DB5
Years ago

Ex NBL player may get NBA head coaching gig

Ex NBLer Chris Jent is in the running for Cleveland's head coaching gig next year.

Jent has been working with the Cavs as Lebron's shooting coach for the last 4 years, and has been instrumental in improving James' accuracy.

'If LeBron stays,' a source familiar with James said, 'Jent could wind up as the team's new head coach.'

Wow, did not see this coming! Also on a side note, I did not realize that he had coached a NBA team previously.
The 6-7 California native then began an NBA sidelines odyssey that crescendoed when he succeeded Johhny Davis as interim coach of the Orlando Magic for the final 18 games of the 2004-05 season. Under Jent's direction, the Magic finished 5-13.

http://linky.com.au/qy6if

Topic #23046 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I did not know this either! Good work!

Reply #278271 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

one of the sweetest shots to grace the NBL. Could Anstey be called up to be his assistant :)

Reply #278279 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Was a fine player in the NBL and also might have been one of the most combustible players ever to grace our shores.

I always maintained that he was an example of how right place right time the NBA really is... Never understood why he never stuck over there - even as a bench ornament...

Reply #278343 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

That means brett Brown brought out & coached now congressman Arnie duncan & potential head coach Jent. Maybe he does have an eye for talent!

Reply #278432 | Report this post

MAD0443  
Years ago

Chris Jent was the best import ever to grace these shores. I know this is a big call but he was a complete player able to defend all positions in Australia and when he played with the Giants even though they lost the final to perth he allowed Brett Brown to play man. He was unlucky in college as when recruited he was promised to be looked after and that they were going to base the team around him and then the next year they went and recruited Jim Jackson in the same position and built the team around him!

Reply #278531 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jent was a very talented player who was a hot head who regularly had brain fades, and let his team down because of it.

But on talent alone, that D-Mac and Jent import duo was pretty good, because Jent could sure shoot it, and D-Mac could sure as hell pass it!!

Reply #278535 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

And LeBron's gardener is the assistant coach.
And the the guy who washes LeBrons cars is the towel handing out guy as well.

Reply #278542 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like a serious appointment to me. If they go for Jent, they're effectively saying they're happy for Lebron to run the team. Surely you look for an experienced coach with a good NBA track record when you're a contender?

Reply #278746 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754