Paul
Years ago

Dowdell struggling in SEABL

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/10/01/60/67/61PqUBTAVNs4E/

Dowdell doing nothing. Martin might be an import option.

Topic #22886 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's the first game this season he hasn't had double figures.
Averaging 15 and 9 with a block and a steal. (17 and 9 not including that game)
8 or more rebounds in every game, 2 8s, 2 9s, a 10 and a 12.
I'm sure he's entitled to a bad game every once in a while. Still had 9 rebounds, a block and 2 steals in that game.

Kobe got 12 and 13 in consecutive games this week. Maybe LA should think about dropping him?

Reply #275995 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

wait.. did you just compare dowdell to kobe?

Reply #275997 | Report this post

europa16  
Years ago

pwned...I think you may have missed the point. Try again.

Reply #275999 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

haha, i didnt miss the point, i just thought it was funny he thought the significance of kobe having a bad game the same as dowdell having a bad game. with kobe having 4 nba championships and dowdell having... well.... you tell me

Reply #276001 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

Hendo that was a terrible statement....Dowdell should be getting better numbers than 16 or so a game in the aba. Kobe....hahahahha kobe dowdell

Reply #276011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dowdell is a great young player and dominated the SBL last season, he will improve & grow as a player @ the 36ers under Clarke & Radford and be a long time NBL player.

Reply #276012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a complete scrub at NBL level. Ask the Wildcats & Crocs.

Reply #276016 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Will never understand people who enjoy bagging out other individual's online. Why don't you concentrate on your own life and let everyone else live theirs, yeah? Last I checked Jeff wasn't hurting anyone and if he really is such a terrible player he will get dropped eventually.
Get over it!

Reply #276018 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Once again mew players are being pre-judged on their performances under other coaches at other teams. It would be reasonable to assume that Jeff Dowdell is taking Cooper's spot in the team so going from comments last season, anyone would be better. This time next year the bagging comments might be valid. However, I would like to give him a chance to actually play at the 36ers before passing judgement.

Reply #276020 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Strewth folks, were you aware Jeff had a shocking case of gastro all week and wasn't supposed to even play that game? He missed most of the warmups and had to run to the changerooms at various times during the game. Give the guy a break - he'll be fine. Good player with great potential.

Reply #276021 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Ahhhh, another beautiful case of people making outlandish judgements without having all, or even one or two of the facts!! As I said in another thread, never judge a book by its cover - in this case, never judge a player by a boxscore...

Reply #276034 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

If anyone here actually knew how North West Tassie play their game they would realise his numbers are excellent for the amount of touches he would get.

Reply #276038 | Report this post

Bettyleadfoot  
Years ago

Lets wait and see what the guy can do before making a judgment. Clarke would know him better than most of us, having worked with him at the AIS.

In any case no one is pretending that he will be any thing than a bench player to start with. Hopefully with development potential for the future.

Reply #276045 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I agree, Dowdell's a scrub. Can't believe Adelaide signed him - ugh. You guys deserve better.

Reply #276080 | Report this post

bag  
Years ago

GO U SAINTERS

Reply #276192 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

No big deal. He's Cooper's replacement. What has Coops averaged in the State league the last few years? Lets just lay off the guy and see how he plays in Sixers colours.

Reply #276237 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well said Beantown.

Reply #276246 | Report this post

vesta 23  
Years ago

the seabl needs to be given more credit. just because he was nbl doesnt mean he is just going to get 20 and 10. a lot of great players in the leauge and 20 and 10 is huge in a 40 min game.

Reply #276739 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754