Westside Story
Years ago

Big Mover Reserves Champion Club

Overall Reserve Champion Club

Sturt 34
Forestville 20
Magic 13

Magic have to be very pleased - considering how few teams actually play in Div 2 we have really seen dev of a new power club. Secret to success here being hard work.Think Magic have right to be asking for admission to higher levels - were people as impressed as appears to be by the results.

Topic #22991 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Won't they be part of West soon?

Reply #277597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They pay full fees etc, then they have the right to play higher

Reply #277604 | Report this post

Westside Story  
Years ago

Jack youre so far off the mark - the progress made by Magic should be celebrated - basketball benefits.

Reply #277607 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Magic are a strong club and I a not taking that away. From several threads hear, we hear that they will be merging

Reply #277608 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

BSA will not accept anymore then 10 member clubs, So magic has no chance

We already have the 10 clubs so there best bet is to take over another club eg West or Woodville

Reply #277616 | Report this post

I think  
Years ago

Based on what you have said Jack if Magic are looking to merge its probably because they can't get the higher divisions from the association. So they look at other options so their players can play higher grades especially the ones that deserve it.

Reply #277617 | Report this post

sturt hater  
Years ago

i hear sturt are broke they could always merge with them ;-))

Reply #277625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt broke? That is about as funny as saying Magic are strong!

Reply #277662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm but surely these Div 2 teams would be playing in state comp if they were a member club - I think that means no points if that was the case!!!

Reply #277670 | Report this post

tars  
Years ago

Western Magic will never become a div 1 club they will struggle in a div 1 comp and now that warriors are at St clair were will their home court be.
And from what i have heard players leave to play for magic cause they want to have fun playing with their mates

Reply #277689 | Report this post

Pick me  
Years ago

Wood and west must hate this 10 years ago those magic teams that won would have been div 1 at woodville and west.

Reply #277694 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

It would be nice if the person's who run this thread put a lock on this topic before it get's out of hand again like all the other topic's about Western Magic.
Getting very sick and tired of it when you are not suppose to bag and degrade clubs.

Well done to Western Magic for getting 3rd overall in the Reserve Club Champion's.

Reply #277695 | Report this post

Ariel 75  
Years ago

By that thinking Sturt should have 2 Div 1 teams as they dominated div 2.

Reply #277810 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ariel 75, Don't even start.......

Reply #277811 | Report this post

Ariel 75  
Years ago

Why, cause they might beat some div 1 clubs.

Reply #277812 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

Beating a puffed out chest.
Flinging your own dung.
Ariel 75 must be a chimp

Seriously though, if BSA have ordained only 10 clubs and that is it, then Western Magic should seriously consider their next step. They are strong in the two's and three's, good on them, but if I was playing for them I would want to push to that next level. It could only make the neighbours stronger if they did merge. That is what the competition needs to improve the players from SA, not having two div 1 teams from a particular club.

Reply #277897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754