Hungry
Years ago

Definition of Ball Hog?

What is every one's definition of a ballhog ? There is a lot of discussion re certain players as to whether they are selfish or greedy just because they score 20 points plus, don't pass the ball and don't play D. What do people think ? I know most teams have 1-2 main players but where does 1 draw the line ?

Topic #22965 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

Players that consistently overlook a better option IMO. If you're getting the job done though, keep shooting.

Reply #277167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron James

Reply #277169 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

in my personal opinion look at a couple of the dire moments in a sixers game when Brad Hill had the ball. trying to go through 2 players when his own team mates were open. in saying that he does pass it around alot but im just stating he had a few moments of it which im sure everyone saw.

Reply #277170 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

wtf LeBron!!??

If LeBron is not a hog his team gets blown out by 30.

Reply #277173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping this thread was refering to a sequel to wild hogs, starring stephon marbury, steve francis, allen iverson & antoine walker!

Reply #277180 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Anyone who isn't the PG holding the ball for more than 10 seconds of the shot clock.

If the PG holds on to the balls for more than 14 seconds, then classify them as the ball hog.

Anon basically listed the Poster children for this statement.

Reply #277201 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

a person that scores over 20 and fouls less than 3 times have a look at stats meaning scorer that does not play defence

Reply #277206 | Report this post

djmojo  
Years ago

kobe has never met a shot he doesn't like........

Reply #277211 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Lotum, so you're saying Brett Maher didn't play D?

Reply #277217 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

Billo I thought he played D and lets put in the category at least 5 assists

Reply #277225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Aside from NBA players, let's try not to make this personal.)

Reply #277233 | Report this post

chops  
Years ago

LeBron and Kobe for sure. I hate watching those two.
As for your comment Juror 12, his team probably gets blown out by 30 because they are in shock that he's actually passing it (although I can't recall a game when this has happened).
I enjoyed watching Game 5 on Wednesday and watching him choke shot after shot. He is the true definition of a douche bag!

Reply #277237 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Jarrad Hurley

hahah

well Im averaging about 16 points 8 boards? but I shoot alot... haha

Reply #277266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball Hog : A talented player who works hard to develop his/her individual skills and as a result uses the ball more. Causes jealousy among the mediocres who will then discuss it forums. A player with balls.

Reply #277270 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Someone who shoots lees than 40% from the field has no business jacking up shot's and is therefore a ball hog!

Reply #277309 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

A player who refuses to give up the ball at the right time.

Reply #277328 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

MOPPA:

I have a player on my team who is a shit shooter, never gets em takes maybe 2 shots a game misses both 0% from the field! Must Be a Ballhog.

Also on Lebron, Not a ball hog, when he gets a triple double he is obviously not hogging the ball. 10 assists = 20 points at least that he basically created!

Reply #277329 | Report this post

SJ  
Years ago

Brad Hill

Reply #277373 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Career Field Goal Attempts Per Game Average -

Michael Jordan - 22.9
Allen Iverson - 21.8
LeBron James - 20.8
Kobe Bryant - 19.3
Larry Bird - 19.3

HOGS!!!

Reply #277401 | Report this post

hawksfan  
Years ago

brad hill!

Reply #277403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What Junga fails to mention is that Michael Jordan hit just under 50% of those 22.9 Field goal attempts per game. Also averaged 5.3 assists per game across his career. Hard to call that a Ball Hog.

Reply #277404 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

What Anonymous fails to mention is that LeBron hits around 48% and averages 7.0 assists across his career. Hard to call LeBron a ball hog. But many of us like to anyway. But Jordan was cool though, we all liked him a lot.

Reply #277410 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754