Jack Toft
Years ago

R9 ABL Action

Another big round as we complete the first half of the draw. Some teams looking good, some still in it, and others need to think about the next season.

Flames-Eagles @ MARS
Men: % separates these teams. Riley is having a stellar season and Coops is back for the Flames in his 3rd game. Should be a goodie and could go either way. Three pointers will decide and likely to be Flames at home.
Women: MOTR. Eagles have a bit more form and should squeeze a win away. Foul shots will decide the game.

Sabres-Rockets @ Pasadena
Men: Jacob will be dining out tonight. Rockets lack the umph to get the win. Sabres by around 15.
Women: Rockettes need to work hard against the Sabres, but Sabres might get out of 3rd gear if they have to.

Bearcats-Tigers @ Port
M: It'll be a long drive home for the TIgers, Bearcats too strong at home.
W: Tigeresses can pull off an upset win, but for that to happen Sam needs to get the flu, Nikita needs her car to breakdown, and Trudy needs to go to the wrong stadium. Unlikely.

Warriors-Mavs @ St Clair
M: Both looking for wins to stay in touch with the final 5. Warriors have had some close ones at home. Mavs a bit shaky away from home. If Warriors get the jump early, in with a chance.
W: The Tess Madgen show rolls into town. Warrior women (aka Amazons) carry the form into the game. Lady Mavs will hate me, but the Amazons are on a high and should be too strong at home.

Panthers-Lions @ Marion
M: A loss for the Lions means the last nail in their coffin. If Panthers can organise a hammer, they might be in with a chance to win the game, otherwise the Lions will rip them apart to keep their faint hopes alive. Can the Panthers organise a hammer?
W: Good game by Lions against Sturt and one of their last wins was against South. First time Charlie is against her old team. Last year she chalked up 106 turnovers, this year only 9. Season is over for Lions, but they might get an upset win - possible against South?

Topic #23008 | Report this topic

The Banker  
Years ago

Flames-Eagles @ MARS
Men: Eagles
Women: Eagles

Sabres-Rockets @ Pasadena
Men: Sturt (Jacob to record a triple double)
Women: Sturt

Bearcats-Tigers @ Port
M: Bearcats
W: Bearcats

Warriors-Mavs @ St Clair
M: Mavericks
W: Mavericks (Tess will score 40+ points)

Panthers-Lions @ Marion
M: Lions
W: South

Reply #277840 | Report this post

My peeps  
Years ago

Sam Woosnam is away overseas till the start of June.

Perhaps the tigers may have a better chance given their state champs win in the U21's??

Eagles vs. Norwood Round is the GOTW for sure!!

Reply #277846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tess may get 50, certainly no fouls, but none of the others will touch the ball

Reply #277867 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tess is shooting machine but with reduced minutes this season must be averaging at exceptional rate - think her eyes will be lighting up this week but wearriors might surprise are improvers. Eagles flames could be grand final prelude - eagles too much depth. RILEY is a Gun

Reply #277871 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

Another great write up "Jack Toft"

Look forward to them.

Also some of your wording are GOLD!

Reply #277874 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

I agree that the Southern Tigresses could beat Westies with their current form and an absent Sam. Can someone please explain though how they can have a player play for their U21 side and play for Flinders Uni Div3W at the same time, with Sportingpulse stats to prove the same?

Reply #277896 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Not that I know the exact By Law on this, but I do remember it being okay when Brad Hill started playing ABL for Mavericks, while he was still playing juniors for Sturt.
Also, I assume it has to work that way, so that Juniors at AIS can come back and play for their District Clubs

Reply #277901 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I beleive there is some sort of exception that some clubs can give to allow players to play for uni teams instead of the district club

Reply #277909 | Report this post

Strange  
Years ago

Does anyone else find it strange that last month the Central ABA appointed a Media Coordinator, however the website still doesn't include a write up from last round OR any preview for this round?

Its the Friday morning before the weekends games! Cmon now!

Reply #277912 | Report this post

Grannymae  
Years ago

No its BSA.

I would be suprised if they did finish what they started.

Reply #277914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will there be nets on the rings this weekend?

Reply #277919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good write up (maybe you could do the job for bsa)

Reply #277983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, "YOU WERE WRONG"!!! (Thanks Chocco)

Mavs spanked Woodville's women by 41 pts.

Reply #278015 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I WAS wrong

Reply #278018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any other results???

Reply #278019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern women beat West by a couple, pity live stats aren't running this weekend to see other results.

Reply #278022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt women over north by 3, big three on the buzzer to do it aswell.

Reply #278023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754