Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings to announce seven signings today

A release today saying that the sydney kings will be signing a former australian star from the USA college system. Who could it be? Worthington most likely.

Topic #22897 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Sydney Kings to sign a Former good Aussie player ?

So, he is no longer good or no longer Australian?

Reply #276203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think he is retired from international bball

Reply #276204 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ben Pepper?

oops it said former good player...

Reply #276206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

luke kendall?

Reply #276208 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Luke Kendall or Aaron Bruce. Or maybe Feretti.

Reply #276218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Freer from the Newcastle Hunters has got the attention of the kings too. I go and watch him play every now and then and he can jump at of the gym. He is a highlight reel and he is probrably a cheap price to, which doesn't resemble his bball game.

Reply #276222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert?

Reply #276223 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

luke neville - is probably the person they are referring to.

luke kendall
luke martin
luke cooper
(no all the lukes are not a joke)
nick freer
ben knight
martin iti
... are all rumoured to have signed with the Kings

Reply #276225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when are they announcing their first singing(s)?

Reply #276231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tomorrow at a press conference in sydney which they will anncouce a number of core players for the squad in the first season back in the natonal basketbal league.

Reply #276233 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I spelt Nevill incorrectly before - apologies

Reply #276234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julian Khazzouh rrumoured too. He and Nevill would give them a good high low combination, even if vulnerable at the other end.

Reply #276235 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm still uncertain as to how he would go in the "small ball" league that is the NBL, but I would think his game would be more suited to the European leagues. I'd like to think Nevill could get some big money position in Europe, but perhaps he wants to head back to Australia?

KAzzouh could well be a signing at Sydney though, and alongside a piotential signing of Nevill, that would give them a legitimate frontline.

Reply #276243 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Could this team be renamed The Sydney Lukes instead of the kings if they are all sign with sydney

Reply #276251 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I am hoping Luke Neville returns to Australia

I am interested to see how well he can play in the NBL, He could possible be the dominant Big man the kings want to build around.

Reply #276253 | Report this post

Jawi-fi  
Years ago

Jawai, he's born in Alexandria, Sydney

Reply #276261 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

WHAT?

try Bamaga, Cape York, FNQ!

Reply #276262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with people saying Jawai is going to return, he's not!!! His girlfriend lives with him in minnesota, thats his main family and he's rolling in the dough. Why would he come back here to a low level competition and get very little $$$. Its a no brainer people! Obviously nba. Kurt Rambis likes him as a potential good bench player as he is very active on the offensive boards.

Reply #276265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey I like Jawai too but I'd almost guarantee he won't get an NBA contract again next season. In the last 4-5 games of the season crap teams like the Wolves will play their scrubs to have a look at them for the following season and Jawai finished the season in the D League.

On that fact alone I think it means the Wolves have no intention of re-signing him and if they don't considering he's gone through Toronto, Dalls & Minnesota already I highly doubt another team will bother.

I couldn't see him hanging around in the D League for a season in the hope of landing a 10 day contract with some team so think Europe or back here are the options.

Reply #276269 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

scott magregor

Reply #276272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scott mcgregor yer what a great player.(Not) Hes a ABA player if best.

Reply #276279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig Bradshaw

Reply #276284 | Report this post

Jawi-fi  
Years ago

maybe one one these players:

http://www.australiabasket.com/Australia/basketball-Players-Abroad.asp

Also Daniel Kickert

Reply #276293 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

Julian khazzouh. Ben knight and Luke Martin are a guarantee

Reply #276301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sydney Kings General Manager Bob Turner and newly-appointed head coach Ian Robilliard will be on hand to unveil seven players who have signed to form the core of the resurrected Sydney team.
Turner and Robilliard will be joined by the newest member of the Kings, a former Australian star from the US college system.

The Kings will also announce the date of their first home game, as well as confirming their home venue for the 2010/11 NBL season.
Press conference is at SEC so probably safe to read into that?

Reply #276315 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Its quite amazing that the Kings have been able to keep their signings quite secret, unlike most of the other teams..

Reply #276317 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

barlow

Reply #276318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not all that secret - solid rumours have been going around for weeks: Khazzouh, Martin, Janev, Carter, etc.

Reply #276321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

khazzouh, luke martin, luke cooper, blahoj janev, graeme dann, Taj McCullough, ben knight

(sydney morning herald)

Reply #276322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A Kings team without BJ Carter would make some people cry!

Reply #276327 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

.....just like a Sixers team without David Cooper....

Reply #276332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe former AIS annd Furman University player Alex Opacic?

Reply #276337 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cooper and Khazzouh join former Sydney Kings players Ben Knight, Luke Martin and Graeme Dann, as well as former Australian college star Blagoj Janev (also ex-Singapore Slingers) on the Kings' 2010/11 roster.
Also announced today was the signing of the Kings’ first import American, former Winthrop University standout Taj McCullough. A 201cm forward, McCullough was linked to the Washington Wizards before signing with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in the NBDL where he played 36 games averaging 17.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.4 steals. After a stint with Ironi Kfar Hamaccabia Ramat Gan in the Israeli Premier League, he signed to Latvian club VEF Riga leading them to the Baltic League Quarter Finals.
"We have a real Sydney flavour to this team, which is something we felt was absolutely essential as we work to recapture the hearts and minds of this city," said Robilliard. “We have four former Kings players and one former Razorback on the team. Blagoj Janev was born and bred in Sydney and Luke Cooper is also currently playing for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the local Waratah League.
In other news, due to high demand the Kings’ special early-bird offer on season tickets has been extended to May 31. If fans buy a season ticket by that date, they can get an adult Season Ticket for $250 or a children’s Season Ticket for $185. To receive this special discount, fans should visit www.nbl.com.au/kings.
Thoughts on the roster so far? What positions do they still need to fill?

Reply #276344 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

a few really good signings here by Sydney

The import signing of McCullough is really impressive which gives them a really good forward

Hopefully he can set the league on fire!

Reply #276347 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Awesome - they're back at the Kingdome! They've just secured themselves 2 more season ticket holders! If they were playing at Homebush there wouldn't be a chance.

Reply #276348 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Opoacic played in Macedonia this year, averaging 12p at 50% (31% 3pfg) and 6r.

Reply #276354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Graeme Dann

Reply #276378 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

wow, looks a lot like the sydney spirit team, minus matt knight and gruber who were big time producers a couple seasons ago. i cant see sydney making the playoffs

Reply #276383 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Can't say that until you see the complete roster.

Reply #276392 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Everyone is predicting Adelaide's season is already over and the sixers roster isnt complete so why cant we think that about Sydney

Reply #276399 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

They need another beast inside for this to be a legit team.

Taj can play, while they also need height at guard position. Both Luke's sub 6 foot.

Also no three point threat so expect to see carter

Overall a good start.

Reply #276400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bj carter/martin
dann/cooper
taj/Knight
Rolan Roberts/Janev
Khazzouh/Iti

Reply #276404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cooper is a pure point guard!! not a shooting guard

Reply #276405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have a cry! that will be there guard rotation though. yer its pretty oordinary.

Reply #276412 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Please, Carter at pg, Cooper at sg, Knight at sf?!!!

Reply #276419 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

Try again

Martin / Cooper
Import / Carter
Taj / Dann
Knight / Janev
Bradshaw / Khazzouh

Bradshaw & Taj played together at Winthorp.

Would be interesting if they could pick up sharp shooter like Eric Devendorf ( ex Syracuse player doing okay in NZ)

Reply #276422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer devendorfs got game.

Reply #276424 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

In the Kevin Lisch mode

Reply #276427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well in his first game in the nzbl he was one point shy of scoring a half century.

Reply #276431 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

Upset bout no BJ Carter as yet, thought he would have been a definate pen to paper, and i think Jason Smith should come outta retirement i would love to see that if Shane Heal can so can he...

Reply #276438 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

Are you for real, Heal's best days are past him. His play with the Blaze proved that. A legend in his day, and the Kings will forever be greatful for bringing our first championship. But to suggest he play now????

It would be nice to see Jason but I would suggest his legs wouldn't let him play at top level.

Would be good to see them involved in the club. Either as coaches or mentors.

Reply #276442 | Report this post

dj moby dis  
Years ago

so far i am feeling this team is a little underdone...to be honest i would of preferred having corey williams or dontaye draper don the kings colours....does this mean the kings are gonna bring in an american centre now as the other import along with Taj..taj previous stats dont sound overly impressive...i was hoping for someone with a bigger rep...lets hope Bj carter can get a spot on the roster

Reply #276447 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

Who is going to be assistant coach??

Reply #276451 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

Taj can play. He will dunk better then any previous King, including Trimingham.

Youtube it. He has ESPN highlight dunks.

This kid is a find.

We need a guard. There is enough australian bigs to pick from.

Reply #276453 | Report this post

Kings for life  
Years ago

"Robilliard conceded the Kings did not have a natural off guard, and finding a two man would be a priority for the second import spot.

"With the extension of the three point line, we are mindful of that and we're trying to find a person that can hit the three at a reasonable clip," Robilliard said.'

Recent article posted on ABC Grandstand.

Eric Devendorf looks like the best fit.

His Syracuse experience will have him ready for any media pressure Sydney brings. Plus he has a mouth not unlike Heal in his day. Perfect fit for a team looking for free publicity.

Reply #276454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recruiting cancers is never a good start (or re-start) for a franchise.

Reply #276468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So now you are calling Heal a cancer???

Reply #276482 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Eric Devendorf was contracted to the Waikato Pistons, went out after an away game in Napier, and got taken away by the cops where he spent a night at the cells. He was released by the Pistons immediately.
And he trys to tell people that he has changed and grown up from that incident at Syracuse..

Reply #276529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Robilliard unveiled the club's first seven signings on Wednesday, with five of them measuring over 201cm or above.

Topping the list of talls is 209cm former West Sydney centre Julian Khazzouh, who Robilliard described as a "franchise player."

Reply #276574 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hudson confirmed as one of Robilliard's assistants:

While the details of his appointment are yet to be finalised, Hudson was thrilled with the opportunity Robilliard had sought him out to take on.

"He nearly knocked me off my chair when he asked me," Hudson said. “I was inspired by the fact he had shown such great faith in me.

Reply #276579 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Two words... Wooden Spoon.

Reply #276591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two words..... Minor Premiers.
Go Big Khazzouh

Reply #276649 | Report this post

SOF  
Years ago

The Kings are back!
There's a hip hophop track referencing the saga:
http://www.soundsonfire.com.au/TheCoronation.mp3

www.SoundsOnFire.com.au

Reply #277915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754