shano
Years ago

Boti says Rhys Carter High on 6ers list

What do people think of that?Hed add some grunt and defence, I think I remember his game really improving, but that was under Goorj who has a track record of bringing out best in role players. I like our signings and think we will be a lot more intense and team orientated, though I think our 2 imports will need to be guns for us to challenge this season.

Topic #22883 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Watched Carter for a whole season under Goorj and really enjoyed his game. Should be a solid and cheap backup combo gaurd.

Reply #275969 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Gorj built confidence. Amazing what that will do to a man.

Clarke will bring opportunity. Amazing what that will do for you confidence.

Reply #275984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh no! The 36ers might get Rhys Carter! Oh wait, we're (Wildcats) getting Matthew Nielsen.

Reply #275986 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

Rhys Carter...... ANother awesome signing.... the sixers would look great with a line up on the court of Ng, Herbert, Carter, Hill, and Johnson.... I am excited for this season....WTF

Reply #275990 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Dear Boti, I know you read this Forum. This morning when I read your piece in the paper I was completely dumbfounded - can you please elaborate on the word "magnificent" 7 you used in the article? You have me lost for words if you are serious with that pitiable statement, and I do hope it was a joke - if not you have lost all respect I have in you as a basketball journalist.

Reply #276002 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wher was he last season?

Reply #276003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sweden

Reply #276010 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

The cats ain't getting Nielsen

Reply #276013 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Credit to the club for looking around and researching options but if it doesn't pan out and maybe even if there are other options ..... they need to remember they have a very capable and reliable point guard in their backyard that wants to play and can still play. He was terrific at the HSH tourney. Anyone know how he's going in the CABL?

For those who don't know who I'm referring to the dude i the headband above ..... Brad Davidson.

Reply #276023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who told you he wants to play. I believe he was heard saying at the HSH he doesn't think his body could handle a full season in the NBL.

Reply #276025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The cats ain't getting Nielsen"

Yes they are, it's a done deal.

Reply #276031 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

The cats have 8 players signed, the 9th will be announced next week and it is Nielsen and the 10th will have to be a player U24.

Reply #276033 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

That should of said isn't NIelsen, sorry

Reply #276035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if its a done deal it would already be in the news.That would be one of the biggest signings in the NBL. Im pretty sure he is going to play in spain again but this time for regal barcelona.

Reply #276036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if its a done deal it would already be in the news.That would be one of the biggest signings in the NBL. Im pretty sure he is going to play in spain again but this time for regal barcelona."
the nbl never announces signings on the weekend.

Reply #276040 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Another player mentioned in the same article is Nathan Crosswell who surprisingly might be available as Melbourne appear to be heading for a new look roster.

Only rumour I have heard about Davo is that he would be a very popular choice as an Assistant in Townsville.

Reply #276075 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Rhys Carter would be a good addition to the team. He appears to have been performing well in Sweden.

Reply #276084 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I would prefer Bruce if he is still an option?!

Reply #276094 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruce is not really an option. Maybe not up to a starting role and wouldn't move back or take a paycut to play as a back-up.

For the Cats fans, this is from top dog Nick Marvin:

@ryan711 not Neilson this season unfortunately. Can't fit him in the cap. Not given his opportunities elsewhere. Need to play they rules

As for the 36ers, I think Carter is a decent enough target. I also don't mind Crosswell, though he trades in an outside shot (1/12 last season) for getting to the hoop.

Reply #276101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Carter would be a handy backup player he neally notched up a quadruple-double against Jamtland(Swedish League) Scoring 10 points, 10 rebs, 11 assists and 9 steals.

Reply #276110 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I didnt see the article until just now so was unaware Bruce was out of the equation.

As a result, I think Carter would be a decent contributor.

Croswell would be ok....would provide an experienced head.

Reply #276113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the experienced player was what the sixers need last year without Brett Maher they were dreadful, plus the import point guard is gonna get most of the time so a young player like rhys carter is a waste especially as he has not much experience at the top level. I think crosswell is the right guy for the sixers.

Reply #276120 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Crosswell is a good strong PG and would allow us to get a PG -- SG player that can do either role and a scorer .

Reply #276143 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I was thinking 'bout Bruce, thinking about Carter and Crosswell, - and maybe an Import swingman.

Reply #276155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wats happening with this nielson to perth deal heard nothing yet usually they release things monday or tuesday so we will wait and see. And yer crosswell or carter with troy jackson starting point and donta smith at small forward.

Reply #276160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neilsen is not signing with the Wildcats this season.

Reply #276178 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti article on Rhys Carter:

"It's just talks at the moment. I would love to play for Marty.

"I have some great mates on the team and the Sixers are a great organisation.

"But with my girlfriend's family here in Sweden and some good offers coming in, it is tough to leave right now."

Reply #276606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754