TR
Years ago

Utah v Oklahoma

At the 1/2 Utah is up 30 to 21.

Bogut has played the entire 20 minutes so far, and has had a slow scoring night, but has pulled in 8 boards. He has only scored 2 points on 1/3.

Only 3 shots for a 20 minute period, not enough for a projected No 1 pick.

Topic #2300 | Report this topic

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Bit rough TR.

He's being thugged around by the OU bigs (they are in foul trouble because of this tactic) and he's always got 3 or 4 around him, even before he gets it (that's why the Utes opened up with three 3s). The good thing is he's still a presence on the glass, he's throwing some awesome passes and he's being a vocal leader.

He needs to be a more aggressive in the second half, but as long as they get the win, it doesn't matter how many points he gets.

Reply #26031 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hey Liam, not ripping our Aussie boy, just saying that he deserves more than 3 shots in 20 minutes. 8 boards, which include 4 offensive is great against the Oklahoma bangers.

They must be fouling him away from the ball and playing decent denial defence as he has only been to the line once.

Needs to learn to get banged around a fair bit. Next year I don't think the powerforwards or centres of the NBA will be making it easy for him.

Reply #26032 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

12:00 mark in the second period. Utah up 44 to 30.

Bogut is still banging the boards, and has just notched his 10th. 5 d and 5 o

Fingers crossed, but things are looking good for a trip to the next round and a possible date with Kentucky and Cinci.

Reply #26033 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is a interesting stat, at the 12:58 mark Oklahoma has been shooting bricks..... 11/41 (27%) and 1-12 from behind the arc.

On the other hand, Utah has been shooting at 50%, 14/28 and 5/8 (63%) from 3 point territory.

Reply #26034 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Utah is through to the next round, 67 to 58.

Bogut ended up with a double double, 10 points and 11 rebounds in 40 minutes.

Hello Kentucky or Cinci.

Reply #26037 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

TR, he also had 7 assists which equalled his career high. He only took 7 shots. Some people would say he wasn't aggressive enough. I reckon he demonstrated he has a great all round game and places wins ahead of self. He also held Bookout to 4 pts.

If anything this game may have boosted his NBA stocks than decreased it.

Reply #26063 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

There was two things about Bogut that I saw in today's game that I never realised before.

1) He is such a vocal leader, in fact he is more vocal with the other players then the coach at times! I'm not sure this was shown on the telecast, but in the second half when Jackson (Utes PG) was giving a good enough effort, Bogut just chewed him out in a huddle. It was awesome! He is definately got leadership qualities.

2) He is such a disciplined defender. He never leaves his feet on D, he blocks out every posession and does a great job of containing the dribbler if he is caught on a switch with an opposing teams guard.

Great game from the big fella.

Reply #26068 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Andy's agressive enough, he just got smashed about by some huge bodies. I'm also led to believe that he committed 0 turnovers, and had 1 blocked shot. Nice overall game, but it's the NCAA, as long at the Utes keep on winning it's all gonna help Andy's claim on the No 1 pick.

The stat of the whole game......

Oklahoma took 29 more than shots than the Utes, but made just 21-of-66. Utah hit 59 percent from the floor and 64 percent from the line.

Another interesting thing, Boston College just got knocked out...

Reply #26069 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bogut does all the little things that many people don't see, his boxing out, as Liam said, his movement on D, especally when he is required on the help.

His court vision is freakish, and some of the cutters he hit, damn, any PG would be proud of some of those passes. His spacing on the court is great, but the best thing is his attitude.

He's not scared to chew out his players, and reading the write up on the game, the coach during a huddle told Bogut that the team will put him in a position to score........

Andy's reply was something like "we are winning, screw my score" They don't call him Awesome Aussie in Utah for nothing......

Reply #26071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754