping to get a reaction when you don't even know the circumstances is ridiculous.

Reply #276668 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

SO WHAT,MAGIC HASNT GOT HIGHER DIVISIONS-IF THE KIDS ARE TALLENTED GOOD ON THEM.

Reply #278275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DEAD SET WANKER!! the reason being that western magic was knocked back div 2 spots that these kids were playing in so they went else where both the teams were in div 2 and won the division and told they could not stay.

and if your kids were playing at a club would you not support them??

now your getting desperate to find things to knock the club about seriuosly if you spent this much time improving your club we might not exist!

Reply #279983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754