Anonymous
Years ago

Zac Delaney leaves Pioneers

Tiny guard Zac Delaney has departed the Pioneers this week to return to Wollongong.

Lack of opportunities seemed a big reason but who knows, anyone like to elaborate?

Topic #23007 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

His father Gimli was struggling to build the yellow brick road by himself so Zac needs to come help him and if Zac couldn't help his dad then he would be working for Willy Wonka.

Reply #277828 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Maybe he wanted to see his mum, Delvine?

Reply #277829 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Seriously though, is his departure in any way resembling a similar scenario that found Kevin Smith packing his bags and ending up in Mildura?

Reply #277833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definately lack of oppurtuniy, why would the young fella hang around in a town where he doesnt play, probably doesnt work, and is probably not even paid enough to live off, probably a smart decision by zac in the end, wish him all the best back in wollongong with the hawks next year

Reply #277834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is definately something that is not being seen here, probably troubles with the coach aswell, i mean the coach has been nothing but a problem since day 1, but who knows

Reply #277836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that the coach who just got 3 wins in a row?

Reply #277839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definite problems with the coach and the club. Was promised things that weren't provided such as a job. Question is though why would the coach bring in a guy to sit on the bench? What is the point?

Reply #277862 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

no height no talent

Reply #277869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard it was because he was sick of listening to Jenkins talk about himself...

Reply #277880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definate problems with the club right now and the coach is not all to blame but difinately most, , i heard about things like not having a job was a problem, but 100% agree why bring a young kid like that here not to play him,or let him make any money, thats a waste of anyones time, he has no hieght, but he must have talent to be where he is being only 19

Reply #277882 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

he totally lucked out with his position. all the development players for the hawks in the past 4 years have all been part of the same age group from a particular rep team, theyre just taking turns warming the bench. he played for Wollongong Uni at last years unigames and was hardly effective against average defense. the right place at the right time rather than any real talent scouting.

Reply #277884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do people actually try at uni games? isnt it just for a good time? he will be fine, good on him for getting out of mount gambier the organisation over the last few years has been poor, the club really needs to get back on track, goodluck to him and the hawks again next season

Reply #277886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Summers the Snake, that's the new nickname I'd give him

Reply #277895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

less than 2 points a game won't get the job done either

Reply #277930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not being in the rotation never helped him, he got screwed hard, goodluck to zac with the hawks again next year, they had a great result last year

Reply #277965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another win to the problem coach

Reply #277974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks to Andrews wife for the game result. A win to problem coach, not the players

Reply #277980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah it always seems to be about the problem coach, when will the pioneers do themselves a favour and sack this clown, he is destroying this clubs name

Reply #277996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they are winning like never befor and the coach is the problem? why is that?

Reply #278016 | Report this post

Vesta57  
Years ago

I'm no fan of the coach but don't blame him for taking the club down the porcelain. The board of directors was doing a great a great job of that before he came and will continue to do so if and when he moves on. And believe me he will move on, seen the type over and over again.
The guys that have left weren't promised any decent minutes from the outset, but I strongly suspect they thought they would be given an opportunity to show something to earn a spot in the rotation.
Yes they have had 3 wins on the trot, 2 of those at home and good on them, I won't begrudge the win.
I do however strongly dislike the courtside behaviour and it's about time the refs grew a set and tech him for the constant abuse and intimidation.

Reply #278162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must be at different games because from what I have seen the coach's "antics" are no different to most other coaches. I have also seen on a number of occasions when a player is about to start mouthing off or whinging to a ref, him tell that player in uncertain terms to get back and play D, and forget about the refs.

Reply #278546 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

i agree summerville is no different to most coaches. ignore vesta 57. he/she obviously holds a personal grudge against the coach. just read older posts.

Reply #278560 | Report this post

Gheorge Muresan  
Years ago

I haven't really taken an interest in the Pioneers this season after I witnessed first hand the unbelievable display of arrogance from former coach Ray de Wit the past two seasons.
I have been to a couple of games though and seen an extremely empty Icehouse!
I do feel sorry for the guys who go out there each week and play in front of 100 people.
I totally blame the former coach for the complete lack of support for the team, as he is solely responsible for many people turning their back on the club as a whole.
As for this season, the club has again done what it has for many years - made empty promises to recruits to get them to sign here. Why else would players come??
They are enticed by the endless promises of a good job, great minutes, a packed stadium and other benefits such as a car and whatever else they feel like mentioning during negotiations!
The coach is trying to forge his own identity with the players, but losing 3 guys from the roster already is a disaster and proves things are not working...can or is the coach willing to actually give the players a bit of a voice? Is he willing to give them some freedom on the court?
The teams that are given this freedom always perform much better than those being controlled every step of the way.

Reply #279673 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

In a word George.
No!
Don't say too much, or the ticket box mafia will be on to you as well.

Reply #279695 | Report this post

Gheorge Muresan  
Years ago

Thanks for the tip Vesta 57. I don't think I'd have any worries if I again returned to the Icehouse and it would actually give them one more person in the stands and I think they'd do almost anything for that!

Reply #280106 | Report this post

wizzel08  
Years ago

Kevin Smith 52 points and 16 rebounds in one game on the weekend. NICE

Reply #280570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754