ringlord
Years ago

What's up with Western Magic now?

Will MAGIC MERGE WITH WEST ADELAIDE SINCE MERGE NEGOTIATIONS WITH WOODVILLE WARRIORS FINISHED UNSECCSESFULLY?

Topic #23047 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unseccsesfully? lol

I assume you mean "unsuccessfully"...

Reply #278278 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

CAPS LOCK is not necessary.

The future of Western Magic has been discussed many times on here and it is probably something it is best to watch and wait.

Personally, I would like to see them stay as a standalone club and I would actually prefer there were about half a dozen Magics and Cougars playing in Div 2.

Reply #278283 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Western magic are doomed to be Div 3 or below club - nobody wants to affiliate with them.Best option surely is Woodville - who are still co-tenants. A pity as need to rationlise clubs western side adelaide is no brainer. Progressive admins need to work together build and build.Starts from BSA.

Reply #278336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My kids play div2 for south,but whenever they get to see Magics strips they cant stop going on about how cool the strips look-ok they are power fans -so that might have somthing to do with it.Come on basketball sa let this team play in higher divisions ,for god sakes yesterday i looked up the club fixtures, and saw they have 24 teams. Now in my books that looks pretty healthy-good on you magic may there be more clubs like you all over Adelaide.

Reply #278381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've got it the wrong way around Anon, Magic didn't want to be associated with Woodville. Fact.

Reply #278429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic wanted woodville to change there name, colours and uniforms! just wasnt gonna happen, and in the end the members didnt want it to go ahead.

Reply #278485 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

I didn"t know that magic set such unusual terms,i thought that they would become a massive woodville warriors club.By the way how long have they been around?

Reply #278492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They wanted west to change too, I dont think that will ever happen ( who do they think they are) Magic are just a social club made up from ex woodville players

Reply #278500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO, you people have got it sooo wrong!

Reply #278503 | Report this post

Magican  
Years ago

Got it so wrong ????????????- magic wanted to merge magic dont want to merge. To be or not to be a Warrior or Bearcat thats the question ??
Some do some dont.
Issue bit like King of Sweden - LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN. It's dead.

Reply #278510 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Man who remembers the good old days of the Western Magic, Even I played for them back in a day, When they were WestStars Magic. And we had Aqua and Purple. Good days they were. Let them play in DIV 2 if they win the playoffs like any other club

Reply #278529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic never wanted to merge, they wanted to form an association with Woodville i.e. both clubs keeping div 3-5 as their own, therefore keeping their identities. Woodville wanted full merge, in effect taking over Magic. Magic members were totally against the idea, so said "no thanks".

Reply #278539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn"t basketball sa want another club in the western part of adelaide,why not. If they can flag 24 teams this year isnt that wierd? By the way whats up with the Maverics and why dont they play country basketball instead of district. Who in their right mind wants to travel to the hills for a game on a friday night? Shame on you basketball sa for not letting this club compete in higher divisions,no wonder netball is more popular than bball their managment wouldnt be so stupid to try to ruin a club like this.

Reply #278553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree with the statement above,with that many teams they should be given a chance.What is the alternative since nobody wants to merge with them?

Reply #278609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for the comment that states that the club is made up ex-woodville players maybe that is a fact,but i also know of players that came from North Adelaide ,and they love it at Magic. So mr woodvillian get your head out of your arse and see that this is a great club like your own,let them play in higher divisions and enjoy the rivalry between the clubs.Be proud that the west of our city has 3 clubs in the comp.

Reply #278610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that the Warriors have moved into stClair ,how about Magic moving into the dome.Now that would be a counter punch,if not i see a wedding ahead for the two . Woodville Magic sounds good to my ears.

Reply #278622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic wanted to form an association. Who came up with this wierd idea,what happens if a player changes divisions inbetween seasons? Would they need to have 2 sets of uniforms?

Reply #278678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA came up with that idea. And Woodville were in agreeance until their committee imploded.

Reply #278682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the question is why do no-one want to merge with them???

Reply #278683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic must die for Woodville to live.2 clubs at StClair just will not work.

Reply #278685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over the last few seasons Magics junior teams have had some outstanding results concidering that most of the coaches are parents,imagine what they would be like if they had access to aba players training their teams.

Reply #278691 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

RIP WOODVILLE HAHAHAHA

Reply #278695 | Report this post

ariel 67  
Years ago

anon,

but then their fees would double from having to subsidise an aba team and they would lose their competitive advantage.

Reply #278699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do not agree that the 10 ABA clubs should be able to place teams in div1&2 just because they can.Why cant we let Magic have a team in at least div2 across all age groups,ok if during the summer season they are at the bottom of the group-kick them out to a lower division.Right now we have the top half div 3 teams being stronger than the bottom half of div2 in most age groups,same with most div2 teams.GET RID OF THE PRIVLEGES AND MAKE THEM FIGHT FOR THEIR SPOTS,then just see how much the divs would improove-this system is unjust and only makes it aeay for the big 4 clubs{and we all know who they are}!

Reply #278787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With 24 teams, Magic won't die as some hope. At worst they will become a div 3-5 club and have everyone whinge that they are dominating because they are not allowed to play the higher divs. Maybe then something will have to change.

Reply #278807 | Report this post

gg  
Years ago

Torrens valley have been in the comp longer than magic and over the years have had some good teams but when players find out that they can never play div 1 they move to a club that can, so if any club should move up to div 1/2 it should be them as they have been in the comp alot longer than the magic, And when the good magic players wake up and want to play at a higher div they will move too.

Reply #278812 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Some kids are happy just to be stars at Div 2 rather than an average player in Div 1.

Magic and Torrens Valley have their places

Reply #278825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GET RID OF THE PRIVLEGES AND MAKE THEM FIGHT FOR THEIR SPOTS,then just see how much the divs would improove-this system is unjust and only makes it aeay for the big 4 clubs{and we all know who they are}!

anon, I think you'll find the clubs you are trying to pot(aka the "big 4") would agree with you! It would be the less strong member clubs that would fight you tooth and nail - THEY are the clubs that would be (generally) filling these spots that Magic/TV would take, not the Forestvilles/Sturts/Norwoods.

Reply #278836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see that Torrens valley have 11 teams accross all age groups with no under 10or12s and no girls teams at all.Now how can you compare that to Western Magics juniors who are large in numbers and are giving that club a lifeline for the future.They have even had to keep some kids out of play till next year because they cant find teams for them-being that the existing ones have 10 players already,Magic are ticking all the right boxes its just up to BasketballSA to give them a fair go.

Reply #278854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How could the Maverics and Lions be given the green light to compete in the ABA after 5 years of existance and with less than 10 teams per club? And now Magic has been around for a lot longer than that with a whopping 24 teams,and they are not allowed even to play at least in div2 accross all age groups.Shame on basketball sa,what do they have to do at least for that minimum privelage ,wait till they have more teams than anybody else or maybe take it up with the states top sporting body?

Reply #278856 | Report this post

Boom Town  
Years ago

We Don not need more Clubs, in fact the best size would be 8 clubs in Adelaide.

We simply don't have the population to support it, nor the infrastructure from BSA to sustain or grow the game.

I have been involved for 40 years in this state and there has never been 10 strong clubs at one time... NEVER.

We don't need 3 western suburbs clubs.

Sort yourselves out over there will you!

Reply #278858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey boom town you must work for BASA aye? Ive heard the main dude there is a Forrestville coach,isnt that just conveinient.That being said good on ringlord for post in this forum for with it we can see that the shit has realy hit the fan.Totaly agre with one of the above comments that Maverics and even Lions should be playing country basketball,then you will have 8 teams mr BASA man.Lay off Magic;go the teal and whites show em all your might-jealous basterds out to ruin a ripper club for the self promotion of the big 4. Other clubs should form a break away leauge all to the tune of WHO LET THE DOGS OUT. By the way piss of boom town.

Reply #278865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Torrens valley=11 teams ,Central districts lions= 24 teams,Western Magic = 24 teams.come on Adelaide basketball comunity whats fair is fair givem a chance.BOOM TOWN says he has been around basketball in Adelaide for 40 years,maybe he hasnt noticed that in that time the city's population has more than doubled and it will so in the next 40-so stop with the stupid excuses and make bball a top sport and stop with the sustainabilaty bullcrap nothing in it but scaremongering.Maybe BOOM TOWN saw the film 2012 and is giving up on the future,man youve obvie sly played a bit give others a chance also! My child plays for woodville and i was against the plan with Magic,but i would never want to see their dimise, May the west be best in bball in this city.

Reply #278873 | Report this post

mmm  
Years ago

Maybe the population has doubled, but to have 3 clubs so close together is a joke and the population is not that big in the west, the biggest growth is in the north and south. So you would only get kids moving between Woodville,West and magic and that is not going to help basketball grow (same kids differnt clubs) If the magic kids are good enough to play div one ,Then move to a div 1 club and if they dont want to leave magic stay playing div 3. And torrens valley would of had alot more teams by now,but all thier good players wanted to play div 1 so they moved ....And when the good magic players want to play div 1 they will move too....

Reply #278878 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That being said good on ringlord for post in this forum for with it we can see that the shit has realy hit the fan.
FWIW, this post and the original ringlord post are from the same IP. Doesn't guarantee anything but make of that what you will.

Reply #278881 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

Yeh good one ISAAC.

Reply #278897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointing Isaac and unprofessional

Reply #278911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So,are negotiations still on between Warriors & Magic or have they parted ways with each other forever? If so i see a very fat Bearcat in the making soon.

Reply #278925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If a western Magic side had lets say 60 kids in one age group only 20 may play div1/2,the rest are all div3 and under thats 40 juniors playing in crap leauge. Now if Magic was allowed to play div 1/2 ,there would be 40 juniors in those divisions-with 20 left for div3. First of all can you imagine how many Magic kids would be chosen to play in higher divs considering that most warriors have played together since under 10s.Now imagine a Magic player amongst them-i bet thry would be treated like shit.Amalgamation isnt the answer at all open your eyes people.

Reply #278978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors/ Western Magic domestic comp at stclair WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF,but still no association?

Reply #279039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm so happy our club has earnt the respect of so many in the basketball community we work hard and request the highest divs and get knocked back do we play where we are put which makes our parents side with us more because of the wrong that's brought on our club we now have an u12 boys team who btw won state champs reserve grand final by 30!! Playing in under 14 div 4 and winning because they couldn't get div 2 and the parents wanted to stick with the club so we moved them up an age group they have played 3 games beat north by 47 lost to eagles ( top side ) by 1 and beat woodville by 35 this is what BSA competions commitee has forced us to do otherwise they stay in div 3 and win by 80 plus each week and all that does is kill the confidence of the kids in the other teams an upset people.

Please keep posting your support for us it is appreciated
also for the record basketball in the west can support 3 teams it's don't it before
( Adelaide Giants )

Reply #279098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want to give everybody at Magic a big pat on the back for the great work they have done over the years.Keep up with the good work and i belive thats the only way you will be taken notice of.Now its still beyond me about playing in higher div"s why not ? I understand if the standard was that clubs must have 40+ teams ok then,but there are so many with just over 20 that it truly isnt funny.Magic is a young club ,but they have done so much in a short period of time.

Reply #279148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Woodville leave the dome anyway?I really wonder if Magic moved there would its tribe follow,or is stclair such a hot ground?

Reply #279176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what i heard it was costing them and BSA WAY too much to stay there

Reply #279206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is like Groundhog Day with the repetition of the Woodville/West/Magic saga.

I know Magic will come back and say the kids want to play together but they knew the rules before they created the club and at what level they would compete at and also they must comply with any new rules. Everyone can't have everything at times - that is life. If the kids want to play at a higher level then move to another club. If you want to play as a group of kids together play at Magic or play socially and then also play district at another club.

And yes there may have been 3 teams supported in the west in the good old days. I am guessing participation rates were much higher then too!!

Sort your problems out behind closed doors like the good clubs do. This constant public bickering indicates to me that you are not as well run as what you think!!!

Reply #279213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A mouse doesn't know it's being devoured by the boa constrictor until the last minute.....bye ..bye Magic, bye, bye...

Reply #279219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bearcats eat boa constrictors for breakfast !

Reply #279350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

must be the grown up bears because the juniors are devoured weekly

Reply #279363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF does they knew the rules before they created a club mean? I asume the last 3 entries were put in by 5 year olds. Basketball sa couldnt run a brothel in Amsterdam or Bankok yet alone a decent sport as this,Netball SA must be loving this confusion with basketball in the west. By the way did anybody think that during a merger the new mega club would loose around 10/15 teams,i bet not how stupid is that now. So many so called wariors said they would fuck of to west instead of stay.So BASKETBALL SA,do you even care? If you dont belive me call the Tigers and ask how many left whan 2 teams formed their association!

Reply #279488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting fact that southern tigers lost so many teams during their merge,if thats true let Magic stand alone in the district comp and play div1,2;if not whats the alternative? Ive spoken to many Warriors parents,and yes they oppose a merge no matter how much Magic give in to their terms.Shame to ruin a club like Magic, I wish them all the best in years to come.

Reply #279508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there are too many clubs now and the comp is a diluted and weak one because of it. adelaide needs 6 clubs, no more and a zone ststem to go with it.

Reply #279509 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Cool with 6 clubs we will have around 10000 kids playing in shithouse divisions,nice!

Reply #279601 | Report this post

charon  
Years ago

Ah Ringlord the great Western Magic ambassador. Club wishes you'd shut up because you're just hurting their chances talking all this junk.

Reply #279606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are boys playing netball out west now anon. And Magic knew what the rules were and the likelihood of them being Div 1. If they didn't it just reaffirms my thoughts on their management.

Just merge with Woodville, wear green and gold and call yourself Woodville Warriors - that seems a solution to me!!

Reply #279609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, what the F were the rules for Magic and really who wouldnt want to change the green in the Warriors kit ?

Reply #279713 | Report this post

xx  
Years ago

The rules are you are not a member club and you will never get a div 1 spot for any team ,,,,,,,,,,,

Reply #279735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the rules same for div2 also? OK basketball SA will make div3 pretty strong over the next few years with zoning that division.Interesting times are ahead,i hope basketball only gets better and with 36ers games on tv maybe more kids will join clubs.Best of luck for Warriors and Magics future,they will work something out sooner or latter.

Reply #279738 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

Charon..... hurting their chances for WHAT?????

Reply #279767 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

ALLL good about magic merging with the warriors - welcome anytime wear green callled warriors.Play Div 1 Div 2 and not sook - thought reason MAA=GIC WAS FORMED WAS TO GIVE UNHAPPY WARRIORS OPTIONS TO PLAY LOWER DIVISION
my how you forget so soon.

Reply #279789 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

The great ambassador is back and he points out to Anon above that yes maybe Magic was formed by EX WOODVILLE players,but that was years ago just look at all age teams up to under 16"s they have nothing to to with that -so let the subject rest already.And yes div 3 will be far more improved than it is now in the future,but a whole generation will miss out on that because it will take years to impliment.OK there is the possability of wining the summer season and moving up a div.I dont understans kids winning for example a agr group and then next season being put down again,maybe by 2 divisions to me thats taking the piss out of the club.Totally not fair and unsportslike,where did the good old ozzy fair go dissapire?

Reply #279878 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Crap i mean dissapear!

Reply #279881 | Report this post

merge time  
Years ago

when will you understand if the magic kids want to play Div 1 they will have to move to another club eg. woodville or west or maybe even north, as long as they are at magic they will never play div 1, So the club should just merge with woodville and let the players that have a chance of taking thier game to another level play div 1 or just stay where you are and stop sooking and stay playing in the lower divs....

Reply #279884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic must understand what they are being told; its just like a chocholate milkshake ,only crunchy.When they get this things will be peachy,oh so peachy.

Reply #279957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its a hard pill to swallow when your teams are improving and the woodville teams are constantly being flogged unfortunatly the path woodville have chosen may be one that sees them vanish from the comp as sad as that is its progress i hope they dont but the futre is not bright for them!

the two faced behaviour of some of the people in the club is going to cost the club in the end and the good people at the club will be the ones that suffer its always a handful that ruin it for everyone

the magic woodville talks are done and a new path will be taken i have faith that the magic will do whats best for the kids at the club

and to make note on the comment if you wanna play div 1 go to west woodville or north the kids are going mainly to forrestville and are encoureged to pursue the higher divs it seems the only teams that have a problem with magic coming up are the ones most likly to lose to them!

all i can say is anyone that is playing for magic stick by your club the road ahead looks to be paved with gold!!

Reply #279981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic players be true to your club and you will prosper.May the force be with you!

Reply #280124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#981,

Would be interesting to see how Woodville would go against Magic if they started playing there best team in Div 2 instead of Div 1 and so on down the grades. As has been said before the good players of Magic who want to challenge themselves and play Div 1 move. I don't see what the issue is for Magic. Just be a niche club catering for those who want to play structured bball at a low cost without wanting to play Div 1. Understand that and all will be fine!!

Reply #280138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you could say the same as the Port Adelaide football club, West Adelaide any team that was in a low grade in thier sport and pushed for the bigger picture sometimes things start of small then get so big you cant hold them back i would love to see the top magic sides play the top woodville sides and see the results at the end!!

Reply #280268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah people,now thats what i"m talking about,let them(Magic) play some friendlies with the warriors and lets see where the chips may fall.

Reply #280360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it maybe paved with gold BUT i cant see magic having a Div 1 team any time soon, so it looks like a few kids missing out on playing div1......

Reply #280363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

363 - no they always have choices to play Div 1 elsewhere if they want or are good enough

Reply #280366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let these kids have the satisfaction of playing div2,and all will be at peace!Across all levels that is.

Reply #280602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball sa royaly screwed Magic when they moved woodville to st clair.I hope they piss of back to the sheds at athol park ,its where they belong.Hope the dome is bought by somewone who has a genuine interest in basketball ,and Magic move in there. Maybee when they have 60 teams in a few years the governing body will let them play in all divisions-including ABL. As they say money talks ,bulshit walks. VILLIES should sponser them,nobody eats his pies in the poshy suburbs os forrestville anyway;start putting your sponsorship money where your buisiness is mr Militsits.

Reply #280675 | Report this post

oberon68  
Years ago

Athol Park was a far superior stadium to St Clair. It was also set up for junior basketball a lot better than the Dome.

As for Magic having 60 teams one day - you are dreaming. Magic are a small-time club who will continue to run around in the lower divs, until people get sick of playing for a social club and move on to a real club.

As for Magic playing ABL - you are showing a very limited understanding of SA basketball. Never gonna happen, despite what you or the rest of your naive mates might think.

Reply #280679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic can have a ABL team easy,just advertise and see how many reserve players from other teams come over.Why be a reserve if you can get a gig in a first team-pure logic for anybody not wanting to play second fiddle in other clubs.Finding a coach would be piss easy.

Reply #280740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic will never have 60 teams,but left to prosper i"m positive they will have no less than the Warriors.Together they could kick some ass,but why should Western Magic agree to a complete takeover. GREED is the downfall of many!

Reply #280754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball community of Adelaide,wake up .Magic has same number of teams as Maverics-Lions -and more than torrens valley.Let them compete as a lone entity,ok maybe for a while not playing at top levels,If after lets say another 5 years there still around and strong in numbers let them have a chance at the big boys of our great game.

Reply #280866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic is a upcoming giant in The western suburbs and if you dont agree with me >i will have sexy time with your girlfriend;OK PEOPLES!

Reply #281021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the post above me makes me laugh

Reply #281047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

These threads are like a living advertisement for the Western Magic.

Reply #281067 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I disagree with Anon #281021

so give it ur best shot mate!

Reply #281071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#281021 - I will disagree with you if you promise to take my wife away from me!!!

Reply #281081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dude on ch7 magics secrets wasnt on this week because Woodville Warriors are holding him hostage so that he reveals Western Magics secret for success.

Reply #281114 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

They probably think he is the club president.

Reply #281119 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Western Magic's secret for success? I believe that is an oxymoron, with the emphasis on the moron bit.

Reply #281123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors look like a group of leprechauns ready to go to a irish pub.

Reply #281185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way ,what is Woodvilles secret to be a hot bball club.To be around for that long and to have 30 teams is a real achivement(not)!

Reply #281188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that Forrestville should take over Magic ,the new name being-ADELAIDE KICKARSE.

Reply #281209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most readers are uninformed the reason these two clubs didnt get together is because of the two chicks runing both apsolutely hate each other. Come on ladies kiss,hug and make up for the sake of basketball in the western suburbs.

Reply #281337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong #281337 it was because of woodvilles lack of leadership

Reply #281476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong #281476 it was because of Magics lack of compromise

Reply #281492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My son (who till now only played school basketball)tried out with Warriors and was told he had to start in div 3 because of his playing background. OK,but the fact that the day he was accessed he trained with the div 1 team and he was at least on par with half the team.Needles to say he now plays div 2 for Forrestville.Now it begs me to think would Magic players applying for positions be treated in the same manner,if so then what is the point of embarrassing these kids in even trying to play in a higher division?Just let their club have a go.

Reply #281500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another parent that thinks the sun shines out of.......

Reply #281509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think that but the staff at eagles think so since they said they are promoting him to div 1 next season.Actually i dont know much about basketball,in my bygone years i was into cricket and AFL.

Reply #281512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the same would have happened at Woodville if you gave it a chance

Reply #281514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its nice to know that there are progressive people at Woodville,pitty we didnt stumble upon you there.After all the green and gold were my childs first choice.Please be good to the players from Magic if they come over and you will have some really strong div1/2 teams. Best of luck for the future.By the way where was the stadium at Athol park,i have never heard of it -is it still there?

Reply #281518 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

"my son was told he would be in Division 3"

So what!

Maybe you should try telling your kid "in the real world" instead of "once upon a time".

"Embarrassing their kids", what a load of crap.

Your just another pathetic Emo parent who won't let their Emo kid work hard to get rewarded. Be carefull of the type of kid your bringing up as you won't be around all the time to soften life's blows.

I would hope that Magic, Eagles, Bearcat players, whoever are treated the same way.
Start at the bottom and work hard. If you do you will get rewarded.

Reply #281519 | Report this post

triton  
Years ago

#512 - if they said they are promoting him from div 2 to div 1 next season - that's because the kids a year ahead of him will move up an age group. Would be the same at any club, so your point is a bit...well, pointless really.

Reply #281532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Triton - saves me writing the same thing

Reply #281536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No crap even at Magic he would move up to our best team if he was a good player,that is our best division 3 team/pick of the bunch!

Reply #281550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The post above cracks me up,best div 3 team haha. Basketball SA should sack+takeover administration of both Warriors and Magic leadership and then unify these sorry arse two into one.Then my club would finaly have a proper team to compete against.

Reply #281643 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

People of Adelaide thank you for responding to my subject with a century of comments,i thought it would only get a few .Feels good to see that so many are so passionate about the sport. Please add more if you wish . By the way did Harry Kewell deserve a red card?

Reply #281677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it was a penalty,not deliberate though.Does anybody know if there will be any development to Woodville highs gym? It would be a great training venue for Warriors/Magic.

Reply #281779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville high gymnasium was to be renovated but with Rudd out of government,who knows what"s with it now.

Reply #281795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulshit Woodvilles gym was never on the agenda for a renovation,too many tird world and povo students for any government to consider.

Reply #282051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Le Warriors are moving their whole operation into that gig.StClair will be left only for ABL games and for the Magic to do as they please with it.

Reply #282082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant wait for Western Magic to have a ABL team,now hows that for a sexy prospective look into the future,then they will get into the NBL as an Adeliade second team. Just look at netball,the thunderbirds have done it-same colours ,same future sponsor? Hey who knows,if BASA keep screwing them around maybe all the girls teams will just go over to netball and make stclair what it should be and that is a netball powerhouse.

Reply #282113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People seriously the woodville/ magic thing is done there are better and far more exciting cards on the table!!

Reply #282137 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think the Cavs are that desperate.

Reply #282139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville must speak to basketballsa and as a sister club represent their case to let Magic play in higher divisions.Now that would be a sign of true sportsmanship and basketball solidarity.By the way the Cavs are that desperate,just look at all the crap the coach is saying about a certain ex player.

Reply #282173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why must Woodville speak to BSA to let Magic play higher divisions? Why dont Magic ask the "far more exciting prospect" (post 137) to represent their case. Woodville/Magic is a done deal - remember.

Reply #282188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Magic is the bomb baby,the complete package/best name/best strip/best location/ok we need better coaches/more training/and a merge with woodville.Screw it may the team be called woodville warriors ,just keep magics strip-it looks a lot better.Lets be a force together in the 2011 season.

Reply #282297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i point out this topic!!

West Adelaide Bearcats and Western Magic

oops woodville missed another boat!!

Reply #282317 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

YEAH BABY,the West adelaide+western thingy is really on the agenda and i just brought it in for a discussion. Have i got supernatural powers-who knows after all it is going on.

Reply #282504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville must be green with envy,oops that is their colour.

Reply #282532 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Magic prepared to do deal with anybody - if west agree to merge and give up their tradition i go he for chasey
West dont need Magic Never

Reply #282544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ringlord - or Spadge??

Reply #282555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West would not be giving up on any tradition,if you dont believe me go to a ABL game and you will see that all that is written is west.The bearcat is a south-east asian beast and has no place in our dear oussie sporting scene.

Reply #282609 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

hey Anon ;who dares wins{Magics forever motto}.

Reply #282644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will never work because wests players are scared for div1/2 positions-greed really,not thinking about the future of their club.

Reply #282763 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Wests players will welcome this,because it will make them strong.They are a smart bunch of competitors.

Reply #282794 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Welcome losers dont think so

Reply #282796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bearcat is a south-east asian beast and has no place in our dear oussie sporting scene.
Let me see is the Panther Aussie NO
is the Sabres Aussie NO
is the tiger Aussie NO
I could go on what the hell are you on about (282609) At least there is not too many other teams with the BEARCATS name

Reply #282812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that the bearcat is a rather cool beast/very cute & stylish on the west adelaide tops,although rather a lesser known animal.

Reply #282944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic will be eaten up by the fat cats down at the port.

Reply #283195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How dare somebody remove the other posting of this subject from the general topics listing,was the topic getting to hot for some?

Reply #283365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What are you on about? The General listing (or any category) only shows the latest x postings on the page. The rest are found via search. Nothing to do with a topic being too hot or someone "daring" to remove it.

Reply #283417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The West Adelaide Bearcats will be a force in the 2010/11 season, maybe not as good as the top 4 clubs but in the years 2 come they will get there!

Reply #283717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell yeah!!

Reply #283866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After both clubs members meetings,what was the verdict on the whole spiel about the clubs forming an association;ANYBODY PLEASE!

Reply #284277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is like google in china,silence means censorship to me,why else the deadly silence.

Reply #284450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Bearcats are dead to the port,as is the anonced port upgrade.Neither will you see mass tourism at the port,and the only Magic players you see will be the ones playing le cats .

Reply #284599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic exist on the div 3to5 plane,and for higher divs players will be escorted to west adelaide!

Reply #285242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldnt magics players have always joined any other club and tried out for higher divs?

Reply #285273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am confused by all this. People wanted to have the magic as a low cost option to play structured bball knwoing they couldn't play Div 1. If they move up from lower divisions to play Div 1 at west will they not be burdened by the increased registration costs - something which was a key reason for setting up Magic.

Reply #285278 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

You've got it I reckon. Maybe want to have their cake and eat it too!!

Reply #285282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Management at Magic have done a good job in looking after their players and club,a lot of negotiating but it was really worth it in the end. GOOD JOB GUYS!

Reply #285467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever wrote the above must not be informed that there is no agreement between the two clubs whatsoever! Magics players may go try out for Bearcat teams-so what they can try out at any other club as well.What a farce so far,the members of Magic have been given false hope over and over again.As a Warrior myself im loving it,cant believe you thought that woodville would perish,join us and lets party together.

Reply #285731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only place Magics players will be partying will be down at the port .Warriors are invited to the try outs also ,so lets have a mega magicbearcatswarior fiesta my western suburbs hombres and muchachos. ps; i will bring down the pinata.

Reply #286050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754