clarky
Years ago

Tovey signs with Wildcats

Just released at a press conference, Cameron Tovey has become the 9th member of the Perth Wildcats

Via Twitter

@perthwildcats: Would like to welcome Cameron Tovey to the Perth Wildcats!!

Topic #22908 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

damm it! well our under 24yr old player has to be big hopefully!

Reply #276358 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

There goes Matty Neilson! :)

Reply #276359 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Matt Nielsen was NEVER signing with Perth, who ever said that was making up a story

Reply #276360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt wagstaff under 24

Reply #276370 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I dont think Wagstaff is anymore, Someone told me recently he will just miss out from being eligible

Reply #276371 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

How old is Tovey? I thought 23

Reply #276372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

weigh, tovey, wagstaff are all ineligible as 24 about to turn 24.

bevo needs aus under 24 but has said unlikely to be a centre due to unavailability of suitable players

according to nickmarvin twitter

Reply #276376 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Thats a big problem for the Cats taht leaves us with no back up centre and the one we have isnt a real centre to begin with.

Reply #276379 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

that not taht Sorry

Reply #276382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

weigh is 23

Reply #276386 | Report this post

wildscooby  
Years ago

weigh turns 24 Feb 28th (Date of Birth 28/02/1987)

An adjustment to what used to be known as the Young Australian Player rule will see all teams required to have one Australian or New Zealand player under the age of 24 as one of their 10 contracted players (for the 2010/11 season they must have been born after 1 April 1987).

...so as i said earlier... weigh ineligible

Reply #276391 | Report this post

tsp  
Years ago

didnt he retire

Reply #276398 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

He did retire to become an accountant as he beleived he couldnt do both at the same time but Perth hav offered him the oppurtunity to do so good luck to him!

Reply #276402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aaron baynes, brock motum, ater majok, cody ellis, joe ingles and a young import are all possibilties for the wildcats. But for me, no back to back championships instead i think the wooden spoon will be there highlight for the season.

Reply #276411 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

The wooden spoon ? Are u kidding ? We have kept most of our team bar schencher and catalini (Rogers barely played ) . Catalini will be hard to replace . Tovey will do alright in that regards but it just means weigh and wagstaff will have better years. Shencher did nothing for us and looked like he didn't even wanna be there , and we get Matt knight who is going to a better replacement for a slow slug of a seven footer in this faster nbl . And he obviously doesn't take up as many points , so therefore we can get a better import than young . Or we may even get home boy Luke Neville ( take Paul Rogers spot as well . Goldcoast Perth and Townsville for me have made improvements the biggest SO FAR but there is a longs way to go before the season bit Perth could look like this not sure about points but ...
1. Martin / Robbins
2. Lisch / weigh
3. Redhage/ tovey
4. Marty knight /import (young)*
5. Neville / wagstaff

Or that import may be that young Aussie we need . And I'm guessing on the points too if someone just wants to tell me how much that is , much appreciated .

Reply #276420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is no under 24 player in that team

Reply #276430 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Read what I wrote at the bottom ... So therefore instead of Neville we get younger player . Baynes . And then import

Reply #276434 | Report this post

Widg  
Years ago

There us only one spot left and that he has to be U24

Reply #276450 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Jacob

Did we forget someone Drew Williamson maybe ?

From what i understand we are not after a import Bevo wants to go in with 1 import and if any thing happens injury wise there can be a quick fix just like last year with Rogers and in came young .

Reply #276471 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Cats will keep their second import spot vacant in case injury hits during the season.

Reply #276580 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754