Triton 15
Years ago

Zone! Nothing to be afraid of.

Ah anonymous, long have i heard your cries from the stands and now from the forums, for you are the loudest anonymous, but it wasnt always that way, was it. Do you remember the young man from Pooraka who was ruck rover for the local footy team? Who's broad smile could be seen everywhere in the local community, each weekend you used to help your friends and relatives in any way you could. Why you even had a run with the local District Basketball team and your parents were somewhat chuffed with their young anonymous making his way in the world.
Can you remember when you finished university and your first job was over the other side of town, it mattered not,soon marriage and children were born you continued to live and prosper in your cherished local enviroment.Ah yes, life was good anonymous.
But then things began to change anonymous , first your wage increased and you bought a house in the inner suburbs and you changed jobs for even more money, and why you thought shouldnt you change basketball clubs ,to the winning club! Yes anonymous you now had it all you had become a winner.
Your children would only play with the winning club and would have the best in everything, you wouldnt tolerate anything less. They would go to SASI trainings whether they wanted to or not, you would travel anywhere to provide for them.
When your first born had their own little anonymous, how proud you would be when they too would go to the winning club. You were shocked to find that they were allowed to do what they like and make up their own minds what to play and that your little anonymous didnt actually want to be dragged from stadium to stadium for that one state singlet and that their little anonymous wouldnt suffer the same fate that they had.
Where did you go wrong you pondered for years, but then something amazing happened, a little anonymous started playing for the local community teams and he was pretty good and the smile came that was lost seemingly for ever. And some seemed to remember that smile, why isnt that anonymous do you think, it cant be, why yes it is another little anonymous finding his own way in the world, just as you had all those years ago, you needed no guarantees, no protections you stood on your own two feet and made your own way in the world.
Can you remember that smiling young man from all those years ago anonymous? I can and how society mourns his passing.

Topic #23034 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

have another bong

Reply #278113 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

I have no idea what any of this means, but I'm sure it's very interesting.

On a side note, can we get breathalysers attached to laptops?

Reply #278153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You lost me at hello

Reply #278165 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Everyone please welcome Stephon Marbury to the Hoops SA forum.

Stephon likes Basketball, himself and Vaseline.

Reply #278179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754