whose a loser
Years ago

A lovely St Clair experience

attended St Clair on Saturday and was expected to be visiting a stadium from hell according to some posts. While not the tah mahal of stadiums it was well lit and if nothin else has a pot hole free carpark -aks rocket land where ankle braces are mandatory for old hacks like me. Not sure who the 60's freak on the PA is but he was clear and too loud although he was much quieter at the end on the men's game.Cracker game with best team winning in a fascinating struggle well worth the adnmission fee which wasnt $10 that you poor suckers from centrals apparently paid.Obviously warriors saw there country cousins coming and hit up on you guys to fund the stadium redevelopments. If i could got the worlds best canteen hot dogs like at hillcrest it would have be a near perfect day after mighty power cleaned up the crows err budgies in a almost non event 000 zero zero zero
nil nil nil not a jatzcracker little birdies
empty nest show down low down lay down crows Central versus the crows to get a winner -losers biggest losers
point made

Topic #22889 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gee, if they did charge Centrals $10 that night and everyone else less, I can see a "gate keeping abnormality" when Centrals host Warriors.

Don't Centrals charge $12/adult?

Reply #276079 | Report this post

whose a loser  
Years ago

i have nothing more to Crow about -and the crows have nothing to crow about -
hopefully no third party payments

Reply #276089 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

I agree, great stadium in decent shape for its age. Lots of room and the lighting was fantastic.

If they could just get some of those metal portable stands like at Wayville it would suit an ABL Team's needs perfectly.

Reply #276109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the lights were done over the easter break, near on $50,000 worth from what i was told from the owner. and i also was told on saturday that some of those stands like at wayville have been ordered and are being made. no idea when they will be ready. but things are happeneing.

Reply #276177 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

good to see things are back on the move for woodville, been a roller coaster ride for the club since winning that championship a few years back... hopefully things continue to improve, and st clair gets a much needed overhaul as it seems to be looking to get

Reply #276180 | Report this post

yer yer  
Years ago

had never been there b4 and was much better than i was expecting. peace out

Reply #276197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how Woodville and Magic will share the stadium now that there will be no affiliation between the clubs.

Reply #276664 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Think find Magic and Warriors are soon to release statement.Been many meetings between clubs and much work done.
Western suburbs needs strong club and needs to grow the sport hopefully St Clair and Port Rec Centre can dev the sport.
Is the possibility St Clair will be bulLdozed in the redev happening in the area ? Much of the park rec space is to go ?

Reply #276973 | Report this post

hohum  
Years ago

Woodville worked against themselves and shot themselves yet again in the foot - Magic to go West, that is where the powerhouse will be and Woodville will fade into sunset never to be seen again.

Reply #276975 | Report this post

West is Best  
Years ago

West dont want Magic - disappear BE BEST magic trick Magic could do.

Reply #277188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hohum has it right.
West is Best should talk to a committee member.

Reply #277190 | Report this post

West is Best  
Years ago

Are you implying West are talkng to magic and club committee are aware of this or talk to Magic committee members. Magic and West in black and red - yeah that look ok with bearcat on uni. West always open to recruits far and wide.Welcome to Mid Season carnival as well, also ABA game night see you in the bar.Welcome everybody.

Reply #277256 | Report this post

west  
Years ago

magic can come and join in at west, BUT dont think that West will ever change thier colours or name to suit magic That will never happen, And if it ever did I think you would find alot of long standing members leave...........

Reply #277268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754