Bizzy
Years ago

Rumour: Bulls Fire Del Negro

It appears the Bulls have decided to sever ties with Vinny Del Negro. It will be announced Tuesday (Wednesday in Aus)

Del Negro Fired

This off-season in the NBA not only is huge in terms of free agents but also in terms of coach hirings.

I'm wondering if any teams would offer say LeBron a contract and say you can pick your coach?

Topic #22898 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I believe there are also rumours about Pat Riley considering a coaching return too.

Del Negro did a good job with the Bulls and rode all the adversity thrown his way. However given the office staff and himself don't get along and almost resort to physical violence, it was probably a good move.

I hope Noah continues to produce the defence and energy he brings to the floor. I'm a big fan of the ugly French man.

Reply #276211 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I read the same thing about Riley - he just dodged a reporters question about coaching - would be unfortunate if he came back and kicked out Spoelstra who started as a video guy and worked his way up. He has also led a pretty average Heat team to the playoffs.

Reply #276213 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Riley has said he may go around again.

Bulls looking at Van Gundy, Byron Scott, Doug Collins and Avery Johnson apparently.

Collins would be okay, should have got the gig when VDN was hired. Maybe too close a friend with Reinsdorf though.

Byron maybe, but pretty sure he was fired for poor work ethic last job. Plus Buss will probably chase him if Jax leaves LA.

Reply #276214 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

I'd like to see both Byron Scott and Avery Johnson return to coaching. For some reason, I think Johnson would do well in Chicago.

Mind you, I don't think Del Negro did a bad job, especially since he basically had zero coaching experience. Its all fine for Paxson to fire him, but I think its time for Paxson to actually put a quality team on the floor for the Bulls instead of this 40 wins, 1 and out thing they've been doing for five years.

Reply #276224 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Sam Mitchell - should never have been fired.

Reply #276270 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

yeah, great captain of Hawthorn!

Reply #276285 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Riley is sweating bullets over Wade. Sadly though, Wade will join Chicago with his choice of coach now. Go Bulls.

Reply #276311 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why do you think that Moses?

I read that all Wade wanted is another decent big man with him.
Hope you are correct though, imagine that back court!

lol, Rose who never gets a call, and D.Whistle !

Reply #276324 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

DB5, he's Chicago born and bred, family are all still in Chicago, Miami stink, Chicago are one 2-guard away from being the best team in the league, the Heat have done nothing to give Wade a decent team, and the Heat have pink in one of their many uniforms. Couple this with the fact that I'm a Bulls man and it couldn't be clearer from where I sit. Plus .... hasn't he already signed with the Bulls?

OK, maybe I'm just dreaming. Time will tell.

Reply #276413 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

I like that proposal Moses!!! Go BULLS!!! Bring in Wade and Slick Pat Riley and watch the wins start flowing in!!!

Reply #276432 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah I knew all that Moses, and I am as hopeful as you are, just thought you had some substance to it..

Although that pic is pretty good proof. lol

Reply #276480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754